NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Surround Sound System

Dont really know where to start. Willing to pay around £150-200 notes.

Maybe just wanting something small that I can use for console gaming/PS3 Blu Rays, not too fussed about having a ton of speakers as my room is quite small.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Logitech Z5500 for the PC - should work with consoles and DVD-Players as well though. It's pretty good but the subwoofer is huge and needs to stay about 60 cm away from other electrical stuff.

hmm, was looking for either a single unit or something smaller. Willing to pay a little extra to get an all-in-one unit. But not thousands obviously.

hmm, was looking for either a single unit or something smaller. Willing to pay a little extra to get an all-in-one unit. But not thousands obviously.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of surround sound?

THE ANSWER

YSP600B.JPG

I think you best getting something like a sound bar. I have no experiance of what these are like, but they basically imitate surround sound. Obviously, your not going to beat a 5.1 system.

£294 on amazon, I'm sure this was £1000 when it came out!

thanks Fex....pretty much what I was looking for. Will have a look at this in detail and shop around. Cheers.

Nothing compares to true surround sound, I'd say you'd be better off buying an affordable but reliable all in one package, of course it's better to buy the amp and speakers seperately but this costs more... definitely worth it though. :)

But for around the £300 mark you can still get something very good I'm sure that will last you a good while.

Sign in to follow this