NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fatnickc

Nintendo Europe under construction

It's official - the European Nintendo sites are being 'technically modified'.

[Hello Nintendo Fans]

No need to panic, we'll be back soon!

Our website won't be available for a couple of hours, as we're currently arranging some technical modifications.

We would like to ask you for your understanding at this time; we're looking forward to welcoming you back to the site shortly, when we'll be able to provide you with all the latest news about the world of Nintendo.

See you soon!

http://www.nintendo-europe.com

Um... it could just be ironing out bugs, or updating hardware? Might not be a rehaul or anything....

I'm not getting that message anymore - now I'm getting an 'Internal Server Error'. I wonder what's going on..

You have to go through the root domain, not to seperate sites. I'm not expecting anything big (they said before the site was upgrading when it became the one we have today), but maybe adding Wi-Fi stuff to accounts.

This just means the site will reapear later with nothing new to look at.. why cant they just sort out nintendowifi.co.uk !?!?!

what the hell do i do with the stupid points i have got.

i dont want stupid wallpaper for my pc

You can use the points for free games from time to time - I could've bought a couple of games over the last year or so but got all clingy and didn't want to waste my points. They're mostly titles like Pokemon, Mario and Donkey Konga that become available.

Every so often you might be lucky enough to get something more interesting than a game, too. I got a Mario GameCube controller through the post last week, which I'd bought from the stars catalogue. I probably won't use it until I get my next GC game (at Christmas), but it looks nice next to my GameCube anyway. ;)

I hope they're:

• Sorting out Nintendowifi.co.uk
  • Updating the stars catalogue

They are probably doing f*** all though.

Remember when Nintendo redid the stars catalogue and had a big fancy countdown? I do.

The countdown finally got down to 0, and.... they just had the under construction page for weeks, just without the countdown...

they could possibly changing the look of the site like nintendo.com did, maybe theyre just getting the old look of nintendo.com and using it.

or hopefully, but not there doing something with both the wifi site and this so somehow theyre conected together.

*thought*

maybe theyre trying to get them to link together, so in the future when we want to buy a retro game say from NES, we go on wifi site choose it it links to the old site and maybe it takes stars away from your account. meh now that i think of it crap idea.

They are probably just ugprading stuff behind the scenes, possibly a server upgrade.

The site isn't even available anymore and it's 'currently not available' i think something big is happening :).

I just got access to it before and nothing has changed. Im on loading it again just to make sure its up and running. Its taking a while though.

EDIT: Nope I cant get back on it.

nah the sites workign fine now like. Nay difference or nowt though.

They did this a few months ago, what possible technical problems are they having? Its always working for me, its always full of crap. GET RID OF THE CRAP, DONT FIX SOMETHING THAT WORKS FINE.

They did this a few months ago, what possible technical problems are they having? Its always working for me, its always full of crap. GET RID OF THE CRAP, DONT FIX SOMETHING THAT WORKS FINE.

Not neccesarily problems, as JonSt said, upgrades and maintenance, its a massive site. If they don't keep it maintained it will be broken

Not neccesarily problems, as JonSt said, upgrades and maintenance, its a massive site. If they don't keep it maintained it will be broken

Its broken any way, well atleast the workers, come on nintendo, dont let websites inform us about you, atleast let some news come from yourself out of events!

Any ways, their work should be focussed on the WiFi site, i swear america had it more than 2 weeks in advance to their mario kart release. The FAQ is vital to newcomers, but then again nearly every ones having problems with hotspots so their most probably waiting for them to fix before they know what problems can occur.

Interestingly though, the original note said “we’re currently arranging some technical modifications. †- and with the laziness of them, I wouldn’t put it past them to just be ARRANGING them, and not actually doing any.

Pity that it seems it must have just been cleaning up and general maintinance, and not the hoped for and promised by the guy from NOE features of VIP24:7 accounts being intergrated with Wi-Fi codes, which is currently done on the US one.

Hey, isn’t that Wi-Fi EU site a LITTLE overdue?

I think its actually running much faster now and hopefully when they update the stars catalogue more than 2 people will be able to get on at once.

And it's down again!

After a few hours of saying that the allotted traffic had been reached, and something about a Dynamo server, Nintendo have put up the 'Under Construction' page.

Perhaps now that they've arranged the modifications they could do something..

Sign in to follow this