NEurope
Dyson

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13451

The blockbuster smash Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare finally receives a Wii release! Read on for more details...

In the same week that Activision announced a DS version of Modern Warfare 2 was to be released coinciding with the console release of the game, the publisher announced today that the game's prequel, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is to receive a Wii port in the form of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that also falls on the same release date as Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare: Mobilized.

Interestingly enough, the game is to be ported not by Infinity Ward, the original creators of Call of Duty 4 but instead Treyarch - the developers of Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World at War, both of which were huge success on the Wii selling over a million copies on the Nintendo console each.

With the game about to reach its second birthday (its original release was in 2007!), 360 and PS3 sales of the game still continue to breach the Top 10 charts to this day. Could Activision be on to something here, or will the buzz surrounding the game be killed off when Modern Warfare 2 drops on the same day as this 2-year old smash hit?

So, Wii owners! What do you think?! Excited that CoD4 will finally be making its way to your little white box or are you totally over it now?

*anticipates all the PS3 and 360 fan boys to start coming over to this thread and talk about how their COD4 is superior*

That's hardly going to help prevent those kinds of comments is it? :heh:

I'm all for Modern Warfare on Wii, but releasing a 2 year old port on the same day its sequel comes out? These guys have no shame:laughing:

So basically they will be promoting MW Wii with MW2 advertisement campaign.:laughing:

I'm all for Modern Warfare on Wii, but releasing a 2 year old port on the same day its sequel comes out? These guys have no shame:laughing:

So basically they will be promoting MW Wii with MW2 advertisement campaign.:laughing:

It really is true, Activision is now the new EA of old.

It would be nice to maybe have the team working on the Wii version of modern warfare to get to make a brand new Call Of Duty game just for the Wii...but this is Activision we are talking about :heh:

It really is true, Activision is now the new EA of old.

It would be nice to maybe have the team working on the Wii version of modern warfare to get to make a brand new Call Of Duty game just for the Wii...but this is Activision we are talking about :heh:

That would be interesting yes, but would take to much time and money:heh:

I mean, most of the times I get pissed by the way third parties treat the Wii, but this isn't even one of those situations, I actually laughed when I read the announcement. They are going to release a port of a 2 year old game, on the same day the sequel comes out, without even the need to promote it since MW2 advertising will do the job! Hats off to you, Activision. :laughing:

Good for us, though. If Treyarch makes a good port this as the potencial to be a big hit. If they show the same dedication to online as they are doing for Guitar Hero 5 we are in for quite a ride. MW is an awesome game with a very addictive multiplayer and I have no doubts this will take the crown as the ultimate online FPS on Wii from The Conduit (and sell much more in the process).

Interesting though, if they are giving us the first game, then it is only obvious to assume they will port MW2 aswell... but when? Fall 2010 ? :laughing:

First it is Modern Warfare 1 and made by Treyarch than Infinity Ward. :confused:

It would've made far more sense to ship this earlier and get Modern Warefare 2 out on Wii- but i suspect this is more of a political issue.

From some of the comments i've read there seems some bad blood between Treyarc and Infinity Ward- so i seriously doubt IW would have co-operated with Treyarc on a current title.

But kudos to Treyarc as far as i'm concerned. Its easy to create the visuals you want on the HD platforms- but a challenge, an exercise in restraint to good looking titles on Wii. Infinity Ward should take their fingers out of their asses and give it ago- arrogant twerps.

If Treyarc can take a leaf out of Metroid and The Conduit for controls, i suspect they've got a winning package on their hands.

I'm excited for it! I can't wait to see screens and vids! I love COD4 on the XBOX and will defo be picking it up on the Wii to see what the controls are like. I'm super hyped for this!

I'm excited for it! I can't wait to see screens and vids! I love COD4 on the XBOX and will defo be picking it up on the Wii to see what the controls are like. I'm super hyped for this!

They'll likely be exactly the same as WaW.

Relatively excited - I'll definitely buy it for the multiplayer. I wonder if it'll support Wii Speak (this should really be standard by now)?

Too little too late, end of debate...

Modern Warfare is a monster. What have we created?!?

*Activison laugh manically in the background*

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like and how it plays. I loved the MW beta but I never actually played the full retail online, I couldn't be bothered to level up again. I enjoyed the single player the first time round but when playing through it a second time it's a bit weak; basically get to point X to stop the respawning and get your squad to move forward.

Still, I'm interested to see what it looks like, and how the online is.

