NEurope
Ashley

Thanks, Merci, Grazie, Gracias, Obrigado, Dank u, Bedankt, Xie xie, Arigato

You need to have 100 posts to give thanks.

Sorry, forgot to mention that before.

Ahh awesome, thank you. I'll try to remember to give my thanks to you in digital form once I reach that number!

The past week has convinced me this is a good feature, I was wrong earlier.

The past week has convinced me this is a good feature, I was wrong earlier.

Its being used quite well, so its quite nice at the moment.

Some people do seem to randomly be giving them out for pointless things though.

If you feel people are giving out thanks willy nilly then feel free to contact me and I shall look into it :)

Wouldn't 'Kudos' be more appropriate than 'Thanks'? People seem to be using the feature more as a way of saying, "I endorse this post and/or product," such as Thank-ing people for making entertaining comments. I don't have any issue with the usage — it certainly beats people just saying "lol" or whatever — but pedant that I am the terminology irks me.

There shouldn't be any scripting involved in changing the wording, so don't give me that excuse! Honestly, people would think you administrate this forum for free or something.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure the "Total Thanks" field in user profiles is actually "Thanks Given". For instance mine currently reads "Total Thanks: 0" because I'm ungrateful.

Are you sure i'm not allowed to thank myself? I really did help myself out of a jam earlier.

No. Y'all should be an unthankful miserable bastard such as I for God created me in his image, and I created you all in mine.

BTW, I don't want to sound rude, but...

“Dank u Bedankt” is NOT supposed to be the German word for “thank you”, right?

(Because that would be “Danke” or “Dankeschön”)

BTW, I don't want to sound rude, but...

“Dank u Bedankt†is NOT supposed to be the German word for “thank youâ€, right?

(Because that would be “Danke†or “Dankeschönâ€)

Nope, both "dank u" and "bedankt" are Dutch versions of thank you. Why Ashley put two for Dutch, I don't know...

Nope, both "dank u" and "bedankt" are Dutch versions of thank you. Why Ashley put two for Dutch, I don't know...

Thanks for clarifying! :smile:

(Don't have 100 posts yet)

I was informed they were slightly different for two different countries, I forget which. However I am now saying its a nod to our Dutch heritage.