NEurope

gawd dammit, i always miss this by a few days lol

msn me you wont miss the next one ask Flinky I was hassling that loser a month in advance!

Not surprised by the draw. Some players had very low form. Never did any form training during the off-season.

Very pleased with an away draw against a competent manager. It's interesting to see how the team plays and who plays well. As the season goes on, form will stabilise and team work will get better so the team will only get better.

Haden, I did sell some young players to get old ones but only so that my team was balanced. I like to have a nice spread of age and a lot of young players is bad for the team, as is a lot of old ones. Villan's midfield is in dire trouble as far as I can see. Maybe not this season, but in a few seasons time retirements will hit hard.

haha merked :awesome: Happenstance will beat me though.

We used to have quite a good rivalry going in the early days of the league aswell if I remember right

Very pleased with an away draw against a competent manager. It's interesting to see how the team plays and who plays well. As the season goes on, form will stabilise and team work will get better so the team will only get better.

Haden, I did sell some young players to get old ones but only so that my team was balanced. I like to have a nice spread of age and a lot of young players is bad for the team, as is a lot of old ones. Villan's midfield is in dire trouble as far as I can see. Maybe not this season, but in a few seasons time retirements will hit hard.

What do you think of my team? I like to have old classics 28-30 holding players 24-25 and young stars 18-21 in all positions? That sound good?

What do you think of my team? I like to have old classics 28-30 holding players 24-25 and young stars 18-21 in all positions? That sound good?

Looks decent. I would get rid of Luigi Federico and buy a really good youth midfielder. Your keeper situation is a bit dire. Forwards and defense looking good.

When the team gets to your stage you should start developing really well. Never let a youth get to the end of the season without 100% experience, and train all youth on a form of 14 or lower. Given an 18 4 youth (costs very little on the transfer market - don't just wait for them from your youth system) you should aim for a 23 8 then a 25 9 and a 12 by the time they're 30. A 17 4 should result in that too but a year sooner.

Villan's midfield is in dire trouble as far as I can see. Maybe not this season, but in a few seasons time retirements will hit hard.

:heh: Don't worry about that. I'm on it.

I am on summer break from school so have an obsence amount of free time. And being the loser I am about xpert thought it would be fun to have MOTD style post summarising what happened for people to glance over quickly. Bit rough at the moment but what are you going to do. Anyway enjoy the first episode of MOTD xpert style!

premier-league-badge.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Roostophe Rovers 2-2 Cube FC

The strongest team in N Europe met the yo yo team Cube FC at home in the opening match of the season. Things started off well for Roostophe with star player Kurt Monington setting up a well crafted goal. However a shock looked on the cards after Cube FC drew level then after a cooly executed penalty went ahead! Blushes were saved in the 72nd minute but this will not have been the start Villans sqaud of legends would have wanted.

Emo Blades 0-1 Essex Elite

Emo Blades manager J7 singled out Essex Elite as a team he needed to beat to survive this season on this form survival may be in question. It was the first meeting between the two clubs and was a cagey affair with only 1 chance for either team. However Essex Elite's striker Carpenter struck in the 80 minute to give Essex Elite a crucial win to start the season with and Emo Blades some thinking to do.

Secret United 4-0 Rez Rabies

Secret United had never beaten Rez Rabies a team that is notoriously hard to score against before this day. However today they earned a superb victory that propelled them to the top of the league. Secret United dominated play with 61% of possession and went after Rez from the get go scoring after 18 minutes, Rafaelinho was particularly devastating scoring twice to show that the Division 1 champion is more than ready for the top league.

Dysonism F.C. 5-2 Sixty-Fourthers

Dysonism F.C. were lucky to avoid relegation last season escaping on a technicality while Sixty Fourthers had one of their best seasons in the clubs history. This seem to be reflected in the 49th minute as Collins drove in a thunderous goal giving the 64s a 2-1 lead. However Dysonism who have traditionally been one of the best attacking teams in the league scored an incredible 4 goals in ten minutes causing mayhem in 64s bewildered defence. Every one of Dyson's midfielders scored proving the team may be coming back to their best.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Has to be Essex Elite beating Emo away, this shows that Essex Elite are ready to prove their worth and puts Emo in trouble already.

Turned on the Style Award: Obviously Dyson, 4 goals in 10 minutes? Superb.

Player of the Day: While Xpert 11 may say differently NE report says Dyson's Patrick Twigg for the creativity he inspired to turn a whole game around, helping assist the 2nd and 4th goal.

Thats it folks tune in soon for what is happening in the other leagues!

Edited by Haden

Nicely done Haden, it would of course be the first season I drop out of the top league that someone starts doing this though! :p

Nicely done Haden, it would of course be the first season I drop out of the top league that someone starts doing this though! :p

Dw lower leagues are incoming ;)

Btw heads up guys.

