NEurope

Welcome one and all to the tenth season of the legendary forum game Xpert Eleven. Those of you that have played before need no introduction to the sexiness of the game and I look forward to thrashing you all individually as your new league admin.

For those of you uninitiated in the ways of Xpert, it's quite simply a football management game with a focus on coaching. Yes, I did read that from the title bar of the xperteleven.com website, but there we go.

We're looking for new players, and you have until the end of this week to sign up for the season! If you're interested, register here: http://xperteleven.com/. Once registered, our league ID number is 120161. Join up and I'll approve your team.

If you need help with the game and have no idea what to do feel free to ask in this thread. We may be a bunch of hardened veterans in here but that don't mean we ain't friendly.

And for the record books, here's our season winners..

Season 1 Winner: Happenstance

Season 2 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 3 Winner: Charlie

Season 4 Wanger: Haden

Season 5 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 6 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 7 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 8 Winner: Mr_Odwin

Season 9 Winner: Mr_Odwin (Started a new team at the end of the season)

As you can see Mr_Odwin has been somewhat dominating over the past 5 seasons. Luckily, this is about to change as the guy has decided that he is done destroying us each season and has started with a brand new team in the lower league - so now is the best time to sign up and potentially beat the man, the legend, the Odders.

Good luck everyone. And for the record, my predictions for this season:

Aficionados: Sixty Forthers

Regulars: Happenstance FC

New Members: Mcoys Sons

Mcoy approves of this thread, Mcoy will be more then happy to teach some of the newer players the ropes of the game. Mcoy hopes that some of you will give this game a go, Mcoy did and he enjoyed it.

Nice one on the thread how long before the new season? Recruitment and a AWOL list are the priority.

I see your still shedding bitter tears about the fact that I achieved more success in season 4 than you've had in a lifetime baby! :p

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Woop new thread.

Hopefully this season I'll be able to actually advance :V

I see your still shedding bitter tears about the fact that I achieved more success in season 4 than you've had in a lifetime baby! :p

It's a nice continuation of the season 9 opening post. :heh:

Seems to me that, minus Coolness, we could have a full league of 9-9-8 (lower league teams wouldn't have any game days off). Everyone else has been on in the last week or so.

With me leaving the top league is Dyson safe? I think so but I am not sure.

It's a nice continuation of the season 9 opening post. :heh:

Seems to me that, minus Coolness, we could have a full league of 9-9-8 (lower league teams wouldn't have any game days off). Everyone else has been on in the last week or so.

With me leaving the top league is Dyson safe? I think so but I am not sure.

Insults make xpert even funner, speaking of which I have to get a few anti scottish insults ready for Moria.

Im trying to get Flinky to sign up so if you have him on msn harras.. I mean tell him how good xpert is. Anyone else got any other targets?

Anyone know when J7 is getting the net back?

Edited by Haden

I'm alive, just missed a few games as I had a lot of my mind and forgot to check the website. Basically some idiot a few weeks ago jumped a red light, hit my car and drove off and he has no insurance!

Happenstance United drew 1-1 today, knocked me back down into second place unfortunately.

I won 3-1 opponent was mental 4 yellow cards and a red lol.

Looks like you and Villan are still set to do very well. Im just pleased to be moving firmly into mid table.

As Haden has linked me here I presume its still okay to join...?

But first, what the fuck is all this about? Is it like Footballer Manager/those fantasy football league things? Because as "fun and not-football" as it apparently is (according to Jayseven) those things have never been particularly thrilling for me.

So fill me in.

You're given a team full of players at the beginning, and you have to manage them for the matches. You have to select the starting eleven and five subs. The tactics, such as formation, attacking and defending strategy, that sort. You'll also need to buy form training to up the player's forms and make them better. You must also buy and sell players for more money. Get rid of the crap players (the ones with a low skill bar) and bring in better players. You also get youth players who you have to develop and turn them into regular players in your line-up, or sell them for a quick bit of cash if they're good enough.

Don't be too worried if you don't understand it too much. Just spend the first season getting used to it, just seeing what it's all about and that, and whenever you're ready and used to it all, begin making a successful team.

Mcoy has a friendly against the honourable Dyson tomorrow. Mcoy will bring some crazy tactics to the table and see how they play out against a top side :)

Got myself a nice new striker today, hopefully that will help me get back to my best and come straight back up to the top league.

As Haden has linked me here I presume its still okay to join...?

But first, what the fuck is all this about? Is it like Footballer Manager/those fantasy football league things? Because as "fun and not-football" as it apparently is (according to Jayseven) those things have never been particularly thrilling for me.

So fill me in.

You've got less than 24 hours to join :heh:

You're given a team full of players at the beginning, and you have to manage them for the matches. You have to select the starting eleven and five subs. The tactics, such as formation, attacking and defending strategy, that sort. You'll also need to buy form training to up the player's forms and make them better. You must also buy and sell players for more money. Get rid of the crap players (the ones with a low skill bar) and bring in better players. You also get youth players who you have to develop and turn them into regular players in your line-up, or sell them for a quick bit of cash if they're good enough.

Don't be too worried if you don't understand it too much. Just spend the first season getting used to it, just seeing what it's all about and that, and whenever you're ready and used to it all, begin making a successful team.

Yeah sounds like shit to me personally but thanks for the explanation :)

Anyone else want a friendly tomorrow? :heh:

Nyeeh, go bollocks, you Celtic-supporting arsehole! Celtic are shit!

Wait...*looks at shirt he's wearing.*... :woops:

Mcoy was suprised to see Battlestar Odwinica cashing in all his players.

Mcoy wonders if he's having a squad reform or going for a fresh youth build?

Mcoy was suprised to see Battlestar Odwinica cashing in all his players.

Mcoy wonders if he's having a squad reform or going for a fresh youth build?

It's a mixture. I have a long term plan in mind and they just don't fit at the moment.

Getting my net back on the 20th, but will be away 'til the 24th. My change report was +6, -1, but only had three or four visible changes. This season's going to be even more of a struggle than the last! I feel little hope :P

Great result for me today, shame about the score.... Can't make many jokes about this one unfortunately.

Got a friendly lined up with Ell. Pretty sure I'm going to lose, thanks to dyson dirty-tricking me. And he complained that he got a bunch of yellow cards? He was bruising me! Mofo.