NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

God of War Collection

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/31/god-of-war-collection-blu-ray-disc-compilation-available-this-holiday-season/#more-15448

Thanks to your feedback, we are excited to announce the God of War Collection for this Holiday Season. Now fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic journey of God of War and God of War II in 720p HD form. Both titles have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience, only on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring the PlayStation Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the very first time.

OUT-FREAKING-STANDING! :yay::bowdown::yay:

I'll be interested in this... God of War series has always seemed lame to me... but if this is a budget thing then I might pick it up to see what all the fuss is about.

Pretty awesome indeed.

Loved the GoW series, so will definitely pick this up on release (Will also refresh my memory for when 3 is released :) )

I really hope they do the same before The Last Guardian comes out. I've never had a PS2. :heh:

Also, I would murder someone for the MGS trilogy even though I've already played it.

Edited by Daft

I really hope they do the same before The Last Guardian comes out. I've never had a PS2. :heh:COLOR]

That would truly be awesome.

I thought they might have included the Trilogy in with GoW3. Not that I'm complaining, its just a surprise.

Awesome! Another title for this christmas!

Never played a God of war game.

Nice, I was contemplating picking up GOW 1 + 2 in their original PS2 format - NTSC obv - but assuming this works out the same / cheaper then I'll just get this instead because this is basically gonna be the equivelant of Metroid Prime Trilogy - in terms of quality not a direct comparison - but for the PS3. :)

Great news indeed!!

Like Daft said, doing the same for The Last Guardian is a must... it would be EPIC!!

Hm...I already have the first two titles...but 720p HD sounds awesome. Maybe I'll get it.

I wonder when it is out here.

Dude, the original post already has 290 degrees on n4g. ;)

I know I can only try!

I really hope they do the same before The Last Guardian comes out. I've never had a PS2. :heh:

I really, really, hope that that happens.

Might buy this, as i've never played any of the God of War games.

I hope I like them, as i'll also have God of War 3 to look forward to.

Shouldn't they have done a special ed like they've done with the Prime 'Trilogy'. So all 3 games bundled into one package, even if in this one it wasn't on one disc?

Missed a trick no?

Anyway I may/may not pick this up, I'm not really desperate to see what GoW is like. Depends on pricing.

Also, I would murder someone for the MGS trilogy even though I've already played it.

This, except I haven't played MGS before either. I basically missed out on most Playstation exclusives up to this point, as at the time of PS1 I wasn't a very hardcore gamer and I never had a PS2.

Definately will get this, definately would buy a MGS collection, and definately would buy Ico / SoTC.

Shouldn't they have done a special ed like they've done with the Prime 'Trilogy'. So all 3 games bundled into one package, even if in this one it wasn't on one disc?

Missed a trick no?

Anyway I may/may not pick this up, I'm not really desperate to see what GoW is like. Depends on pricing.

I'd say it's more a marketing thing for release prior to GoW3. When that comes out they will probably do some bundling stuff, but it's more for people like me that have never played the GoW's before that are getting PS3's without backwards compatibility.

It's probably quite likely Ico/Sotc will get a boxset isn't it? They know quite a few people missed out on the games and that they're quite iconic and rare.

TLG is the last part of the trilogy (just like GoW3) so I can see them doing a bundle.

So now Sony have jumped on the wagon of releasing old generation games onto the PS3.

But the difference here is that some people can't play the games on their PS3.

But the difference here is that some people can't play the games on their PS3.

Yeah you have a point, forgot that the PS3 was not backwards compatible now, sorry for my ignorance >_>

Even if i had a BC PS3 i'd buy God of War and GoW 2 for the 720p lovelyness and trophies. Though i do have a PS2 under my TV. watching composite PS2 graphics on a big HDTV is eye wateringly bad.

This news makes me happy. God of War is a game I originally bought my PS2 for, but then sold because I realised I had no money and that I actually wouldn't play any old games. Now it's coming on PS3 I'm happy.

Even if i had a BC PS3 i'd buy God of War and GoW 2 for the 720p lovelyness and trophies. Though i do have a PS2 under my TV. watching composite PS2 graphics on a big HDTV is eye wateringly bad.

Bear in mind BC PS3 just slightly enhances the PQ but PAL games are worse off due to hardly any progressive scan modes etc.

I really welcome this. Fantastic and epic series.

Sign in to follow this