I would like to conduct very short interviews with members of the leagues to be put in the next edition of the report. It will be literally like 2 questions I will PM you for your opinions and witty responses. If you are interested PM me!

I will stagger the interviews across multiple editions if I get to many.

Edited by Haden

A solid opening day 5-0 victory away against Mike Strikes. very happy :)

Was a strange result against Jay! A low chance game. And several bookings considering it was against a very lax ref!

At least thats 3 points. I think I'm relegation material personally. We shall see!

Good work Haden :)

A good result for me.

Oddy, would you mind looking at my team? My newer batch of players seem to be shaping up nicely (up until a few seasons ago, my training was terrible). I could probably chuck Derek Parton (Forward, 34, 5-skill) and Rowan Nixon (Defender, 36, 5-skill) out and find a young defender. It's just hard to sack club legends. Especially when one of them gets you a draw. I'd just like your opinion on it.

And I do know that my team currently does look the weakest in the top league.

A good result for me.

Oddy, would you mind looking at my team? My newer batch of players seem to be shaping up nicely (up until a few seasons ago, my training was terrible). I could probably chuck Derek Parton (Forward, 34, 5-skill) and Rowan Nixon (Defender, 36, 5-skill) out and find a young defender. It's just hard to sack club legends. Especially when one of them gets you a draw. I'd just like your opinion on it.

And I do know that my team currently does look the weakest in the top league.

You have too many forwards and too few defenders. Ideally you'd get rid of Rowan Nixona and replace him with a decent 29 year old defender. As you say, Parton is surplus to requirements.

Ideally, everyone should employ a revolving door system where as players get old (33+) you try to sell them. At that point you bring in a new youth. You should try to have a similar number of years between players in each part of your team to keep the age balanced.

Goalkeepers: Gaps of 6-7 years. Try to sell at 32.

Defenders: Gaps of 2-3 years. Try to sell at 33.

Midfielders: Gaps of 2-3 years. Try to sell at 33.

Forwards: Gaps of 3-5 years. Try to sell at 33.

Some players won't leave the club, and that's okay - it just means you have a high skilled player for longer. But when they do sell invest that econ in a decent youth (17 4 with skills? 18 4 with skills?).

0,,10794~3737451,00.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Made of Win 1-2 Noodle FC

Veteran and newly promoted Noodle faced a tough first fixture away to mid table finishers Made of Win. After 20 minutes the contest was 1-1 but Noodle showed his tactical knowledge and Noodle FC began to dominate possession. Eventually the pressure was to much and the breakthrough came at 85 minutes, Noodle's star midfielder Ferraz shot in the winner from a corner. Giving Noodle a great start to the season.

Party at Richters 4-1 Edd Kirby Athletic

Events did not turn out as good for Edd Kirby Athletic another promoted team who faced Party at Richters away. Party chose a 3-4-3 formation showing intent to score plenty of goals and they delivered. Holding on to the ball and creating 16 chances Party were supreme and Edd could only hold out for so long. Party's captian Eaves was excellent setting up 3 of Party's 4 goals. Edd's captain Whitbread on the other hand suffered a serious injury and the team missed his presence. Along with this injury 3 yellow cards were issued but the players calmed down before events got to ugly and Party at Richters moved to the top of the league.

Silverdale FC 1-2 Tin Can Club

Silverdale are the last of the clubs to have been promoted to play and were in fact the champions of Division 1 last season. Tin Can Club after narrowly avoiding relegation last season were keen to notch up a victory. The game was an entertaining affair with chances on either side and both teams playing a well balanced 4-4-2. However Carlehom showed his worth and shot a great goal to round off a fince performance and give Tin Can Club an important away win.

Madog United 1-3 Happenstance FC

Happenstance FC the first ever NE champs have been a club on the decline in recent seasons. However the manager seems to have started a new era with a positive attitude with a great victory against Madog United. The game wasn't all smooth sailing though, the match was a tempestuous one with 4 yellow cards 2 injuries as well as a penalty for Madog United. Through all of this carnage Happenstance FC emerged as the stronger team. Madog simply lacked any punch playing 4-5-1 with their sole striker Naranjo isolated time and time again. Madogs midfield also failed to perform despite the numbers with Wimbeldon producing a particularly bad display. Happenstance will be happy with the win and bookies are already backing them to win the title.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Made of Win 1-2 Noodle FC, a great victory for newly promoted Noodle away victories will be crucial for the clubs campaign and with the other two promoted clubs slipping the victory is doubly important.

Turned on the Style Award: Party at Richters, 16 chances shows a driving creative spirit that was missing from the club in previous seasons, a terrifying display of attacking football.

