NEurope

And for the record, I also like Glee :heh:

Does that make my post void!? D:

Not only valid. It also makes you my new bestmate.

Rumour has it it may have a change of style at E3...

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125367

"...Epic Mickey may be on display at E3, and the version being shown off is going to much better reflect what was revealed in the artwork. If Epic Mickey can really pull off a visual style closer to the concept art than the screens we saw, I think many more gamers will show interest. I guess we'll find out the situation in a couple of weeks!"

They talk of it being 'revamped', but to be honest, there was never much to vamp, was there?

Releasing such terrible screen shots was a huge mistake. I mean seriously, it looks like a ps2 release title. The concept art was so much better and I can see why people are so dissapointed, me included. I couldn't care for this game now, it looks so generic. It reminds me of that Rayman game at the start of last generation, Hoodlum Havoc - Just with Mickey Mouse instead.

And for the record, I also like Glee :heh:

Does that make my post void!? D:

and why is that a bad thing?

45.jpg

scrshot2.jpg

697.jpg

1538.jpg

rayman-3-hoodlum-havoc-75750.475436.jpg

To be fair, I don't think it looks like Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc at all.

The screens we saw of Epic Mikey were way worse and too, .....simple.

So long as it doesn't play like Rayman 3.

Haha, no, then it would be called Rayman 4.

ah sweet i'm loving the look of this game.

here's hoping for a shed load of coverage of it tonight.

I love the art style! I just hope they win me back tonight with an awesome trailer!

Having just watched the gameplay video, it actually looks good. In an old-school kind of way.

Looks like they really caught the artstyle. Platforming is hopefully solid, the Steamboat Willie level looked good.

(how did it take me until now to realise the grammatical error in the title?)

Seeing the demonstration just made me want it more. Steamboat Willie :D

Having just watched the gameplay video, it actually looks good. In an old-school kind of way.

That's what I thought. I just love the whole idea behind it though, the erasing nature of the game. Plus, as others have said, the black and white Steamboat Willie section rocked.

This disappeared off my radar, but I really want it after that conference.

I mentioned this when I was watching the conference, but the Wii is really strong in terms of its platforming games. Today alone we've been given DK and Kirby, and this looks strong, too. Good variation there, too in terms of art styles and gameplay. Good time to be a Wii owner. :)

I think this (or possibly DKC) is easily my most awaited game of the year. Think it looks incredible!!

this game was MUCH improved in the E3 showing.

All of a sudden my feelings on the game reversed again. The art style looked great and the game suddenly was filled with potential again.

The only iffy thing was that I'm already at the point with Steamboat Willy levels where I'm sick fed up of seeing the black and white theme. It no longer means anything to me.

The only iffy thing was that I'm already at the point with Steamboat Willy levels where I'm sick fed up of seeing the black and white theme. It no longer means anything to me.

Was that used in anything else since the SNES game?

What? You didn't like the black and white in a section based on a black and white cartoon? In my opinion it would look worse in colour, and perhaps even unrecognisable.

(Don't you go trying it Gus Van Sant!)

I agree with James to a certain extent. It looks like every Mickey Mouse game has to have a Steamboat Willie level, and it's getting old.

That said, this game looks awesome. Even the new Phantom Blot design.

Its no different to Mario constantly referencing the NES titles. Its where it all began and one of the most iconic cartoons ever (and historically and technologically important).

I hope he finds his way back to Boston:

:p

Seriously I want to see this referenced, it makes so much sense after all:

Edited by Ashley

Watching Runaway Brain in the cinema (I think it was shown before A Goofy Movie) is one of my very earliest childhood memories, and christ, it terrified me.