NEurope
Kirkatronics

Get A Hobby

Having no job means i have a lot of time on my hands, and im getting really bored.

I think i need a hobby, but with no money it has to cost little to nothing.

Anyone got any ideas for me?

Also, do any of you guys have an interesting hobby?

I like just writing stuff. Like, maybe beginning to write some kind of story, or writing about something that really interests/angers you in some way. I've got so many beginnings of stories on my laptop, with the longest only being about 10 A4 sides. I always end up not knowing what to do next, and by the time I have, I've started something else. Boo.

I like just writing stuff. Like, maybe beginning to write some kind of story, or writing about something that really interests/angers you in some way. I've got so many beginnings of stories on my laptop, with the longest only being about 10 A4 sides. I always end up not knowing what to do next, and by the time I have, I've started something else. Boo.

I some times do this, and im the same.

Mine are never that long. Usually 2-4 pages before i lose my drive for it.

I do enjoy it though.

For me its recently become writing. As you can tell by both my green name and the link to my Blog in my signature, writing is something that has really become interesting to me only in the past 10 months or so. You can get lost in your writing sometimes, and writing about something you're passionate about - in my case video games and my personal life - is something that anyone can easily get in to.

my dads hobby is learning to use the internet. i help him the best i can but he is never going to be any good at it. keeps taking it to seriously

I do a crap load of jigsaw puzzles, my neck and back start to hurt after a while though.

Get some Warhammer on the go, and paint away.

Arent they a little expensive?

Do a martial art!

Im not really into the exercise thing.

I do a crap load of jigsaw puzzles, my neck and back start to hurt after a while though.

Jigsaws make me angry, and bore me.

So i try to keep away from them.

Learn an instrument. Even if it's just a tin whistle for £2, they're awesome.

Arent they a little expensive?

Im not really into the exercise thing.

Jigsaws make me angry, and bore me.

So i try to keep away from them.

Well, then you're just being rubbish and don't really want a hobby, I reckon you're just trying to get posts and start threads! You can't just dismiss everything before you try it! Besides, I didn't tell you to go out and do excercise, I told you to do a martial art.

Thought about checking the local paper for clubs and whatnot?

Strip clubs are very expensive.

Got a camera? Why not take up photography take a walk and take pictures of interesting things or have a theme you stick to.

Or go for a coffee and observe life write down interesting things you see, this is what inspired Alan Bennett a great playwright.

Learn to make maps for Cube 2: Sauerbraten. It gets fun once you learn the basics and start creating stuff. And best of all, its free. It also has online co-operative editing.

Learn to juggle. It totally rocks and you can do it anywhere. Also, it is great for stress relief.

I heard that Jazz is all the rage right now.

Have a Sax? Then go for it.

I approve of Warhammer painting, as for price, if you have a local hobby shop they may have something similar to what mine has, a Bits and Pieces box. It literally just has bits and pieces in it, you cna find nice high dollar models every once in a while and get them fairly cheap. Getting good paints cheap....that's a different story.

I say you take up mooching off of friends. Whenever they are free, go hand out with them and partake in their hobbies of smoking drinking board games whatever. Just don't use your own money.

I love to fantasise. I imagine worlds, stories, characters ... I want to write them down, become an author or something, but I'm rubbish at getting it down on paper. I dunno if you can call that a hobby, though. Gaming, surfing the Internet, reading ... those are what I'd consider my hobbies.

Thinking about it, I could really use a hobby. Way too often I find myself just sitting around the house getting completely bored.