N-Europe

Professor Layton & The Spectre's Call / London Life

Dante

Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call will feature the bonus RPG London Life in Europe.

It has been reported that the 100-hour RPG that will come with Spectre's Call will be a North American exclusive.

However, Nintendo UK has told Official Nintendo Magazine that this is not the case - Spectre's Call will come with London Life in Europe when the new puzzling adventure is released in November.

Here are the latest Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call screenshots.

Are you looking forward to playing London Life?

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29935/professor-laytons-london-life-is-coming-to-europe/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamers overreacting about something? Unheard of!

I'm still angry about the 3DS being region locked.

But at least that's justified and not premature.

... They had no intention of ever localizing the games. The damage would have been done anyway. It's not like they would have been able to keep it a secret. :indeed:

Yes but they wouldn't have had to suffer the effects of that campaign if NOE hadn't leaked that info.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that EU IS getting London Life after all. I still think that "mistake" in the press release was done on purpose though (no way could they have made put such an inflammatory message there by accident - they knew what they were doing there)

Now is the time to be upset, ONM have updated the article:

Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call won't feature the bonus RPG London Life in Europe after all.

The 100-hour RPG came with the first game in the Professor Layton prequel series in Japan and will also be included in the US version of the game. Yet there was some confusion over whether the London Life would be released in the UK.

Nintendo UK has updated ONM on the situation, saying that they currently have no plans to include the London Life RPG with copies of the game when the new adventure is released in November.

:mad:

The way I see it, "currently have no plans" is PR speak for "I haven't got the foggiest idea".

Don't forget NOA "currently have no plans" to release Xenoblade et al. Its PR speak for "we don't want to say never but...never"

I don't mind importing this, it's just such a hassle. I understand that some games don't make it to all regions but a game as popular as the Layton series should be the same everywhere, what's the point of releasing it in Japan and NA with the rpg but not Europe?

AAA this is all so confusing :p

I was really looking forward to play the rpg, even more then playing the main game maybe :p

It would totally be unfair to not include the bonus feature in Europe! It's true that Americans had to miss out on some great games lately, and that's really a shame, but there is no need to "punish" European players XD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the US version and long since finished and sold this. Great game, nowhere near as good as the last one; it was the epic conclusion to a trilogy, so kind of expected. London Life was okay. I didn't play it too long as it just didn't grab me. Best to keep it to ten-minute plays inbetween the main game sessions.

• 1 month later...

I've completed the main game, have had to quit 2 puzzles and found some of the minigames, especially the puppet theatre shittily tacked on.

All in all, a nice Layton game though. However even though this is meant to be a prequel, Luke sounds like his balls have already dropped compared to the squeaky voice he has in later games. Plus, why get rid of Emmy!?