NEurope
blender

who is your daddy and what does he do ?

My dad is currently serving a 5 year sentence in prison. He will be out at crimbo after 2 years, i have nothing to do with him anymore.

May I ask why?

My daddy is a Senior Nurse Advisor at a hospital in Camberwell up in London-Town. As such, he's one of the most senior mental health professionals in the country.

My daddy is also universally loved by all my friends, possibly more than me...

Some interesting fathers it seems. My father is THE GREAT ARTISTICO.

He's a coach driver. He's had several jobs over the years (postman, sign writer, insurance salesman, perfume salesman, Betterware distributor, ran a market stall) but tends to float back to driving jobs ... and speed painting.

Blender, why are you not interested in what my mother does? :p

Dad works for BAA, he's a Senior IT Manager Man. Heh, I don't actually know his title. He recently had a little side project to organise the Heathrow Chapel being kitted out with IT stuff. We asked him what the Priest needed the internet for? Well you can imagine the jokes. I DIGRESS. He loves airports and planes; quite a geek really and he loves his job.

Blender, why are you not interested in what my mother does? :p

Let me talk to your mother.

My Dad works for B.T he has done since he was 16, I've already had more jobs in my life then he has. But anyway he works in the telephone exchanges installing all the equipment.

My daddy looks after special people.

We want to know about his career not his home life.

My Dad currently works in the military as a Captain. He's all office-based now, but he did serve in the Falklands War.

My Dad currently works in the military as a Captain. He's all office-based now, but he did serve in the Falklands War.

My dad served in the falklands too! ^__^

but he was in the RAF.

My father was...a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says, "Why so serious?" He comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face!" And... why so serious?

amazing. :heart:

err.. my dad is now retired. :)

What the fuck is the purpose of this thread? General nosiness?

No thread on here has a fucking purpose.

Mine used to drive a bus, and was security at festivals like T in the Park :) Also a fantastic and inspiring artist.

My daddy's a banker and he banks all day ;)

In all seriousness, my dad is an Electronic Engineer, designing computer chips or something. Very technical and not something I particularly give a damn about since I haven't talked to the man in years, even though we live in the same house. :D

Who gives a fuck?

I'll happily give a fuck to anyone interested. Provided they are female, of course ... or ReZ.

My father was...a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn't like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says, "Why so serious?" He comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!" He sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face!" And... why so serious?

Put a sahk in it!

You did it to get into a girls' trousers. And she ditched you. SO SHUT UP!

I have no idea.. Haven't seen him since I was... 7?

well i've got news for you, you are mine now, you belong to me!

Edited by or else you will DIE
Automerged Doublepost

He died before I was born so odds are he isn't doing much.

I loved that bit in the new Star Trek film where Kirk asks Spock if he knew his father in the other reality. I like the idea there is a happier version of me somewhere.

My daddy is the headmaster at a school for severely disabled children. He's been there since I was around 1, so just over 20 years as deputy head and then head. His school recently got an 'Outstanding' rating from OFSTED, which is the highest you can get, and he in particular was praised for 'inspirational leadership'. He said they spelt it wrong and they meant to say 'persperational leadership'

To sum up, I'm very proud of my dad and what he does to help so many families who suffer every day. However, he often makes terrible jokes.

My dad served in the falklands too! ^__^

but he was in the RAF.

What makes it seem iffy was that he was on a boat (Gallahad) that got struck/blown up whilst he was on-board. He got off the boat on the last lifeboat.