NEurope
flameboy

What would you do?

Your ex is not just your ex, she's her own person. You were the one who invited her into your family and circle of friends, you can't expect everyone to blank her just because you're 'done with her', as it were. They aren't just your friends, they're her friends too now.

Don't get me wrong, her still being around might not always make things that comfortable for you and I understand that. That's only as big an issue as you let it be, though. She can't force you to be her partner again, if she's a bitch about things then she risks losing her (your) friends, and frankly if a potential new girlfriend is put off because you share friendships with your ex I wouldn't exactly peg them as someone that will stand by you through thick and thin...

Relationships aren't all about the good times, they also involve dealing with the fallout when things go wrong. Cutting someone out of your life isn't dealing, it's avoiding. So... suck it up, basically. That might not be the most sympathetic advice, but I'd like to think it's more helpful than pandering to your ego.

Point taken over the friends. But my own family? I've not tried to cut her out I've tried my best to stay friends with her which isn't easy. The statement about staying friends with my ex and then hoping that any future girlfriend doesn't kick up a stink doesn't really work as my ex stopped me from talking to my previous ex. It's been 6 months since we split up you just expect things like this to not be an issue anymore, I've had another relationship since, however fucked up it may have been.