NEurope

Looking exceptionally awesome/intriguing.

Again another title that shows that if third parties put effort into their Wii titles, they can look excellent.

Disney + Nintendo = a perfect match.

Anyone worried this may not sell too well though?

Looks very dark doesn't it?

I would kill for it with cel-shaded wind waker-like graphics.

It's also seems very old-school platforming, like a ps1 style game.

I love that style but am, not sure if mainstream does.

Dev Walkthrough:

Pretty much sold on this, looking forward to a good old unique platforming experience.

Though if I had one criticism... I'm wondering if the whole paint/thinner thing will get a little old after a while? I hope there is more to the combat system than keeping your distance and spraying one or the other. Hopefully Mickey has a few moves himself.

The 'stetch' moves, like the TV look like they'll add a little something else though.

I really like the whole "Use thinner if you're shite / can't be bothered doing it properly / are stuck", "Use paint if you intend to stun" thing.

I really like the whole "Use thinner if you're shite / can't be bothered doing it properly / are stuck", "Use paint if you intend to stun" thing.
Actually I don't think paint stuns the enemies, it seems to altogether befriend them! *Psyche* Edited by Retro_Link

You've clearly never read any of chair's other posts.

You've clearly never read any of chair's other posts.
That was actually my witty attempt at trying to bypass another post he unneccesarily ruined by 'stun/stunning/studded/it stuns'.

So that's a 3rd Party Wii remote, as opposed to some sort of casing?

It looks absolutely AWESOME!!!... but I wouldn't want a 3rd party controller.

Also the Mickey charger is quite nice, but it's annoying me that the paint brush is for the nunchuck which doesn't control the paintbrush in the game!

Sheet, that Tronmote is beautiful. Really quite fancy that.

pdp-tron-ps3.jpg

The PS3 one looks a bit arse, mind.

The Tron Wii-mote actually looks like a First party black one, just that its been modded to look like it does. Cause I'm looking at it and my black first party Wii-mote and bar the obvious luminescence and different button/lettering it's virtually identical. Still a third party remote but it looks to have been closely modelled on the first party one, if not using that as the starting point before adding the lighting and stuff.

Looks fantastic though. And should say that the new Tron game has slyly been announced for the Wii if people were wondering why the Wii was getting that controller. Wasn't officially announced for the Wii, and still sort of hasn't as there aren't any press releases stating Wii as a platform, but it is coming.

...I don't see why its in the Epic Mickey thread though :p

But while we're at it:

tron-mickey-01.jpg

Really excited about this one, i love me some platform/adventure goodness and it's not by Nintendo! Who would have thought!

Joystiq - (mean) Mickey out of Epic Mickey

epic-mean-mickey.jpg

One of the key features in Disney Epic Mickey is the ability for players to choose either good or evil actions as Mickey Mouse. We originally learned that Mickey's appearance would change based on what sort of actions you take. Take good actions, and he would appear more like the Mickey we all know and love. Take evil actions, on the other hand, and he would transform into something decidedly more sinister.

Until now, that is, with the Mainichi Daily News reporting that the "mean" version of Mickey has been removed from the game after it left a bad taste in the mouths of focus testers. Now, instead of transforming into a more menacing mouse, Mickey will simply adopt a smudgy look. Just another reminder that, yes, focus testing can ruin anything.

Disney's testers :hmm:

Fucking focus testing.

As though the number of film endings they've changed isn't enough...

Focus testers are for reactions, as opposed to testing for bugs and playability and the such.

At least that what I think. I dunno for sure.

Game tester test for bugs, focus testers give feedback on experience.