NEurope
Dante

Activision CEO could “raise prices even further”

From MCVUK

Activision CEO admits that if it were left to him trade price hikes would have been higher

With retail and consumers alike still getting to grips with the prospect of shelling out £54.99 for November’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has admitted that he would like to push prices even higher.

When asked about the controversial subject as part of Activision’s post-financial investor call, president Michael Griffith stated: “We’ve had for all of our launch titles in the back half of this year, some of which contain peripherals, very strong retailer acceptance and support for all parts of our plan including our price points.”

sidewaysbobbyexcited.jpg

At which point Kotick added: “You know if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further.”

The CEO also went on to state that he believes there is a public appetite for Activision’s upcoming premium priced game SKUs such as the COD: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Pack:

“As far as the premium priced product, you know, collector’s editions and things like that, I’d say we’re seeing probably more interest than we have in the past on the collector’s editions, so that’s a pretty good indication of the interest in these franchises.”

Is he just trying to piss people off at this point? $100 for a non special edition game is ridiculous. Yet he wants to go higher?!? I feel sorry for the people who want MW2 that badly that they're prepared to pay this much for just the standard edition.

So basically what this guy is trying to say is...

2lc8mtc.jpg

"Hey Sony! Lower your god damn prices, how are people supposed to be able to afford their hobby at a time like this with such ridiculous prices!"

"I know, let's up our prices!"

So basically what this guy is trying to say is...

Someone needs to make a flash game where you do punch him repeatedly. Or better yet, beat him over the head with a Guitar Hero controller with a broken strum bar switch.

Why would I pay £55 for a rushed out game of a big summer CGI film?

He looks like Christopher Walken.....is Christopher Walken looked like a pedophile.

He can hike it up as much as he wants no one's forcing us to buy it. At the end of the day they always drop £20 or so a month later anyway.

He can hike it up as much as he wants no one's forcing us to buy it. At the end of the day they always drop £20 or so a month later anyway.

In almost every case yes, but not this one.

My sentiment still stands. I will not be buying Modern Warfare 2.

...and for that reason, I'm going to have to say I'm out.

That's fine. I hate Activision to the point where I won't buy their games no matter what they are.

If I buy any Activision games for the next while, they will be 2nd hand.

Activision have confirmed the price of MW2 in Canada will be up there with the Euro price. There's absolutely no way I'm buying it until a price drop now, and used at that.

Edited by Emasher

Thas cool.

I'll just wait a few weeks/months cos it hasn't sold then get it much cheaper.

It's not like it's gonna go anywhere so I have to buy it straight away.

This is what Bobby Kotick earned last year.

kotickmoney.jpg

Wow, how is that relevant? Of course he's going to get paid a bomb, he is head of a major corporation.

i think hes a twat. its like getting charged more to see a movie at the cinema because its expected to be successfull.

i can see modern warfare 2 being worth the price, but i hardly think thats a justifacation. just because a games good we should pay more? no. its bullshit. activision are a bunch of cunts for doing it, i honestly hope they go bust. how the fuck can he call for a PS3 price drop when he over charges for a game? hes a hypocritical piss ant.

i dont want to support activision, i just wish more people would be up for a boycot of modernwarfare 2.

Wow, how is that relevant? Of course he's going to get paid a bomb, he is head of a major corporation.

It's extremely relevant, the man is advocating raising prices in light of the failing economy, while he is making 15 million a year. Maybe if the rich weren't greedy he could take a hit to his paycheck (is 15mil really necessary for anyone) to allow for prices to stay at the standard. Of course, prices staying at the standard the games would still turn a profit, right now this is the rich advocating price gouging to get richer.

The rich get richer while the poor get poorer.