NEurope

This is the best Guitar Hero/Rock Band game ever. :)

Fantastic playlist. Let's wait for the DLC for more awesomeness.

This is the best Guitar Hero/Rock Band game ever. :)

Fantastic playlist. Let's wait for the DLC for more awesomeness.

Agreed. GH3 impressed me when it first came out, while World Tour felt a bit stale, plus I wasn't very keen on the drums. With this, I'm getting the same feeling I got when playing GH3, times a hundred, as I love The Beatles. :yay:

To those of you who have doubts, buy it! This game is so addictive. I always say to myself "Just One more song" but I always end up playing 20 or so! If you don't have any instruments, I think the cheapest option is to buy the GH3 set at HMV for £30 or buy the original Rock Band Band in a Box for £35 at Smyths toy stores or £55 at Tesco.

Regarding downloadable content, can't wait for Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road. I wonder if we'll be seeing any of the older albums? I doubt it somehow, but bet we'll get a selection of songs from them if that's the case. Help, Yesterday, Penny Lane, Magical Mystery Tour and Two of Us for me please!

Edited by welsh_gamer

This week uk charts has GH5 over Beatles Rock Band. :(

01 (__) 360 Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 (Codemasters)

02 (__) 360 Guitar Hero 5 (Activision Blizzard)

03 (04) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (03) WII Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)

05 (01) 360 Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)

06 (02) PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)

07 (__) PS3 Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 (Codemasters)

08 (__) 360 The Beatles: Rock Band (Electronic Arts)

09 (__) PS3 Guitar Hero 5 (Activision Blizzard)

10 (07) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

11 (__) WII Guitar Hero 5 (Activision Blizzard)

12 (__) WII The Beatles: Rock Band (Electronic Arts)

13 (__) PS3 The Beatles: Rock Band (Electronic Arts)

14 (__) PC Championship Manager 2010 (Eidos)

15 (11) PS3 Il2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey (505 Games)

16 (05) PSP Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Square Enix Europe)

To those worried about prices for other instruments - the Rock Band drum kit is only £20 in HMV atm.

I am gonna be getting this game GH5 this week one question does it have any micheal jackson?

No it doesn't... and hmm I thought we told you don't you ever come around here? Don't wanna see your face, you better disappear... There's fire in my eyes and my words are really clear, so beat it! just beat it!

J/k :) here's the full setlist though for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.destructoid.com/guitar-hero-5-s-entire-setlist-exposed-141959.phtml

People who have this on the Wii, update your friend codes, would be good to get some score competition going :)

Me and Welsh have had a couple of good games too!! Can't believe how unpopular this game is here!!

I;m really suprised the likes of help aren't on it.. I can kinda understand let it be,penny lane and some other piano based ones.

£14.99 at HMV!!!! Link

Also, I belive that the Abbey Road album is available to download now - will have a look over the weekend :bouncy:

Out of interest, whats the deal on the downloadable stuff on Beatles Rockband? Its is still solely Beatles songs, or can you access other music?

If not, would I be able to use the Beatles Rockband instruments with either Rockband or Rockband 2 (to access the other music).

JUST Beatles songs. And yes you can use the instruments on the other Rock Band games (but not guitar hero). GET IT though Dakota, its aweosme and want more people to play with, especially as Welsh doesn't play enough and tapdeck never plays...

I will say though, that unless you want the beatles instruments (would completely understand if you would, they look awesome) I would get the band kit for guitar hero, as they work with everything. Then you could get Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2 and Beatles Rock band and download anything you wanted.

Beatles rock band on wii is 15.99 most places too!! AND you get World Tour FREE with Guitar Hero 5 band kit

PS Abbey Road is amazing DLC. You get it welshy!?

JUST Beatles songs. And yes you can use the instruments on the other Rock Band games (but not guitar hero). GET IT though Dakota, its aweosme and want more people to play with, especially as Welsh doesn't play enough and tapdeck never plays...

I will say though, that unless you want the beatles instruments (would completely understand if you would, they look awesome) I would get the band kit for guitar hero, as they work with everything. Then you could get Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2 and Beatles Rock band and download anything you wanted.

Beatles rock band on wii is 15.99 most places too!! AND you get World Tour FREE with Guitar Hero 5 band kit

PS Abbey Road is amazing DLC. You get it welshy!?

Yep, I downloaded them all apart from Her Majesty and one other I couldn't afford last weekend. They are all great to play, especially the final medley, Maxwell Silver's Hammer and Oh Darling.

If you've downloaded them too, we should have play an Abbey Road eveing sometime soon.

Allready brought another points card for this months content too! :grin:

Oh, and David, buy the love!

Edited by welsh_gamer

Yeah i downloaded the lot. My favourite is Polythene Pam and She came in throught he bedroom window combo. Always been my favourite bridge between songs in music history and it's awesome to play.

One thing I am devastated about though, is that we can't play the whole B side in one. Really frustrating. The only time it really bothers is for Her majesty though, as after the end, you expect that final chord (from mean mr mustard) to strike and then kick in. But the flow is gone and the song is so short... very upsetting...

But anyways, awesome game. And revolver in a couple of weeks - wahoo!!!

What are the online options?

And whats the pricing like for DLC? And is it saved to system memory or SD?

Online is awesome actually. You're pretty much perpetually online. Can play story, quick match, online duals and score battles... tracks all yours and your friends high scores brilliantly. So much so after every song, or story chapter or whatever, it tells you how you did compared to your friend. DLC is about 200 points per song. 2 song packs are 350 (I think) and can save to harddrive or direct to SD, up to you. Streaming from SD is perfect too.

I don't understand your question. Can local players play online against someone else? If so then Yes.

Picked up the vaule edition today for 50 shmackers - HMV is the place.

Anyway, i'm loving it (although slightly disappointing its using WFC rather than EA Nation but hey, Jude, the rest of the package is super su-weet. A really special product. Excellent.

I got Rock Band 2 over Christmas, I prefer it to GH, it just feels more 'right' and looks better. The DLC is superb and the difficulty levels are more balanced. On GHWT the difference between easy and medium is huge, easy is too easy and medium is a nightmare on tougher songs. RB2 is very balanced and I slightly prefer the set list.