m83dr6.jpg

1zxkuhu.jpg

not5rt.jpg

kdl6x2.jpg

1iiutk.jpg

mvt1eh.jpg

2h8df13.jpg

mt2fsp.jpg

Someone posted this, they didn't give a source but thought I may aswell slam it on here while im on posting the pics.

Rumor has it that Atlus and Ignition are both bidding on this.

Seriously, this is what would happen if Zelda, Dragon Quest and the PS3 just had one big orgy.

More goodies from gaf.

4Gamer also shared some specifics on the game's basic combat system. You press circle to swing your sword, X to use your sub weapon (including, as detailed last week, a boomerang, bomb, and bow and arrow), and R1 to raise your shield. It's possible to make your character do a rotating slash as well. The game feels like a certain "Legend of something" game, according to the site.

There might be some worries that, given the game's looks, we'd end up with a short play experience. That doesn't seem to be the case. 4Gamer's report says to expect a 24 to 30 hour play experience to clear the game. However, with its item collection aspects, a hard difficulty mode, and a "secret character mode," the play time could top 60 hours.

15ydyqc.jpg

rrtuvs.jpg

20ijv9u.jpg

29vze2q.jpg

15cn6o1.jpg

The only worry is it might have too simple a combat system, like Fat Princess. But they must know what they're doing, they wouldn't make a 30 hour campaign and just make it a case of mashing square.

More new (I think) info;

From Software's 3D Dot Game Heroes is exciting not just because it's a ridiculous take on the Japanese RPG genre -- as it turns out, it's also customizable to similarly ridiculous degrees.

By default, you can choose your character from one of three archetypes: the Hero (son of the great legendary world saver, commissioned by the king to save the world, bla bla bla), the Prince (master swordsman and wise ruler of a small kingdom), or the Adventurer (a scholar and travel writer who literally uses his books as weapons against enemies).

If this isn't enough for you, though, you can create your own hero -- right from the ground up. A built-in editor lets you literally build your own guy out of pixels, using a 16x16x16 space and editing each of his animation motions. If you want to recreate yourself as a 3D Dot Game Hero, knock yourself out. Naked? Okay, but don't show us.

Further customization is available at the blacksmiths you'll find in the game's towns. These guys let you upgrade your weapon in seven different ways, from length and width to attack and stabbing strength. Extend these powers all the way, and when your life's full, you'll unleash a ridiculously huge sword, several dozen times the size of your own hero, and crush everything in front of you into tiny little pixels. It's too much.

3D Dot Game Heroes is due out early November for the PS3 in Japan.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175855

I wonder how many people will just make giant, veiny, walking, talking dicks.

I wonder how many people will just make giant, veiny, walking, talking dicks.

*Raises hand*

Scans

- 80% complete

- Main character editable (16 x 16 x16 blocks max)

- Weapon customixe (length, strength etc 7 options)

- special guest Spelunker, he can be controlled

91313viploader115594112.th.jpg91314viploader115594812.th.jpg

The overworld bits look awesome, but the dungeons look really ropey. For one, they have no roof.

Plus the characters sword doesn't seem attached to his hand in the octopus screens.

Still, I need this game now.

It looks great when it isn't out-of-focus.

Shame that it looks like a turn-based RPG.

Also, I'm sure they'll add some kind of skybox to the dungeons before it's finished.

Shame that it looks like a turn-based RPG.

HoT posted earlier,

4Gamer also shared some specifics on the game's basic combat system. You press circle to swing your sword, X to use your sub weapon (including, as detailed last week, a boomerang, bomb, and bow and arrow), and R1 to raise your shield. It's possible to make your character do a rotating slash as well. The game feels like a certain "Legend of something" game, according to the site.

It isn't often that I look forward to viewing the thread when Dante is the most recent poster, but for this game I look forward to his findings. (sorry Kigan)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371774

This page on Neogaf has a bunch of new pictures including an ice/snow sort of level and a dungeon with fire in it. The thing looks damn awesome. Along with this there is new music on the official website and info for the editor.

In fact you may as well go here:

http://www.3d-heroes.net/

Click the blue box button in the top right and you can see the images scroll, as the BG music plays (1 of 4 options at the bottom right)

Edited by dwarf

I think that while this looks interesting, people seem to be praising it purely for how it looks. I'm trying to ignore its original presentation style for a moment since I can imagine becoming accustomed to that after a few hours of playing the game (as I have before with other such games). From what I can tell, it seems it's going for a very traditional and simple approach which may or may not be a good thing. If it's like old school Zelda it could be good, but it would need a bit of complexity. I'll wait and see.

Since this borrows HEAVILY from early Zelda games, i hope its presented as a blatant parody and not as some kind of ground-breaking original. I still want it though!

A 3d Fucking link to the past?! DO want! Can anyone still continue to doubt this?! Before Ocarina, that was my fave game of all time. Heck it still maybe.