This is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever fucking heard!! This has to be a joke. It's an insult to Wii owners!!! If they're porting a game, why not just the new one?!! For christ sake this is unbelievable!!!

It could be that they have been secretly working on the Wii version for ages and have spent alot of time ironing it out. Regardless, theres nothing negative about a good game coming to the Wii. Better late than never!

This is why I don't buy games for the Wii anymore - the games I'm interested in come out almost 2 years late and ported by a developer I immensely dislike for their tarnishing of the COD name.

I'm curious to see what they do with it, but unless it makes the Wii print money, I won't be buying of. Modern Warfare 2, however, is a different matter.

If they're porting a game, why not just the new one?!! For christ sake this is unbelievable!!!

IW aren't going to give Treyarch, a developer they dislike as they tried to carry the COD name's flag and failed.

Ammusingly, my phone's autocorrect first thought I meant 'failed' to be 'raped', which is alarmingly suitable...

Yahoo! One of my E3 predictions came true.

If I'm still a Wii only console owner at the end of the year, I will be buying.

This is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever fucking heard!! This has to be a joke. It's an insult to Wii owners!!! If they're porting a game, why not just the new one?!! For christ sake this is unbelievable!!!

Don't be like that!!! We can have a weekly tournament on it :)

Yahoo! One of my E3 predictions came true.

If I'm still a Wii only console owner at the end of the year, I will be buying.

I'll join you!

Oh and as the Trayarch hate... WTF??? OK, COD5 may not have been as ground breaking as COD4, but it's still a wonderful game is far better than most FPS games out there.

What's more, I believe that a lot of people prefer COD4 due to the modern settings and firearms as everyone is now a little sick of WWII as a setting.

I for one love Treyarch, as they are not Wii hating twats!

Oh and as the Trayarch hate... WTF??? OK, COD5 may not have been as ground breaking as COD4, but it's still a wonderful game is far better than most FPS games out there.

What's more, I believe that a lot of people prefer COD4 due to the modern settings and firearms as everyone is now a little sick of WWII as a setting.

Trayarch don't get a lot of praise but dammit they should not be spat upon, they are a team that never catch a break, most of the time they get rushed by activision to make something in a short amount of time and I bet this game is no different, from what I have played from COD5 on the Wii it's a very good game.

This is why I would wish Activision would let Trayarch get a bit more leg room and let them work on perhaps a Wii exclusive brand new COD game, I am sure they could very well with it. But of course, this won't happen >_>

This is the weirdest new I have heard for a long while.

Also Treyarch? Cmon Infinity Ward why the hell can't you do it!

Is this going to be a full price release? Wait its Activision what am I thinking talk about the new EA. I bet Infinity Ward refused to touch this but Activision wanted a cash cow and gave it to Treyarch.

I am being rather negative, it will probably be the best FPS on the Wii. They better have search and destroy mode and wii speak in there. Also a 30 quid maximum price limit would be nice.

I'll join you!

The reason COD5 isn't liked is not because it's a bad game (it's not), it's because it's not an exceptionally excellent game, which Call of Duty's made by Infinity Ward (the original developers) are - Treyarch sell not on their games' quality, but on the quality associated with the name. As their games aren't exceptional, they tarnish the name.

I had no problems with WWII (at least, not with IW at the wheel), but I do enjoy the modern setting, if only for the AK47's. :awesome:

I don't believe that IW are "Wii hating twats", not for a second. They are merely sensible. A majority of Wii owners interested in this kind of game also own an Xbox 360 or PS3, and due to their vastly superior online capability, performance and controls (I can't believe I just rated a Playstation controller above anything else), most would buy it for one of the latter two. It takes too much effort to scale down a game as detailed as Modern Warfare to the Wii's level, for not enough sales in return.

Also Treyarch? Cmon Infinity Ward why the hell can't you do it!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they'd rather work on their new baby (MW2), and not go back an down-scale a game they made almost two whole years ago.

ok first of all I doubt they'll call it cod4 this time.. just modern warfare 1... maybe

but this means if it goes right we have our FIRST proper fps 4 player split-screen game... you know one that ISN'T red steel or metroid prime trilogy.

Very interesting news. Although, it would have been nice to get it a year ago, at least we're getting a second supposedly AAA game on the console this Q4. Knowing Activision though, we'll be paying $70 for it on day one.

but this means if it goes right we have our FIRST proper fps 4 player split-screen game...

I bet they'll either screw that part up, or take it out TBH. Having that feature in a Wii game sounds too good to be true right now.