NEurope
Ashley

Do A Barrel Roll!

The Photoshop Whisperer known as 120px-MKwii_Redshell.jpg threw together a new scheme a while ago but with some bits being fiddly and me being lazy/busy its been in WIP hell for ages but finally, it can be released!

The new scheme is based on the retro Starfox games and features a kind of vintage colour scheme;

33c6gra.jpg

(ignore the black last.fm popup box in the top right)

To change the forum scheme go to the very bottom left hand corner of the forum and you shall see a drop down box with all the scheme options. This particular one is called 'Starfox'.

Some of the colours I'm still a bit unsure about but let me know if you have any suggestions.

Anyway, a massive thanks to RedShell for his fantastic work and I hope you accept my apologise for its delay :)

Edited by Ashley

Just a small thing, the banner isnt stretching all the way for me on the right so its just leaving a big green gap

Come again?

Caps or didn't happen :p

(but seriously, a cap would be great)

Possible Firefox bug? (It's fine on Chrome.)

Looks brilliant, I've been looking forward to this for ages. :) Good work, RedShell and Mary Kate!

Ah I think I might know what that was (I'd been lazy and the bg image was pointed toward a forum attachment which would have been in the staff boards that most people don't have permission to see).

Now?

Heh I was wondering when this scheme would be implemented, it's looking really damn good, the only thing is coloured names don't show up as well against the background on this scheme but, it's a small price to pay. :)

Considering you can expect a lot of main site readers to be directed to this thread, perhaps you can edit the original post to explain how one can change the theme? Being couped up in a tiny corner will probably be a little too subtle to any newbies.

Good idea. I thought it deserved a little exposure on the main site, but there's no guide for how to change the theme!

Heh I was wondering when this scheme would be implemented, it's looking really damn good, the only thing is coloured names don't show up as well against the background on this scheme but, it's a small price to pay. :)

Mhm I kept tweaking them a little this way, a little that way and it never seemed to fit perfectly but if anyone else has problems reading the staff names let me know and I shall keep trying.

Considering you can expect a lot of main site readers to be directed to this thread, perhaps you can edit the original post to explain how one can change the theme? Being couped up in a tiny corner will probably be a little too subtle to any newbies.

Well I didn't know it was going to get posted on the site :heh: Done anyway, good idea :)

You can also change it through your User CP, which I think would be where you would look for it, normally.

This is the shit. Moving mouths on the links: Sexy.

One issue I'm having, not sure if anyone else is, but green staff names are almost blending in with the gray.

EDIT: It's happening with me with green text in general, for example the green in my signature isn't that readable. On the flipside some people might find it a plus that ReZ's posts won't be all that visible.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

One issue I'm having, not sure if anyone else is, but green staff names are almost blending in with the gray.

EDIT: It's happening with me with green text in general, for example the green in my signature isn't that readable. On the flipside some people might find it a plus that ReZ's posts won't be all that visible.

I can see the majority of us changing to this scheme now....

Oh yeah that was one thing. I did try and use an auto-change thing so when ReZ typed in [noparse]...[/noparse] it would change to a more suitable green but it wouldn't and I kinda forgot...

Wow... That's almost exactly what I was implying.

Also the shade of red admins have in their username has gone quite dark, it's almost as bad as the green.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I love the implications here: The main site is boring, the chatroom is for dirty old men, the forum is for closet homosexuals and the blog is just shite.

Fox, Peppy, Falco, Slippy - geddit?

:(

Fox%27s%20Butter%20Crincle%20Crinch.jpg

Fox's boring?

hershey-bar.gif

Hershey!

Okay thats pretty epic.

Awesome work on the scheme fellars. I can't change from the original though...(not that I can't but I won't)

I'm not saying I find it a plus, I think I'm going to have to switch back for the time being, as I can't be bothered to highlight the majority of coloured text just to read it.