NEurope
tapedeck

The underrated Wii games thread.

I'm loving Okami at the moment and I'm so happy I've had a chance to finally devote some time to this extraordinary title. A total gem yet I can see how the depth (and style) could certainly put gamers off.

On the Wii Music front:

I enjoyed aspects of Wii Music - the action of playing an instrument was (for the most part) great (drumming in particular) yet the lack of DLC and therefore overall lack of depth was frustrating in a way which put this title in the same bracket as Electroplankton.

Fun in short, short bursts yet lacked direction, depth and almost a reason for being.

Still, it was a very interesting concept and one I'm glad Nintendo actually released, if only to continue to let Miyamoto continue to release titles into the market.

I mean, c'mon, when Miyamoto stops developing titles the gaming landscape could be a very monochrome one. I'd rather we basked in the oddball releases from the mind of a genius and let him influence the opportunity for future developers whilst we still can. Flaws and all.

Oh Wii Play, I used to despise that game but probably for all the wrong reasons because when you put into persepective that it's a mere fiver it's not that bad.

The Conduit, I don't know, I thought it was actually dissapointing so it's not underrated at all in my opinion.

NiGHTS Journey Of Dreams, now that's an underrated title! I love it and I wasn't even expecting too. It was one of those impulse buys as I saw it for a mere £6 in Gametstation and just ended up at the till. I didn't bother playing it for a few days, they I thought I'd best give it a go and it turned out to be one of my favourite experiences on the Wii

My under-rated Wii game that I'm loving at the moment is Mario Strikers Charged Football. Such a great game, with great pace, fun gameplay and an absolutely blast in multiplayer. Recently played some of this against a mate, and we both loved it. I've been online with it in the past and enjoyed my time, so will try to go online a bit more, if people on here still play it, hehe.

My other nomination is going to be De Blob. But, I don't think its under-rated anymore. I've been preaching about it for ages, and so have many others, and it now has a cult-status with Wii owners. So, its getting the recognition it deserves amongst gamers, or at least amongst gamers who are willing to try something a bit off-the-wall.

Yes. Great game. Played on line with Japjer today for the first time in a LONG time and it was great fun. Absolutely perfect connection too!! So yeah, if you're up for some online goodness then PM me.

Underrated games? I agree with most peoples, here are some that people haven't mentioned that I love:

- Geometry Wars

- Ghost Squad

- Forced Unleashed

- Metal Slug Anthology

- Shaun White

- Tiger Woods

- Mario & Sonic Olympics

I know Tiger and Shaun got high reviews; but they're underrated on here as no one seems to have them!!

Oh, and how could I forget Kororinpa!

I gotta throw this in man im sorry "The Conduit" Under rated sorry but some people gotta agree that its crapy.

I have Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip and have actually been playing it the last couple of days (with the Balance Board, of course :heh:) ..it's really cool, though playing it that way can be really difficult!

I'm 41% through it so I still have plenty more fun ahead :hehe:

I've got Shaun. Great title and looking forward to the next one coming soon. I also have TW and it's great. control is sublime. Wii has so many great titles when you dig around.

Yes. Great game. Played on line with Japjer today for the first time in a LONG time and it was great fun. Absolutely perfect connection too!! So yeah, if you're up for some online goodness then PM me.

Only just seen this post, so my apologies for lateness. Sure thing, I'll give you a message within the next few days and we'll get some games up and running. :)

Does Super Paper Mario count as underrated?

Fantastic game

________

SRX440

Edited by Ronnie

Does Super Paper Mario count as underrated?

Fantastic game

It has been a good while now since I finished Super Paper Mario (a year or two..) but if anything I felt it was overrated at the time because it didn't seem to be anywhere near the level of The Thousand Year Door, something I found particulalry strange considering I don't often favour turn-based battles :eek:

I feel like it is a game I will play again though as I may enjoy it more next time as it certainly had it's great points :smile: My main gripe was having to constantly change dimensions just to check to see if anything was there so it was a little stop/start :hmm:

Epic Mickey

Goldeneye

Kirby Epic Yarn

FlingSmash

Sonic Colors

NBA Jam

Pokepark Wii Pikachu's Adventure

Monster Hunter Tri

Red Steel 2

Oh Wii Play, I used to despise that game but probably for all the wrong reasons because when you put into persepective that it's a mere fiver it's not that bad.

The Conduit, I don't know, I thought it was actually dissapointing so it's not underrated at all in my opinion.

NiGHTS Journey Of Dreams, now that's an underrated title! I love it and I wasn't even expecting too. It was one of those impulse buys as I saw it for a mere £6 in Gametstation and just ended up at the till. I didn't bother playing it for a few days, they I thought I'd best give it a go and it turned out to be one of my favourite experiences on the Wii

If you played the original you'd probably notice where the problem lies. The Saturn version had such tight controls and a subtle but engrossing storyline, and somehow, despite ten years of advancing tech they managed to make the game control less tightly, the whole story was convoluted and held your hand throughout, and Sega's love for gimmicks overtook the core gameplay mechanic.

The game had potential, it looked great in the first video's that were released, but then too much unnecessary bollocks was thrown in.

Anyway, enough of my fanboy whinery :P One Wii game I love was the original Excite Trucks. Easy on of the best multiplayer experiences I remember having on the Wii, and it just brings back that "new console feeling" every time I pick it up. Never got the chance to player the other Excite games but if I ever pick up another Wii it'll be on top of the list, right next to DKC Returns.

I'm so glad I operate my life in such a way that I don't have to buy the same console twice.

ive recently picked up fragile and rune factory wii cheap but they remain sealed on my shelf should i be ashamed ?

I'm so glad I operate my life in such a way that I don't have to buy the same console twice.

Haha, well I've bought a Dreamcast 3 times before, but for very different reasons why I need to buy another Wii. Sadly food>games nowadays.

De Blob is still good. Just throwing that out there :heh:

Meanwhile, I think Wii Fit is better than people give it credit for, so I guess it's underrated.

Sonic Unleashed too. Some people dismiss it as another failed, gimmicky sonic game, but I thought it was solid.

Excite Truck

Sure, it should have been at least a four-player game, if not online, but wow, in terms of pure fun factor it's one of the best games this generation.

I'm also a lover of Excite Truck! It's so fast paced and exciting!

Excite Truck

Sure, it should have been at least a four-player game, if not online, but wow, in terms of pure fun factor it's one of the best games this generation.

Excitebots fixes this and that game is amazing!!

Excitebots fixes this and that game is amazing!!

It sure is..i got rid of Excitetruck cause this is WAY better..can't believe it won't see release in Europe..Nintendo must be mad.

It can't be that underrated if we all love it :P

It received poor reviews and sales were that low that Nintendo didn't bother bringing the sequel over here.

I think it's safe to say that this immensely fun game is underrated.