NEurope
killer kirby

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

thankyou From Software, thankyou thankyou so much for making a game that is now going to make me an official buyer and owner of the PS3. Your Demon Soul game gives me chills of a 3rd person Kings Field which is just an damn awesome thing. You're Armored Core series are just as addictive as they were when you first made the series.

But now you have done it, you have made a PS3 game that makes me think very little of any other crap on the PS3...

3D Dot Game Heroes.

This game screams old school, but at the same time brings out that awesome graphics that make it look so awesome in HD, words can not express my joy over this announcement and the pictures that had been shown.

lgbphp

30931px.jpg

2ivlkwi.jpg

18epw8.jpg

2ku2d.jpg

mlshsw.jpg

2hdzk48.jpg

mcpthi.jpg

zl5jm9.jpg

16bdq51.jpg

3D Dot Game Heroes official website

3D Dot Game Heroes is set in the Kingdom of Dotnia. This world was once made up of 2D sprite art like something out of an old school game. However, wanting to attract more people to the kingdom, the king decided to use technology to make everything 3D. This is where something goes horribly wrong, although just what that is has yet to be specified.

Despite the retro theme, the game does look impressive technically. It's being developed by Silicon Studio, a developer who worked with From on PSP's Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke, but who also does middle ware.

In line with the visual style, 3D Dot Game Heroes has some traditional RPG themes. The game's background story involves six magic orbs which were stolen by a demon of darkness, who was then defeated by a brave swordsman and sealed away using the combined power of the orbs. You play as the grandchild of that brave swordsman, and you're tasked with saving the world.

Source: IGN

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Wow. That actually looks amazing.

Only makes me laugh harder when Zechs says crap like,

This sounds great - and truly innovative as well. Just the kind of game that can flourish on the Wii but would never get made on an HD console.

Eat it.

Jesus this looks fantastic. Hope it does not have the frame rate issues of Armoured Core (seriously, it can grind to a halt). Can't complaing about demon souls apart from the insane difficulty but meh. It would lose it's charm if it did not have that.

And the PS3 needs more rpgs.

Wow. That actually looks amazing.

Only makes me laugh harder when Zechs says crap like,

Eat it.

Yes, that comment made me consider if he even knows what a PS3 is. As I said when he said that comment, there is stuff like flow, flower and Echochrome on the machine at the moment and more to come.

Holy shi... is this fo real? and exclusive? and destined to be mega-hax awesome by the reputation of the developer alone? if so then count me in! :)

I bought my PS3 for original and exclusive games that interest me and this definitely seems to fit the bill.

Jesus this looks fantastic. Hope it does not have the frame rate issues of Armoured Core (seriously, it can grind to a halt). Can't complaing about demon souls apart from the insane difficulty but meh. It would lose it's charm if it did not have that.

Well to me it really didn't have much problems (Armoured Core that is) And Demon Soul is expected since it's from the same people that made the Kings Field series and they have always made games hard and challenging. From Software also made Lost Kingdoms for the Gamecube, even though not the best RPG out there, it was still not a bad game in my eyes.

And the PS3 needs more rpgs.

They are :D original and 360 games that didn't last long exclusive xD

Well to me it really didn't have much problems (Armoured Core that is) And Demon Soul is expected since it's from the same people that made the Kings Field series and they have always made games hard and challenging. From Software also made Lost Kingdoms for the Gamecube, even though not the best RPG out there, it was still not a bad game in my eyes.

They are :D original and 360 games that didn't last long exclusive xD

I know but those rpgs i want aren't here yet.

And Amored Core for Answer has massive problems with frame rate when you fight the Mech Fortresses. When those explode, or you can see the whole thing, the game becomes damn near unplayable.

That looks fucking cool. RPG though? less cool. Could be room for a good spoof though.

Dammit...people need to stop making me really want a ps3. Can't afford one, dammit!

Hope it comes to Europe, or at least has an English translation out there like demon's Souls did in the end.

This looks simply stunning and with it being an RPG makes the deal even sweeter. Its nice to see some developers willing to take risks like this when it comes to retail games, can't wait to see some footage of it.

Im gonna need to see it in motion, but those stills look dynamite. Do want!

That looks fucking cool. RPG though? less cool. Could be room for a good spoof though.

Or a whole series! :o maybe Dot Dasher - a platformer or Dot Matrix - a sci-fi shooter or best of all... Dot Eater - a vertical bullet-hell schmup! :D

Personally I was glad that they decided to make it RPG like. If they give the game a massive adventure mode, kinda like Zelda, then this could be incredible. I love the look of it, I just want to know how the whole thing will actually play out.

I hope there's some good scripture behind it.

In a way it reminds me of Lemmings Paintball, don't know if anyone had this game but it was awesome, some of the later levels were brilliant.

Edited by dwarf

Some of the screens look like 3D fanart of zelda, its almost a rip off, like the chickens, the chest, those jumping things which I bet only have one eye, the stalfos and the magma monsters.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like the style. It looks really good and clean and smooth, but I don't really like it. It may be due to the the crazy ass camera angles.

@Shino, while I see what you mean, you missed the coffin in the first screen that is very reminiscent of Dragon Quest. Same with the main character too.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like the style. It looks really good and clean and smooth, but I don't really like it. It may be due to the the crazy ass camera angles.

@Shino, while I see what you mean, you missed the coffin in the first screen that is very reminiscent of Dragon Quest. Same with the main character too.

I agree with you, I wasn't criticising it, just found it curious. There's obvious influences from many 80s jRPGs.

Wow that looks amazingly beautiful. Games like this give me hope for this industry to survive.

Also, these kind of titles are why I'm really looking forward to getting a PS3.

Looks kinda cool, but can't help but feel alot of people on here are getting a little bit too excited over it::shrug:

Looks kinda cool, but can't help but feel alot of people on here are getting a little bit too excited over it::shrug:

Personally, i havent played a bad From Software game yet, or should i say, one that I did not like so I think im in the right frame of mind to be excited over this. Im sure if dante posted a list of what they had mad, i would have played most and loved all.

I think a lot people, including myself, getting super excited when a game comes round that is visually distinct. Especially, for me anyway, when it's visually distinct by turning down the more drawn out process of high realism. Often these titles then have more time spent on the gameplay - often which follows suit of the visuals and is unique.

I think a lot people, including myself, getting super excited when a game comes round that is visually distinct. Especially, for me anyway, when it's visually distinct by turning down the more drawn out process of high realism. Often these titles then have more time spent on the gameplay - often which follows suit of the visuals and is unique.

THIS. That is all.

I'm sorry, but I just don't like the style.

You're crazy! It's like lego on steroids, how can you not like that?

Lego Dragon Quest 1 :D

You're crazy! It's like lego on steroids, how can you not like that?

Looks like a lot of us are thinking along the same lines. I like the way its got a mix of clean visuals with a distinctive retro look. RPGs for me need to have a good sense of style. Graphics are key, as you will be looking at them for an awfully long time, but the style for me has to be consistent, and for lack of a better word, pretty. Hope you catch my drift.

If there's one thing I want from this it is scope though, big worlds filled with little lego-ey objects crammed with charm and detail. I haven't been so taken aback by a bunch of screeshots like this for a long time.

(by detail I mean attention to smaller objects etc)