NEurope
Roostophe

Pookiablo's JSA Thread

I do like the idea of this one day a week thing, would've kept me a lot saner if it was available when I was on the dole and I would've definitely done it. Although it does bring problems in itself... don't all workers have to be insured in some way, if so who's gonna be paying for this? I can also see a major rise in work related "injuries", it's the perfect excuse for some of those who really have no intention of finding work to hurt themselves then not only get jobseekers, but disability allowance as well.

As long as such problems can be overcome then I think it's a good idea.

(but I still think that people who are currently on JSA should be able to spend it on whatever they like...)

:heh:

I doubt people would, its far far easier to get in touch with a dodgy doc and get them to sign you off work. Anybody who does injure themselves on purpose like that deserves to be injured (fatally) with a gun. That's sick. Who the fuck wants to damage their body like that >_____< Its not easy living life when your body doesn't function the way it should.. Would be a pretty nasty wake up call.

@ the spending on what you want - yeah well, I don't see anything wrong with getting a game or a CD, whatever. But blowing it all on something like that is ridiculous. We all need a little reprieve from the mundane existence that is known as life... Employed or not. But it is supposed to be used for mostly constructive things..

I'm sure that being on the dole is shit I'm not arguing with that at all. Just think about the ones who have mortgages and children to support, with whatever money they can scrape together.. I think some of you living at home on the dole aren't that badly off really. (and yes I work and live at home - i'm not trying to say that i have it hard before someone gets on my case)

I know if I was on dole, living with my parents, they would kick my fucking ass if I bought an ipod with my dole money.

But then what can I say, I'm claiming £1k+ off the government every month.::shrug:

(but I still think that people who are currently on JSA should be able to spend it on whatever they like...)

:heh:

Probably but making a point of it on a forum is just asking for trouble really.

I hate JSA, was on it for a couple of years, pissed me off to no end trying to find a job, applying and not getting anything, then they sent me on the dreaded 2 Week job finding course, did that about 3 times, but what they should do now if your not in work is do a Work placement thing, where they either put you into a job where there's a guaranteed job, probably something you'll despise to hell, or put you into a Voluntary scheme, I was putinto a Charity shop as I wanted retail. Was there for 3 months, then it finished, but I liked it, so I continued to Volunteer, helps CV's if you haven't got any previous experience, but I suggest iof you are bored while job searching pop into a Charity shop, they're always wanting people, plus they'll teach you some good stuff for later.

I doubt people would, its far far easier to get in touch with a dodgy doc and get them to sign you off work. Anybody who does injure themselves on purpose like that deserves to be injured (fatally) with a gun. That's sick. Who the fuck wants to damage their body like that >_____< Its not easy living life when your body doesn't function the way it should.. Would be a pretty nasty wake up call.

Ah, you misunderstand. I don't mean they would intentionally injure themselves, I mean they'll just use it as the excuse to fake some injury. Say they injured themselves whilst doing the work.

I hate JSA, was on it for a couple of years, pissed me off to no end trying to find a job, applying and not getting anything, then they sent me on the dreaded 2 Week job finding course, did that about 3 times, but what they should do now if your not in work is do a Work placement thing, where they either put you into a job where there's a guaranteed job, probably something you'll despise to hell, or put you into a Voluntary scheme, I was putinto a Charity shop as I wanted retail. Was there for 3 months, then it finished, but I liked it, so I continued to Volunteer, helps CV's if you haven't got any previous experience, but I suggest iof you are bored while job searching pop into a Charity shop, they're always wanting people, plus they'll teach you some good stuff for later.

^^^!

I have a friend who volunteers in a charity shop in between her normal job - and she loves it! Of course everyone else is 85+, but they adore her, and she's really friendly and knows how to use the till!

And a very good point - volunteering always looks good on your CV :)