NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

How many magazine covers?

I'm pretty sure that all of the press know about the controller. The question is, how many magazines will have the Revolution on the cover next month? It's a bit big headed, but this isn't just a revolution to gaming, it's a revolution for technology. Obviously Nintendo magazines such as NOM and NGC will feature the controller as a main story. I can suspect Edge and GamesTM may likely feature large pictures on the front. Or they'll go with MGS4, hopefully it's the former. I'm deffinately sure it'll feature on the covers of gadget magazines such as T3 and Stuff somewhere. Otherwise, most mens magazines such as FHM should at least have a small article inside about it, though it's likely to miss out important information. Basically, the impact it's had on the press will hopefully be shown next month when all of the new issues of our favorite magazines come out.

Definitely on the cover of Edge and the majority of gaming magazines. It should feature on the front of some gadget magazines too. It's incredibly gadgety, which is why I think its appeal will continue to increase. It already made it onto the majority of UK news sites like BBC and Sky - I wonder if any newspapers got hold of it?

It's like a techno bomb waiting to go off. We're all at the epi-centre and the shockwaves are about to be felt around the globe.

It's also worth noting that just as XBox 360 is primed for global launch the Revolution will be making headlines everywhere in mags. With the impending launch of PS3 and Revolution in around 6 months after the XBox 360 release it will certainly make people question their Microsoft purchase. 1 competitor down... I'm willing to bet money on XBox coming last this generation, and quicker than people think. Yes, it will have a good launch, but my personal prediction is that they will stop sharply after Christmas.

Do you mean this should be on TIME magazine or something?

EGM/Nin. Power/Game Informer/heck, even CUBE should all have this thing on their covers. If they don't, then they shouldn't classify themselves as "gaming" magazines.

This is certainly a "revolution" in gaming, it's just too bad it may be a bit to revolutionary for me, and I'm definately old-school... we'll see...

You might be surprised. A lot of Nintendo fans are immersed in the world of Nintendo specific news right now. Other things have been revealed for other consoles lately too. Nintendo DS was speculated over for a long time and didn't appear on that many big name magazine covers.

Edge will probably take this opportunity to make a very sweet looking cover though.

Edge :aww: wish i could afford it. its too expensive in the US :mad: like 40$ for a sub.

Almost half what we pay then? It's only written down the road from me and you can get it cheaper.

Do you mean this should be on TIME magazine or something?

Well Xbox 360 made it onto the front of Time magazine. Hopefully this will do the same. Though I doubt that it will make it there before next year, as they need to release screenshots, specifications, and what not. Also Time actually got an interview with Bill Gates and J Allard, so it's equally possible that it won't appear in that magazine if Nintendo don't want the interview. My dad subscribes to Time, so he gets every issue, so it means I could read it for free.

Probably most mags will have this on their front cover, especially Edge and Games tm.

Hopefully they'll have some good features in the mags as well, cos even I'm not too sure EXACTLY how the controller works.... :smile:

I can see Edge making a fancy cover then an article inside lamenting Nintendo's decision to 'alienate' developers.

I can see Edge making a fancy cover then an article inside lamenting Nintendo's decision to 'alianate' developers.

They could have an issue dedicated to the controller and they'll be fanboys wailing it was PS3 biased.

EDGE & GamesTM wil have it, but I would put money on the fact that EDGE will somehow have lots of complaints as usual.

Pokemon is most likely to be the front cover of NOM, the controller will merely be shown in a small corner of the front cover (like the DS)

It will probably make a great cover on edge and be shit everywhere else.

Sign in to follow this