NEurope
Roostophe

Pookiablo's JSA Thread

6581095x.jpg

iPod Nano 8GB. £105

That's all my Jobseeker's Allowance for this week gone in one go. But some people have spent it on worse: Heroin, Cocaine and a Bjork CD, for example. :blank:

6581095x.jpg

iPod Nano 8GB. £105

That's all my Jobseeker's Allowance for this week gone in one go. But some people have spent it on worse: Heroin, Cocaine and a Bjork CD, for example. :blank:

You disgust me with your ignorance.

*swirls cape and marches out of the room*

iPod Nano 8GB. £105

Isn't £105 over two weeks worth?

6581095x.jpg

iPod Nano 8GB. £105

lol - that is actually disgusting. There should surely be systems in place to stop JSA being spent on non-essentials or things unrelated to helping you get a job.

lol - that is actually disgusting. There should surely be systems in place to stop JSA being spent on non-essentials or things unrelated to helping you get a job.

Does make me feel a little disappointed in the system too tbh...

One way ticket 12th October = £600.01

A year in Sydney, fucking priceless

Amazing!! You must be really exited. Got any idea what you're going to do out there exactly?

lol - that is actually disgusting.

Agreed. It's also an embarrassment.

Villan, you disgusting, embarrassing fuck!

*readies pitchfork*

To be fair I spent some of my JSA money on a tattoo so I aint gonna judge...

Villan, you disgusting, embarrassing fuck!

*readies pitchfork*

C'mon. What's wrong with a little luxury? You think I LIKE being on the dole? Do I fuck! It's a miserable, patronising experience that makes any good person (and me) want to find a job as quickly as possible and GTFO of there and start earning money.

I wasn't going to buy an iPod until I actually had a job. But, y'know, fuck it. I don't care. I just tell myself that my JSA comes from Birmingham City supporters and people who voted for the BNP and I feel completely alright about it.

Edited by Roostophe

It's not really meant to help you get a job, it's meant to be used to survive while you're looking for one.

Edited by Ashley
purchases snip

It's not really meant to help you get a job, it's meant to be used to survive while you're looking for one.

Exactly...survive. We all survived before iPods were made. ;)

Exactly...survive. We all survived before iPods were made. ;)

One of the reasons why I did get on the dole was because I needed to start giving my parents housekeeping money.

If I didn't give them that cash every 2 weeks, they'd kill me.

While it is against the system I think I would do the same in the Villans position.

You all would. Unless you actually had a family to look after rather than just yourself. :awesome:

Being on the dole is shit. And shit like an iPod makes you feel a little bit better about it. £50 a week is a lot when it comes to merely going out looking for a job and, for me, the only costly thing about looking for a job is the bus fair. That's not going to cost me £50 a week now, is it?. So all o' y'all can shut yer noises and tell me what you bought with the money you earned from your job. So you can take comfort that you actually got a job and not stuck on the dole like me and the other poor bastards (and Dan Dare). Ca-bloody-piche?

Edited by Roostophe

So spending money that you're getting because you can't get a job on something you would spend the money on if you had a job is a bad thing?

People just complain about everything don't they...

You all would. Unless you actually had a family to look after rather than just yourself. :awesome:

Being on the dole is shit. And shit like an iPod makes you feel a little bit better about it. £50 a week is a lot when it comes to merely going out looking for a job and, for me, the only costly thing about looking for a job is the bus fair. That's not going to cost me £50 a week now, is it?. So all o' y'all can shut yer noises and tell me what you bought with the money you earned from your job. So you can take comfort that you actually got a job and not stuck on the dole like me and the other poor bastards (and Dan Dare). Ca-bloody-piche?

I pretty much agree with this but I don't trust my own argument so I think both me and the Villan are wrong. Oh what a post-modern nightmare.

Edited by Ashley
purchases snip

Villian you asked for a reaction when you said ''I used my JSA'', you could have just said ''I bought an iPod''. It doesn't sit right with people that you're spending taxpayers money on buying an iPod; I really don't think you have justification to moan about people reacting.

Also bringing up Bjork is actually ridiculous. Really unfair, and uninformed. Asking for a reaction, and you deserve everything that came your way.

Villian you asked for a reaction when you said ''I used my JSA'', you could have just said ''I bought an iPod''. It doesn't sit right with people that you're spending taxpayers money on buying an iPod; I really don't think you have justification to moan about people reacting.

I just realised I pay emergency tax which I hate. So I have basically brought Villan his Ipod in like a month.

Screw it I would have still did what he did haha

Also bringing up Bjork is actually ridiculous. Really unfair, and uninformed. Asking for a reaction, and you deserve everything that came your way.

I don't know the Bjork reference, I'm assuming it's an in-joke. Regardless, lighten the fuck up.

So he's on JSA? Big deal, so are a lot of people, and I bet a lot of them are spending it on things they don't need. JSA is rightfully his and when he does get a job he'll pay it back with the tax he'll be paying for the rest of his life, so he can spend it on whatever the fuck he fucking wants.

Disgusting, lol.

Fuck off.