NEurope
killer kirby

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

Yeah the story isn't really the focus of the game, but it does at least keep you amused with dialogue and the like. Just done the 3rd dungeon and enjoying it, simple and fun :)

I think this game would have to be around £15 for me to buy it. It has kind of annoyed me in a way, in that a few friends that are a bit style over substance have ignored suggestions of really great games then went out and bought this. Including someone who doesn't really like Zelda (I told him it's practically a Zelda rip-off). He said he wanted an RPG, so I mentioned Fallout 3, and then he said he wanted it to be medieval fantasy genre...so I mentioned Oblivion. And he said no thanks.

And he hasn't touched this game much since buying it, funny that. :p

It's good fun and a true trip down memory lane. And you just gotta love the look and quirky humour of it. Great use of music too.

It's doesn't quite have that Nintendo-spark, but I can't bring myself to not recommend this, especially to old farts like myself who grew up with the original Zelda.

Spent quite some time fabricating myself from mere dots. It's shameful the endresult is actually better looking than the real deal...

I bought this recently and I'm yet to give it a good run for its money... but the few mins i played were an absolute delight! It's impossible not to giggle your head off and get sucked in, its the simplicity of it that makes it so brilliant... with that sweet, sweet retro flavour...

Kudos to them for making something so fresh that appeals to the inner kid in all of us :love:

Oh, and the Shark... that Shark hero just... kills me! xD

Just got this. OMG the noises!! It has 8-bit menu music! :D

Also, it looks stunning.

Also, downloaded Link from Zelda to play as. :p

Edit: Haha!! You get a fairy called Lee. :heh:

Edited by Daft

The references to Demon's Souls crack me up. Which is fairly ironic coz i'm biting my nails waiting for my copy of D'sS... But oh, dear lord, how i've been laughing with 3D! xD

Hotdamn, I should get back into this! I've played the first two temples, but was preoccupied for some time. Should give this a spin again this evening, together with Demon's Soul.

From Software is doing some great things lately. :p

Due to a huge backloggery of games, I recently started playing this. I completed it earlier today, and loved every minute of it. I really don't know why it was sat on my shelf for so long. I'm going to wait for the patch for my New Game+, as I need to keep my swords if I'm going to do the harder difficulty. Then there is 'spelunker' mode, which is basically every enemy can kill you in one hit! The game gets pretty tough towards the end, but spelunker mode is going to be insane.

With this and Demon's Souls, From Software are one of my favourite developers this generation. Absolutely can't wait for Dark Souls!

Keep seeing this thread plot up and everything reminds me I still need this game and indeed still want it.Looks amazing.