NEurope
Mokong

Is the Cube dissappearing anywhere else?

Here in Waterford (Ireland) the only game shop (Gamestop) had been deceasing the cube space dramaticlly now its totally gone, i asked my cousin in Dublin how things are up there and apparently none of the shops there are stocking cube anymore either not even Game?

The gamecube has a tiny space in both the stores I usually buy games at. I'm living in Norway. I think that it won't be long before it is gone. The ps2 is dominating, a lot. Even the DS doesn't match up to it at all.

In Cork, GameStop only sell second-hand GC games but both smyths and GAME still have decent selections of cube games. Arent there any other game shops in Waterford?

GAME in Lincoln have a really small space, that is sort of misplaced in the middle and took me a few minutes to find, where as GameStation do have a larger section, one for the new games and one for pre-ownded - yet I can foresee these getting smaller.

well i dont go to game shops much anymore cos of online shopping, but one of my frieds says that GC are selling for £35 at gamestation, in our town. must be trying to get rid of them. dont know why with smash football, Zelda pokemon are out or coming out.

I did say months and months ago that you wouldn't be able to find any cube games unless you shopped in Game, and even Game are re-thinking their stance on cube meterege.

Zelda: TP could be only available online from the looks of it, unless the N gets their next-gen console out around the same time!

Our Game has stopped the Cube, too little demand and too little space. Although oddly we got Mario Baseball in so theres hope that we get Zelda in.

in my area merry hill a big shopping centre have 3 GAME's in and they have 1 shelf storage space. The same with the ds and the gba :( but in gamestation they do a fair amount :)

I don't really bother with the shops anymore , although my last visit to Game and Gamestation in Milton Keynes was far from inspiring when looking for Cube stuff.

Blah here in Serbia there's only one shop with GCN games and every game(including the first-generetion ones...) is 50 euros.Holy s**t!And they usually have about 5 GCN games...

________

herbal vaporizers

Edited by MasterYoda

where i am (Victoria/Australia), i have found that places are still selling the gamecube stuff, but it tends to get put to the side.

there is only one major chain that i know of (BigW in Ballarat) that no longer sells gamecube stuff.

Electronics Boutique is still a big seller, as is Games Rush. i dont think that there will be any real problem (as has been mentioned by our Irish friends).

But the fact that there is no real advertising campaign over here is the only real concern.

but in saying that, i saw an advert for 'shadow the hedgehog' today. it was pretty crap to say the least, and it also had an XBox and PS3 label on it... but it was a ninty game nontheless!

even more interesting was the SonicRush ad that was tacked onto the end of the Shadow ad...

game had a brand new pn03 for £4.99 for sale.

i thought about it.

and i put it back, it looked like it was a dancemat game between the lines.

even at £5 i cant be bothered.

You can still buy a wide range of GC games online at Play.com but yeah it's going rather quickly from the highstreet; Curries are apparently selling it and Zelda for £24.99! With the Xbox being discounted to dump stock in light of the 360 (shortage induced) success it's no surprise the GC is suffering... :nono:

All the GAME's near me in London still have GC games for sale but they have been demoted to one or two tiny shelves in the middle of the store which no one see's unlike the PS2 and XBOX which get the shelf space all round the edges of hte store... its a shame really but meh business is business i guess.

Went to my local GAME today for the first time in ages. Some emo kid looking extremely limp wristed was at the counter aswell as a random assortment of geek stereo types. No sign of the Cube section. The PC shelves got shifted along to make way for 360. All that remained was preowned stuff but I was too upset to look. DS had an unfair tiny space too, only 2 shelves! Its a sad day when casual gamers have eradicated the only real games company from the shops. R.I.P Cube, I will make hand love to your corpse until your successor. Even then your games will be played, the spirit of the Cube lives on.

GAME are telling their stores they don't have to stock GC stuff if they need the space for the 360. My store has kept it though because with some of the more recent high profile releases GC sales have seen a significant rise...

Particularly good sellers in the past week or two have been GUN, Mario football and dancemat and shadow the hedgehog.

The good news in all this though is places like CEX will hopefully be flooded by people trying to get rid of their games/systems and the market will collapse for the GC. Cheap games for all!

Well heres a look at the shops that stock games in my town.

1. Game (Outside the center): Does not stock Gamecube games

2. Game (Inside the center) : Stocks Gamecube games, 1 shelf only.

3. Gamestation : Stocks Gamecube games, 2 shelfs and 2 shelfs for preowned.

4. Woolworths : Does not stock gamecube games.

And for the actual console, its pretty rare to find one, but are some around.

I don't really bother with the shops anymore , although my last visit to Game and Gamestation in Milton Keynes was far from inspiring when looking for Cube stuff.

Although this is true HMV had some pretty cheap clear out games awhile ago. I got soul calibur 2, Tony Hawks Underground 2 and Call of duty all for around 7 quid. Gamestation have alot more cube space than both of the game stores but I suppose I'm just biased because I get discount.