NEurope

I was going about my day checking my usual forums when I came across this.

From Penny Arcade forums:

For last three years Warren Spector's (Ultima Underworld, Deus Ex, Thief) Junction Point has been working on secret Disney project. Today chunk of the game's concept art was leaked to the net by Superannuation blog. The project has code-name "Epic Mickey", and by doing some cross-referring, NeoGaf was able to find artist Tony Pullham's CV. Pullham is responsible for the concept art, and his CV confirms that the project is for Wii.

thin_wallhires.jpg

sea_transport.jpg

goofy_zombie.jpg

castle_side02.jpg

bwx01.jpg

Looks pretty damn awesome.

I noticed it earlier, but assumed it would be 360/PS3. I hope it is real and is actually in development, and if it IS for Wii, then that's some damn good detective work.

Rather have this than KH3.

I noticed it earlier, but assumed it would be 360/PS3. I hope it is real and is actually in development, and if it IS for Wii, then that's some damn good detective work.

Rather have this than KH3.

better to be 360, then it has a chance of being the dark and atmospheric game that the images convey

better to be 360, then it has a chance of being the dark and atmospheric game that the images convey

Yeah, actually. Everyone knows Wii can't handle brown. God bless HD.

even better, swap disney land for never land and swap goofy for michael jackson and we have an awesome moonwalker sequel

Yeah, actually. Everyone knows Wii can't handle brown. God bless HD.

and god bless 5.1 and the hardcore gamer

Doesn't matter what console this was made for, none of the current consoles or the PC could render the graphics like those conceptual ideas in 3d and do justice. However, I feel that this may well be done in 2d anyway. In that case, the feeling and atmosphere of the graphics from the concepts would be preserved.

If it's done in 2D with pseudo 3D bits and impressive pre-rendered backdrops plus in similar style to the old Mickey games then this could be amazing.

*reminisces about World of Illusion* ah good times... :)

Mickey Mania was where it was at. This has got a long way to go to beat that one. It's amazing when you look back on the old Disney titles because they were all good before the PS1 came out and then they all went downhill.

and god bless 5.1 and the hardcore gamer

Hardcore is a flexible term. For some it means 'dedicated', those who have been playing games since time immortal and enjoy harder better faster stronger games. For some it means shiny graphics with realistic sweat and big guns and EXPLOSIONS. For others it simply means playing without the strap on.

Hardcore is a flexible term. For some it means 'dedicated', those who have been playing games since time immortal and enjoy harder better faster stronger games. For some it means shiny graphics with realistic sweat and big guns and EXPLOSIONS. For others it simply means playing without the strap on.

If you are really hardcore, it's no strap on AND no Wii Remote Jacket :o

But thats just crazy!

And the game, woah that art looks awesome, I can't wait to see more from it.

1UP - Warren Spector's 'Epic Mickey' Coming to Wii, New Artwork Revealed

Rumors have swirled as far back as last December that Deus Ex creator Warren Spector and Junction Point Studios are working on an ambitious "steampunk" Mickey Mouse platformer, codenamed "Epic Mickey." Now, thanks to a couple of leaks from members of the development team, we have a new look at Spector's surprisingly grim vision for the game -- and, it seems, the first confirmation of what console we'll be playing it on. Superannuation has uncovered the resume of Junction Point artist Tony Pulham, which listed "Epic Mickey" in development for the Wii.

We write "listed" in the past tense, because a look at the resume now shows that in the most recent entry of his work history, the line confirming Epic Mickey for the Wii has been deleted. But according to Superannuation, what was written there originally was, in fact, "'Epic Mickey' (Wii Video Game)"

But Pulham isn't the only artist associated with the project at the source of an online leak. Posters on NeoGAF have dug up some gorgeously bleak concept art for the title as well, which were posted on the websites of former Junction Point artists Fred Gambino and Gary Glover. Naturally, the artwork seems to have disappeared from Gambino's website, and Glover's link to his environmental concept art portfolio (which seems to be where the related art was posted) now mysteriously redirects to SignOnSanDiego.com. But you can still see the concept art in the NeoGAF post, and we've posted a few of the pieces here as well.

Of course, all of this is short of an actual official confirmation, so it's possible changes in platforms may have occurred, or that this concept art isn't an accurate representation of what the game could be looking like today (it is, after all, concept art). But we really hope this artwork is a good preview of what Spector and Junction Point Studios has in store for Mickey's world, because it's a surrealistically bizarre take on the usually bright Disney universe that we'd love to see more of. Hopefully some real details on the project will be coming soon. We'll keep you posted.

So hardcore lesbians stop at oral?

conceptcastles.jpg

2e3u34x.jpg

Some of my favorite pictures.

Edited by Dante

Horace? Snow White dwarves? Goofy? What happened with you...?

This has the potential to be something amazing. I hope it manages to be that, without ruining my love for animated Disney.

But thats just crazy!

It's the only way to play.

But thats just crazy!

Haha, thats me! :awesome:

This Epic Mickey stuff looks epic. Let's hope its for the Wii.

Epic Mickey Details Arise:

CVG has learnt that the game is indeed called Epic Mickey and it's being worked on by ex-Deus Ex man, Warren Spector at his Junction Point studio. But the internet already seems to know that.

We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.

ERM I swear mickey mouse was for kids- this will scare the shit out of kids big time. OMFG GOOFEY HAS LOST AN ARM

If it's done in 2D with pseudo 3D bits and impressive pre-rendered backdrops plus in similar style to the old Mickey games then this could be amazing.

*reminisces about World of Illusion* ah good times... :)

Indeed excellent game along with Quackshot tazmania Disney games were great back in the day. :geek:

The art direction of this game looks incredible. I'm not actually a huge Disney fan, but I might have to get this! It's an interesting concept too; older/lesser known characters uprising against Mickey, it's certainly different for a Disney game, though it's about time the franchise went a bit darker.

Plus it's a Warren Spector game, and he made the best game ever (Deus Ex), so it's bound to be brilliant! :grin:

The art looks very good.

But if its an exclusive for the Wii, the graphics will be awful.

This is a way too good concept for the Wii, should've been in the PS3 or the PC

The art looks very good.

But if its an exclusive for the Wii, the graphics will be awful.

This is a way too good concept for the Wii, should've been in the PS3 or the PC

You realize you're on a Nintendo forum don't you?

So... stop whining about a game being on a Nintendo platform.

It's obviously with the right demographic too, jeez.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy.

Its just that this console is not adapted for such good concepts as these that are involved with this type of art.

PS3/PC do a better job at that.

No need to be butthurt.

Woah...

I'm a big Disney fan and this looks... Very un-disney.

It's like Walt Disney World in an apocolyptic Fallout 3 type universe. How are they trying to appeal to?