NEurope

They're both pretty good... but yeah the first is badass.

I'd imagine they would grab attention on shelves because of their simple design...

Also the fact that both feature one of the most iconic characters ever created!

Just his ears alone!

I remember when the concept art for this was first revealed, I was so excited to get this game! ...Then, they revealed some gameplay footage and I lost nearly all interest in this game.

Rewind back a few months though and it looks very promising at e3 and now, after watching the official trailer I am truly blown away, as the final game has lived up to the beautiful and striking concept art from all that time ago!

To me, it looks like the Rayman universe and the game especially boasts that Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc vibe.

One of the major reasons I'll be buying it, for I miss Rayman kind of games.

My most wanted Wii game of 2010 i think! Cannot wait for it!

My most awaited game across all formats. This just aches retro-classic gaming for me as I remember growing up with Disney videogames that were actually good fun.

Looks special, the production values are top notch and I expect this to become something of a cult classic of sorts too.

Yeah, I'm really pumped for Epic Mickey too. It just looks so charming. Not to mention it's really nice to see a high quality platform game, not made by Nintendo...

£150 tax rebate = day one purchase :D!

Where's the cheapest place to order it at the mo?

Bloody lost phone :(

Edited by Ashley

I've preordered it and hope it won't disappoint. It's always a mixed bag when so few coherent gameplay footage is shown pre-release as for Epic Mickey.

On the one hand, if the game is good, you'll actually be able to discover things on your own, because you haven't seen some of the most important parts in the trailers already. So you won't know that there is this level in this building, where this and this happens. On the other hand, the worst thing you might discover, is that the game is not good at all. :p

Edited by Burny

Lucky you. ^^ Impressions?

I've heard different things about the game's length. Some German site claimed they were told at Gamescom to expect ~10-12 hours for an average playthrough. Now in this Video from Comicon, Warren Spector mentions the first playthrough took him 26 hours:

I suppose that includes a lot of sidequests.

Probably did involve collecting everything and what not.

Quick impressions: fun but not too difficult. Somewhere between Kirby's Epic Yarn and Maro Galaxy 2 in terms of length and difficulty. Full impressions soonish.

Emigrated to Donkey Kong's land, apparently. I'll be getting this though.

Best looking Wii game? Warren thinks so.

A confident Warren Spector reckons Epic Mickey is the best-looking Wii game ever.

Take that Super Mario Galaxy 2 and House of the Dead: Overkill.

"I think this is the best-looking Wii game ever. I think graphically it hits a bar that the best Disney stuff has to hit," Spector told MCV.

"I think that will appeal to people. At the end of the day, Disney fans and non-Disney fans alike will come away with a greater appreciation of Disney's creative heritage.

"This does not play or feel like any other game, but the gamer can make it feel like a Mario game, or a Zelda game. They determine the pace of play."

Close to 275 people are working on Epic Mickey with Warren Spector, who created seminal first-person RPG Deus Ex.

Mario Galaxy and MH3 will take some beating.

A confident Warren Spector reckons Epic Mickey is the best-looking Wii game ever.

Sources?

I guess that's completely up to personal preference. Even though I am quite hyped for the game, I couldn't say that the footage shows better visuals than SMG2. It looks just too dark and blurry in the youtube videos.

At least Spector is absolutely confident in his game and I'm rather confident in him. ^^