NEurope
Rummy

The Homebrew Channel

I guess I fail then...

I have run out of thanks to give you so have have a written "thanks." I understand now. :yay:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Its pillar boxing, not letter boxing.

I have the homebrew channel and was about to play wii sports resort when i was greeted with a update screen.

Most new games do this and I just play them all through the back up launcher as i heard that updating your wii when you have homebrew can brick it.

I tried to play resort through the backup channel and it doesnt work, I must update (maybe because of the new add on?)

If I update will my Wii die? :o

No, version 4.1 should have no affect on the HBC

well I installed Bootmii went fine. At the same time reinstalled DVDx to I think a later edition which has made dvd playback very smooth! Just like playing on a normal DVD player. Then updated Wii to 4.1, that seemed to have stopped the HBC from working, so I had to reinstall HBC using Bannerbomb which was a success :) Everything fine and running as well as having NAND backups of the Wii in its current state and also while on 3.3.

Quick question though, how do I press the different buttons on a DVD menu when using Mplayer CE?

Edited by Rowan

No, version 4.1 should have no affect on the HBC

Seconded. 4.1 is fine, I updated through WSR disk. All good ;)

Quick question though, how do I press the different buttons on a DVD menu when using Mplayer CE?

Can't remember...just mess about with it. Glad it's working for you, I told you DVD playback was smooth as butter! :yay:

Ooh i wonder if that's the problem on mine, why DVD playback's so choppy & out of sync, when it does actually work?! I should try reinstalling DVDx.

Yeh I recommend uninstalling DVDx then reinstall it using the latest Hackmii installer file. That's what I did and is now very smooth. Still can't press any dvd menus yet though :p

100% nailed, it's still outputting 640x480 (or 576 for PAL) even in "widescreen"

A thanks for you, I was going to explain it but you did it better than I could ever do.

Its pillar boxing, not letter boxing.

And a thanks for you. Do we have a thanks limit or something?

To be on topic: 4.1 shouldn't have any effect on homebrew.

Christmas Edition is awesome! It used to be all jittery and out of sync for me too.

with mediaplayer CE you can also watch Internet TV. The family guy/American dad and futurama channels are great. It takes about 2mins to cache then it's perfect. You can then change the aspect ratio to full screen and it looks great. -No pixellated images at all. Media CE is brilliant.

with mediaplayer CE you can also watch Internet TV. The family guy/American dad and futurama channels are great. It takes about 2mins to cache then it's perfect. You can then change the aspect ratio to full screen and it looks great. -No pixellated images at all. Media CE is brilliant.

I have a few videos on my PC and just wondered if there was a decent streaming app so I can watch 'em on't tele??

Giving this a little bump because I'm in a bit of a pickle it seems, my wii started acting funny after I tried installing an cIOS(I think it's 249?) which, somewhat amusingly, I was installing to make an app called Savegame manager work, so I could do a speedy backup of all my wii saves. I think something happened that made stuff stop working, I couldn't get Gecko to boot(wanted to play brawl) and I panicked a bit and I up and went and did a BootMii restore of a backup I took during 3.2E(I was drunk and thinking stupid whilst entertaining).

The amusing twist comes in that in the process I lost my Little King's save, but I've found I can't get to the HBC installation through the 3.2E method, as I wanted to get into the installer to uninstall everything before I went back up to 4.2. Essentially, this is alot of story, my main question is....does anybody know much about recovering troublesome wiis due to the HBC? I think I'm cool but I feel very unstable, and really I'm looking to get more informed on the matter!

A few HBC channels, bits of the installation proceess etc have changed during the 3.x - 4.2 transition... check wiibrew.org / hackmii.com to see if you can safely just update to 4.2 and reinstall HBC from scratch?

On another note...

Yeh I recommend uninstalling DVDx then reinstall it using the latest Hackmii installer file. That's what I did and is now very smooth. Still can't press any dvd menus yet though :p

Woohoo, reinstalling DVDx through Homebrew Installer made DVD playback smooth for me too, thanks Rowan! :yay:

I restored to 3.2E(I could freeloader boot Brawl, which was nice) as I said obviously, then curiously found that the original bannerbomb then would not work, so I used Stack Smash to get into the installer, uninstall HBC and DVDx, then updated to 4.2(strangely my shop channel didn't say it needed updating, it just sort of loaded up with just the background) then I used the latest bannerbomb install for 4.2, everything seems sort of OK now though Gecko seems to confuse itself about whether it's current under the HBB. Even so, I was really just more curious about restoring wiis, possible pitfalls etcetc, but I've found some interesting stuff knocking around on a few sites now :)

Just 2 let yall know if u update to 4.2 it will delete ur homebrew and may brick it.its a 50% chance very risky maybe like having unprotected.

...its a 50% chance, very risky. Maybe like having unprotected.

Milkshake?

Wasn't 4.2 eons ago? With NSMB incoming I wonder if Nintendo will have another update to bring Wii owners. How many more can they offer?!

Just 2 let yall know if u update to 4.2 it will delete ur homebrew and may brick it.its a 50% chance very risky maybe like having unprotected.

If you have the HBC installed already just update it to it's latest version which does work with 4.2 and won't be deleted when you update if you want to update

If you have the HBC installed already just update it to it's latest version which does work with 4.2 and won't be deleted when you update if you want to update

Bollocks. I updated my Wii. So do I get the Homebrew channel in the same way I got it the first time?

Bollocks. I updated my Wii. So do I get the Homebrew channel in the same way I got it the first time?

Bannerbomb v2 can be used to lauch the Hackmii Installer (v0.6) and install HBC (v1.0.6) on a Wii at 4.2

It's also recommended to install BootMii (beta 4) as it also fixes some bugs Nintendo left in their new boot2 in 4.2 :heh:

Did just that yesterday. Now my HBC is gone :(

Can't play any imported games anymore. Sad! Anybody knows how to get it back up, if possible at all?

Did just that yesterday. Now my HBC is gone :(

Can't play any imported games anymore. Sad! Anybody knows how to get it back up, if possible at all?

You should have updated your HBC before updating to 4.2

But as OrElseYouWillDie pointed out, you can still re-install HBC.

the newest version of Bannerbomb will allow you to run the Hacmii Installer and install the HBC again

@ those guys using a HDD...

What make and model are you using. I bought a 500gb Seagate one and it wouldn't format in WBFS. There's a couple of cheap WD Passport ones and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they're Wii compatible?? Don't wanna waste my money, see?

@ those guys using a HDD...cheap WD Passport ones and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if they're Wii compatible??

Yep a mate of mine's using a WD passport on his and it seemed to work fine.