NEurope
Dyson

Yahoo and Microsoft team up to take on Google

Once you've managed to replace the verb of the function you provide with your own name, you're pretty much safe.

Yahooing and Binging will just never catch on. Binging doesn't even sound like it's safe for work ... or for ReZ, for that matter.

haha can MS do anything right... ?

no this won't work.. typical ms copying and not innovating..why not try to think of ways to make the search engine idea better?

who knows more visual and audio implantation its not hard.

who knows more visual and audio implantation its not hard.

They had a flash based search engine at one point (MS), I can't remember what it was called, it had a movie of some woman making odd faces and talking while you searched stuff. It just made searches take way to long (You had to wait for the .swf to load, and for the movie to play before you got any results). I'm not sure if that's quite what you're talking about though.

TBH, Google has never been good at GUIs. Perfecting the GUI of search engines might help anyone trying to beat Google.

They had a flash based search engine at one point (MS), I can't remember what it was called, it had a movie of some woman making odd faces and talking while you searched stuff. It just made searches take way to long (You had to wait for the .swf to load, and for the movie to play before you got any results). I'm not sure if that's quite what you're talking about though.

thats pretty much what I was getting at... Just an idea, they should have professionals who come up with this stuff better than I would.

Well at the office a co-worker an I have already started using the term: "bing it" I think it is a good counter measure as google is moving on trying to tackle microsoft on a different front, to allies join together to counter attack on the home field.

Once you've managed to replace the verb of the function you provide with your own name, you're pretty much safe.

There's a linguistic term for that...care to remind me?

I think Yahoo is still fairly popular in the East, just seems in the west it died down a bit. But then, as always, the ads are more fun over there;

There's a linguistic term for that...care to remind me?

Google said "genericized". And if it has legal binding or whatever (so that the owning company loses trademarks, rather than people just using the term, like Coke) it's called "genericized trademark" (stuff like Aspirin, Biro and Frisbee).

thats pretty much what I was getting at... Just an idea, they should have professionals who come up with this stuff better than I would.

Stuff like that particularly doesn't work at all TBH. Although, I wouldn't mind a search engine using more graphics/icons/ect. to present stuff, but still look clean.

Ask have a nice preview system, really works well.

I still prefer google though.

Cube, you forgot Hoover :)

Well im not normally pushy about search engines but yahoo seems to give you everthing BUT what you want. I like to think of it as the opposite to google sometimes.

I haven't really tried this bing yet mind you

QFT. Which reminds me. I need to hoover the lounge