NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Caffeine Fiends Unite!

I'm trying to cut downs, but whenever I need a drink at home it's pretty much the only thing I go for. Plus our kettle is amazing. I might record it boiling and you can marvel at it's horrible sound.

Haha i bet its one of those speed boil kettles, they do tend to be noisy bastards :heh:

My mother just loves putting the kettle on in the middle of neighbours >_____<

This thread makes me hungry with all your talk about breakfast and croissants and toasts and stuff ...

Anyway, I don't fancy tea very much, and I haven't yet learned to drink coffee. The taste is terrible. :heh: I do love hot cocoa with whipped cream (the only place in which whipped cream doesn't make me puke) ... except white chocolate cocoa, which I tried today. That's just sickening.

And Paj, I thinhk you have some issues. :heh:

Wtf? Of course it is :p ... that's nearly 1 an hour at the top end, and that's without taking into account that you'd need to sleep and you wouldn't be near a kettle all the time, lol.

I was making 2 and hour for some staff member at SCS :p So that's 18 during the working day.

I was making 2 and hour for some staff member at SCS :p So that's 18 during the working day.

Those people are clearly not normal...they're possibly aquatic. :p

Yeah they have issues.

Tea and Coffee are fine, but I only have 3 cups of anything during the day. Tops. One at breakfast, one in the afternoon and one after dinner with chocolate.

Yeah they have issues.

Tea and Coffee are fine, but I only have 3 cups of anything during the day. Tops. One at breakfast, one in the afternoon and one after dinner with chocolate.

Sounds like you're on about Slim Fast. Is the dinner a sensible meal?

Tea is the drink of gods. I like nothing more than waking up in the morning and having a cup of tea while studying the sport pages in the paper. It's my crack.

see, I gotta have coffee in the morning. Tea is alright but a good coffee wakes you up like a punch in the face.

see, I gotta have coffee in the morning. Tea is alright but a good coffee wakes you up like a punch in the face.

I will quite happily replace your coffee's job for you if you wish.

I'll help as well Ash seeing as he wants a punch and not a slight tap on the face...

I don't drink either! I get many an exhaling of disbelief from my lot at home but I just don't really like the taste (as of yet anyway), nor do I feel like staining the teeth just yet!

2 sisters are hooked now. Gutted.

Used to drink tea all the time but somehow I'm more on coffee nowadays. Think its cos my mum usually makes it for just me and her these days and doesn't make a pot of tea anymore, just makes it in the cup. Other people seem to do this too. :( What happened to tea pots?! Atleast with coffee you just stick a spoonful in and you're sorted.

On Friday I had like four cups of tea and four cups of coffee by the end of the day, no joke. Bit extreme that but the routine I find myself in usually means I have two coffees at most and just drink water the rest of the time. :hehe:

I'll help as well Ash seeing as he wants a punch and not a slight tap on the face...

I don't drink either! I get many an exhaling of disbelief from my lot at home but I just don't really like the taste (as of yet anyway), nor do I feel like staining the teeth just yet!

2 sisters are hooked now. Gutted.

He asked for a punch not crabs.

I drink tea a lot when at home, If I'm ever in town a white chocolate latte does it for me.

Damn, after reading this thread I feel like having a cappuccino... not that it's a bad thing of course, just don't drink them that often. :heh:

I love tea and coffee. Tea I drink it all the time whether its chai, earl grey, white, green, oolong or builders, its amazing. Though lapsang souchong tastes likes someone has pissed through a BBQ.

Coffee is awesome til my adrenal glands stop working. So then I tend to drink green tea again.

Im trying to grow some tea and coffee plants at the moment. Only 4 more years til I can brew my own :P

He asked for a punch not crabs.

I've never had crabs? You're the one with a facebook picture of crabs :p

Used to drink tea all the time but somehow I'm more on coffee nowadays. Think its cos my mum usually makes it for just me and her these days and doesn't make a pot of tea anymore, just makes it in the cup. Other people seem to do this too. :( What happened to tea pots?! Atleast with coffee you just stick a spoonful in and you're sorted.

I make tea in the cup. There's no point making a pot unless there's a shitload of people, otherwise you're being forced to drink quickly to make sure it's hot when you drink it. Otherwise it's a waste.

Coffee is awesome til my adrenal glands stop working. So then I tend to drink green tea again.

come again?

come again?

I used to drink so much coffee my kidneys hurt after a while. The rush you get comes from adrenaline from your adrenal glands. So I dont drink much now, green tea seems to solve all health related problems so I drink that instead. I reckon that why Japanese people live forever.

I've never had crabs? You're the one with a facebook picture of crabs :p

Shush before I give you crab!

Its psychological/an addiction. Starbucks (boo, hiss! (or possibly instant coffee back in the 70s)) tell us we need coffee in the morning to get going but look at me; freshly showered, caffeine free and very much awake :D

Really Dan, you should aspire to be more like me :heh:

Whilst enjoying my cup-o-tea last night at work, I got thinking. What is the optimum tea/coffee to milk ratio? I personally like really milky tea. I used to go for a 1:1 water to milk ratio, but I have recently been toning down the milk to 1:2, sacrificing milky goodness for the extra hotness the water brings. Any opinions?

I know some customers that only have one tiny pot of milk, which offers a puny ratio of 1:20 or something equally foolish. The heathens.