Player of the Day: Party at Richters C Eaves, was an inspiration to his team creating 3 chances and helping the team dominate possession.

football%20league%201.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Mcoys Sons 1-1 Battlestar Odwinica

The most interesting match in Division 1 was surely this one. Mcoys Sons widely seen as one of the best teams in the league faced off against new team Battlestar Odwinica headed by none other than multiple championship winner Oddy. Both teams tried different tactics Mcoy choosing 4-3-3 and going after Oddy while Oddy chose 4-4-2 and attempted to dominate possession. In the end both tactics canceled each other out, Oddy had 56% of possession but Mcoys attacking play looked more threating. A 1-1 draw was a fair result for two teams that surely have a bright future.

Jaffa Munchers 6-0 The Adorable Vikings

Sadly Division 1 suffers from managers who don't turn up. This was such a game Jaffa Munchers facing no tactics or organization ran riot over the Vikings creating 10 chances and almost every single player contributed to or scored a goal. The Vikings were abysmal giving one of the worst performances seen in Xpert history, they desperately need a manager or their old one to come back.

Mike Strikes FC 0-5 DuD Baggies

Sadly Mike Strikes is yet another team with a manager that did not turn up. Dud Baggies enjoyed a devastating victory in the absence of any strategies being set for Mike Strikes. Mike Strikes players tried to make up for their lack of a manager by fouling Baggies players lightly injuring Standen and earning themselves 3 yellow cards in the process. Baggies player Shelton was an inspiration and scored the first hat-trick of the season, overall a great victory for the Baggies against a desperate Mike Strikes.

Tellyns Heroes 0-3 Complete Domstercool

Complete Domstercool has long been regarded as one of the strangest teams in Xpert. The team has 10 midfielders and seems to disregard normal pratices of management. They have been to the heights of the Premier League and to the depths of Division 1. However they scored a great victory against fellow veteran Tellyn today using their key strength their epically large midfield, by playing 4-5-1 and creating 12 chances and converting 3. Whether this strategy will work against better teams only time will tell.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Mcoys Sons 1-1 Battlestar Odwinica, these two teams seem favourites to do well this season and this match was crucial to see which one would have an advantage in that race as it stands we still don't know

Turned on the Style Award: Jaffa Munchers, having nearly every player score or assist a goal is quite some feat a really stylish style of total football from Jaffa Munchers

Player of the Day: M Shelton from Duds Baggies, first hat-trick of the season in any league a great day for Shelton!

Thats it fol...

Wait I forgot we have our first interview with none other than the legend himself Mr Odwin!

Why the shock retirement from your old club?

I did what I set out to do. Winning the league five seasons on the trot shows that my team was the best of the best and there was nowhere else to take it. I was just going to get better and better because I was winning and getting the prize money to invest in new players and lots of training. It was a vicious cycle of win and I wanted a new challenge.

Who do you see as your rivals in the league?

Mcoys Sons and Complete Domstercool. Mcoy seems to be hungry for promotion and knows how to work the game. Complete Domstercool has 10 midfielders - that's mental. How can you compete against someone that's mental? I'll never know what he's going to do.

Promotion in one season?

It's not our goal. We want some strong developing this season, maybe a double jump or two in the change report. I've brought in a lot of new talent and I want the boys to learn how to play together, get their hearts, that sort of thing. Next season we'll go for promotion big style, but it may happen this time anyway.

A nice bit of insight there from Mr Odwin. Remember if you want to be interviewed about any subject (relating to xpert of course!) PM me and you will be featured on this hallowed show!

Thats a wrap see you on Friday for another round of the NE Xpert report.

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Mcoys comments for todays match are posotive, Mcoy is sure him and Mr Odwin were very tense for this game and a 1 - 1 draw will leave both manager happy. Mcoy regards Jaffa Munchers as a threat after losing twice to him last season.

Mcoy is happy to grab a 1 - 1 draw against the legendary Odwin for his first season. Mcoys youth system has hit over drive but will Mcoy have the funds to keep them all in shape?

Comfortable win with my xpert league team. 1-0 but they had no chances.

Thats 2 games, 0 chances. All of my games, 0 losses!

going well, I am now contending for first place which is a surprise. Currently I'm third, 2 points behind 2nd place and 3 points behind 1st. Could be close since I'm playing the current first placed team in my next game!

My xpert team lost 4-1 against a team with much better players. I think I annoyed him last game (we drew) as he went all-out offensive and bruising.

Ah, lucky. I placed a bid on a player but I changed my mind on wanting him shortly afterwards, and I've just been outbidded. :)

FYI, Haden enquired about buying Brobeck off me. I told him that I am prepared to sell him but for no less than 8 million. This figure may change, though, so I'm open to haggling.