NEurope
Eddage

Alton Towers Mini-Meet!

alton-towers.png

Yes I have way too much time on my hands...

Ok I've mentioned this before the London Meet, during and after and each time I've got some sort of positive response, so thought I would get some sort of organisation going properly...

Basically on Friday 25th September I plan on road tripping it up to Alton Towers, then stay in the hotel for the night and hit up the park for a second day on 26th September (my birthday :yay:)

I've done a little research and it costs £36 (£29 if you pre-book online) for entry to the park for one day and if any one is in a big spending mood then two days entry to the park and a room for one night (for four people) costs £286, so £71 each (which is actually bloody good considering single day prices).

I've hopefully managed to convince Retro_Link into coming for both days (he's currently in "thinking" mode :heh:). Basically it would be awesome if you guys could come for one of the days (...or both o_O). I've been collecting 2 for 1 vouchers and so have a few of them knocking about which can be sent to people on request.

Not really much more to add (It just took me three attempts to spell "add" correctly...) right now, but the post will be updated over time!

Peace ya'll!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The People...

Definites (bitches better turn up)...

Eddage

nightwolf

Skunky

Caris

jayseven

Maybes...

Retro_Link

The Villan

Fierce_LiNk

Pookiablo

Sheikah

Davey T

Goafer

Losers...

Platty

Dyson

Gizmo

ReZourceman

Happenstance

Wesley

Eenuh

Jimbob

Twozzok

warandchaos

MoogleViper

Cube

Ramar

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Letty

Edited by Eddage

Hell yes and I will not wimp out of this one, I shall drive there and FUN SHALL BE HAD!

Won't be able to make this but funnily enough I'm going Alton Towers on Monday 28th Sept. Girlfriend booked it for my birthday (3rd oct). :)

Hi Eddage. I'm Dyson. How are you?

First of all, I was impressed by your pitch. The idea is there, it's great, and I can see a lot of opportunities for the other Dragons who I can tell are eyeing this up. However, unfortunately for me, this isn't an investable opportunity for myself at the time, but that's not to take anything away from your idea which as I have said, was great. The timing on this occasion is not for me due to financial reasons, and for that reason, regrettably, I'm gonna have to declare myself out.

I've hopefully managed to convince Retro_Link into coming for both days (he's currently in "thinking" mode :heh:).
haha... Indeed, thinking mode engaged!

Sweet job on the logo!

Hi Eddage. I'm Dyson. How are you?

First of all, I was impressed by your pitch. The idea is there, it's great, and I can see a lot of opportunities for the other Dragons who I can tell are eyeing this up. However, unfortunately for me, this isn't an investable opportunity for myself at the time, but that's not to take anything away from your idea which as I have said, was great. The timing on this occasion is not for me due to financial reasons, and for that reason, regrettably, I'm gonna have to declare myself out.

Hi Dyson, I'm good, thanks for asking.

First of all, you suck, secondly.... no wait... that's all...

:heh:

I might head up to this, its only an hour away or summin. Theres loads of places to get 2 for 1's, so its only £18 really, last time i got a 2 for 1 on the way from a bag of crisps lol.

So yeah, i should be comin woop

Argh, I don't think I'll make it to this. I swore to myself I'd try and get to the next one, but I'm going away the first week of September, back for 3 days, then away again. Don't think I can get this in aswell.

Too close to when I'll be going in October really, and its FAR. Well its not that far, but poo.

Not really my type of thing so I dont think i'll be going but have fun all those that are!

Really want to go. Never been to Alton Towers. But put me down as a maybe for now.

I start uni that week, and I'll be in on the friday... so, sorry.

This is a cool idea, but I can't give a definite answer. It's a bit of a funny time, since I still currently don't have a job. I should be doing supply work in September, which would possibly rule out Friday. But, I also don't currently have the funds to book anything or have any concrete plans about this.

I guess it's a bit too far down the line for me to know at the moment!

Will you be actually going to the Theme Park (as in on the rides, etc) on the Friday as well as the Saturday. I only ask because chances are, I won't be able to do the Saturday due to work commitments. However, the Friday could be bloody good fun and I don't start Uni until the 28th :)

Put me down as a maybe good sir!

Hell yes and I will not wimp out of this one, I shall drive there and FUN SHALL BE HAD!

Pick me up on the way.....? No....?

Even though I'd love to come to this (god I love theme parks), I really can't. =(

Even though I'd love to come to this (god I love theme parks), I really can't. =(

You could always move over here? No? Ok.

Pretty much exactly what she said!

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like a great idea, but due to the slight niggle of being unemployed (thanks to the Labour Party and Alistar Darlings eyebrow dye spending) i cannot possibly afford to go along.

Apologies in advance

Will you be actually going to the Theme Park (as in on the rides, etc) on the Friday as well as the Saturday. I only ask because chances are, I won't be able to do the Saturday due to work commitments. However, the Friday could be bloody good fun and I don't start Uni until the 28th :)

Put me down as a maybe good sir!

The park shall be graced by my presence on both days!

Also, one of my mates has just told me on Facebook that he definitely wont be coming because he "isn't keen on roller coasters", forget the fact that he went with some uni mates last year, can he make a little effort to do something nice with someone he's been friends with for 10 years for his birthday? Like fuck he can.... cunt....

Yeah, so I'm kinda pissed off about that right now :heh:

Edited by Eddage

Argh, If I could drive i'd be there in a flash. Unfortunately I'd have to convince someone to drive me, and I only know once other rollercoaster friend and we went not that long ago :/

I might be able to come, but that depends on the day my Masters course officially starts (hopefully it's the following Monday). Although I can drive, I'm currently motorless, so it would be the connecting bus from Stoke for me. Doesn't sound too bad though; it's only 50 mins to Stoke from Manhcester anyway, then a 35ish minute bus journey from there.

Nice to see some of you showing. ;)

Unfortunately, transport would be around £20. That plus the cost of entry is just too much for me to spend on one day at the moment.

I'm also not a fan of spending so much time on public transport (around an hour and a quarter/half from me to Manchester to Stoke and then 35 minutes from Stoke to Alton...and then the same back).