NEurope
stuwii

The war on terror

I hope the creativve assembly are reading this thread : Caliphate - Total War

Awesome

I doubt anything can be more awesome than Empire, actually...

Man... War on 'Terror'... Am I the only one who finds that phrase totally amusing??? LMAO! War on terror? Really? Such a stupid phrase, like having a war on aquaphobia... Lets have a war on pears while we're at it.

Man... War on 'Terror'... Am I the only one who finds that phrase totally amusing??? LMAO! War on terror? Really? Such a stupid phrase, like having a war on aquaphobia... Lets have a war on pears while we're at it.

Its a term used because there is not a better one. The term war on Afghanistan is no good as we are not at war with Afghanistan just elements who reside there.

Anyway back onto war on terror. The colonialists have killed over 100 afghan civilians.

Are you trying to prove that your an idiot as using the term colonialists to describe ISAF forces pritty much does it.

I think i would probably go as far as saying that ISAF forces have not been responsable for one death in Afghanistan. As i believe that the Taliban (sorry taliban is not pc 'enemys of the peace') are to blambe for every death out there. If they hadnt harboured terrorism ISAF wouldnt have ever willingly chosen to invade such a crap barren piece of land. And by continuing to fight ISAF they are the ones putting Afghan civillians in harms way. ISAF wants one thing and one thing only to safeguard there countrys security. Dont ever confuse Afghnaistan and Iraq as the only similiarity is the desert. Afghanistan has nothing the world wants, so we want to make our stay there as brief as possible.

I heard a George Orwell quote about war once.I didn't think much of it at the time and thought it was a bit mad, but the more I think of it and the more I read about the current war, the more I think it to be quite profound.

It's not a matter if the war is not real or if it is. Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. A heirarchacal society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignoracne. This new version is the past and no different version can ever have existed. In principle, the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against it's own subjects and it's object is not the victory over Eurasia or East asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.

I not sure if you are saying Islam was spread by the sword or not. That is not true so I am gonna refute this. This is the wrong topic to debate that though so I am not gonna write a whole long post about the spread of islam.

As for the future islamic state. the main thing for now is creating a caliphate in the muslim world and work from there.

Anyway back onto war on terror. The colonialists have killed over 100 afghan civilians.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1184614595?bctid=28223381001

Why do you think Turkey is Muslim? lol

All the Afgans and Iraqis I've seen on TV that support the war seem to still have their houses standing...

Don't trust the TV peeps, we can argue this all day but in reality we only know as much as we've been told.(cept Danny it seems who's sauntered down Taliban Lane)

It's kinda presumptuous and a little ignorant to have such bold statements about something that we really know little about.

That's what led the German public to think they were in the right in WWI/WWII. The public repeat what they are told with such pride and even joke, not truly understanding the horrors of war.

Or at least that what I read in "All Quiet on the Western Front"

(of course not applied to all, some here are probably informed in one way or another but I'm pretty sceptical about much that has been said in this thread.)

And me? I think wars are necessary vice of the human condition but should be our last possible option. The government just seems to bloody love it though don't they?

The government just seems to bloody love it though don't they?

I think thats a bit of a simplistic view. They dont love it, they just seem to be realistic in the view that its nessicery. Unfortunatly they arnt realistic about what can be achieved with limited resources.

There's a nice article in the newspapers, particularly in the Times today about a war training scheme in Africa which was almost shelved due to budget constraints since the MoD didn't want to pay for any of it and just let the Government pay for it. Apparently some Knighted famous guy connected with the military who I cannot remember publicly spoke out about no financial backing and so the government have backed the idea.

Can someone explain why the MoD are not paying? I'm all for it being paid for, but surely this should be coming out of their budget?

There's a nice article in the newspapers, particularly in the Times today about a war training scheme in Africa which was almost shelved due to budget constraints since the MoD didn't want to pay for any of it and just let the Government pay for it. Apparently some Knighted famous guy connected with the military who I cannot remember publicly spoke out about no financial backing and so the government have backed the idea.

Can someone explain why the MoD are not paying? I'm all for it being paid for, but surely this should be coming out of their budget?

A link might be handy?

At a guess the money isnt there in the budget. The millitary budget is stretched any way, they cant just make money like the goverment can.

The goverment has a budget of free money they can use when any department comes to them for extra, its probably come out of that. This is all guess work any way.

Right in answer to your original question this does not come from the MODs budget as it is a UOR urgent operational requirment (read we havent funded the MOD correctly for 25 years and now need to buy stuff quickly and at much greater expense). These do not come from the MODs budget as its bassically making up for the fact theyve been fucked over budget wise for a long time. There are all sorts of things that are bought on UOR but they arnt used by the millitary in this country except by units which are deploying in the next few months. These include clothes, boots, body armour, vehicles, weapons, upgrades to vehicles already in use or as in this case training packages.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Just blew up cunt no1 in pakistan. Well pakistans cunt NO.1

Looks likely. But time will only tell. Dosent look like theres any real way of proving if he is or isnt dead.

Looks likely. But time will only tell. Dosent look like theres any real way of proving if he is or isnt dead.

Who was that stupid person saying we were targeting civilians.

Who was that stupid person saying we were targeting civilians.

Are you talking about a forum member, or the Afghan civilians who claimed an air raid killed their children who weren't near the air raid when they died?