NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Advent Calendar!

Woo goes up tommorow, what one does everyone have?

I have a lindt one, and it looks QUALITY, and so it should be as it was quite pricey.

30.jpg

• Soft-melting Lindor tablets
  • Milk chocolate Snowballs with a creamy filling
  • Milk Chocolate Santa Claus
  • Solid mini Baubles
  • Excellence Minis: Extra Creamy + Crunchy Caramel + Macadamia
  • Lindor Milk and white chocolate mini baubles

Advent calendars usually get me in the xmas spirit.:yay:

Lindt chocolate FTW.

Lucky bastard, I normally get the cadburys one thats considered 'expenive' if i get one at all, grr...

I bet your parents paid like £7.99 for that one!

We have a re-usable cloth Christmas Tree with 24 little pockets, which hangs on the kitchen door. Then my mum pops four little treats in each one.

Meh, call it cheap if you will, but I tend to wait until December 4th/5th so that all Advent Caledners in my local Sainsburys are reduced to around 25p :)

On a word of advice, don't get the football calenders. Got an Arsenal one last years and the chocolate was shat.

Bet that Lindt one is gonna have bluddy A8 sublime chocolate *jealous*

Meh, call it cheap if you will, but I tend to wait until December 4th/5th so that all Advent Caledners in my local Sainsburys are reduced to around 25p :)

Hehey, that's what I usually do!

But this year I'll try getting that lovely Lindt one. There isn't a Waitrose near me, but I know Whittards have a deal with Lindt, so I'll see if they have it.

Hehey, that's what I usually do!

But this year I'll try getting that lovely Lindt one. There isn't a Waitrose near me, but I know Whittards have a deal with Lindt, so I'll see if they have it.

Don't go overboard though. You're called fatnickc for a reason!

That's pretty funny. I'm sure your Mormon God will have a few words in your ear, though.

My Mum couldn't find any as our shops are crappy and got me a 99p one with really bad plasticy chocolate inside. I'm buying myself one tomorrow.

:| My parents obviously dont love me, no advent calender for me but for my brothers they all have one!

Oh well, they did buy me mario kart when i didnt have money.

Nice upperclass calendar you've got there stocka.

I'm 20 years old now, so I really don't expect to deal with them anymore...............I couldn't be anymore wrong though, as my Mum always buys us all (kids) calendars every year. I've got no idea what sort it is, but I'll find out tomorrow at somepoint.

I kind of wonder when she'll stop buying them!

Well mine is a little bit different this year.

presents.jpg

My sister has sent me a bag of 25 wrapped up items, all numbered. I have no idea what's in them, but I'm looking forward to finding out. It's probably little chocolates or xmas figures.

Wow, I feel left out. I can only remember having an advent calendar like, twice or something when I was little. Guess I shouldn't complain though, we always got all our candy and chocolates at Sinterklaas, which would usually last us till Christmas anyway.

My maths teacher had the bright idea of putting chocolate inside our homework jotter if we did well in it for Advent only. So today (even though it isn't properly advent yet) when I opened my homework jotter I found, to my great surprise, a little square slab of chocolate (still in it's wrapper), after turning round to laugh at the fatty behind me who didn't get one (he sucks at maths) I opened it up, to find a big slob of melted chocolate which was all over my jotter too.

Great idea!

Well mine is a little bit different this year.

presents.jpg

My sister has sent me a bag of 25 wrapped up items, all numbered. I have no idea what's in them, but I'm looking forward to finding out. It's probably little chocolates or xmas figures.

Wow nice idea, that must be very exciting. I personally love hampers, my Dad use to bring one home at christmas sometimes from work when I was little but never anymore :sad:

For the last 3 years I've got a big bag of chocolates and wrapped up #25, put a sweet over it and wrap another piece of wrapping over it and put a #24 on it. Keep doign thta til you havea massive parcel with 25 sweets inside. It's great!

The only advent calender i ahve this year is the date on my P.C.

Still Xmas draws near!

EDIT : The "winter festival" draws near.

*mutters*stupid people who think the word XMAS is offencive...

*mutters*stupid people who think the word XMAS is offencive...

Factoid of the day: The 'X' in Xmas is in fact a greek letter, 'chi'. This was used as an abbreviation for Christ, possibly due to the name's early clandestinity, and Xmas became a scholarly term.

I suppose you might say the term has fallen from grace, as many now see it as synonymous with Christmas' commercial side. It's like the swastika all over again.

But getting back on topic, I won't be having an advent calendar. Being a 'responsible adult', I'm apparently beyond such seasonal treats as Easter eggs. I might just take it upon myself to buy some Dubble bars as compensation.

My parents reckon that 25 is too old for them to be gettin me an advent calendar, but fear not, my sister-in-law got me a simpsons one, so i'm happy! :grin:

Sign in to follow this