NEurope
Ashley

Thanks, Merci, Grazie, Gracias, Obrigado, Dank u, Bedankt, Xie xie, Arigato

You're welcome ^_^

There is now a 'Thank You' button that was requested ages ago but it kept playing up but is now (hopefully... :heh:) working.

But if we have another 'reputation situation' then it will be removed.

You also shouldn't be able to thank yourself but I've noticed ShavenWolf already has. If users thank themselves all their thankings will be wiped. Which obviously then means anything you are thankful for will be deleted too, so nobody will know when you intended to be thankful (that sentence makes sense in my head).

It also seems to have resulted in a 'Profile Fields' drop down menu so umm...enjoy that?

I've noticed a lot of things are missing from the postbit (under avatar), will add those back in now

Edited by Ashley

Cool, but a few things...

Is it possible to change "The Following User Says Thank You to ... For This Useful Post:" to something a bit shorter, e.g. just "The following say thank you", it looks a bit untidy being so long. Also, maybe make the usernames text smaller, I can imagine it taking up a lot of room if one post has a lot of thank you's.

Also the drop down profile thing stretches the borders if the username is long, like with rainings above.

Is it possible to change "The Following User Says Thank You to ... For This Useful Post:" to something a bit shorter, e.g. just "The following say thank you", it looks a bit untidy being so long. Also, maybe make the usernames text smaller, I can imagine it taking up a lot of room if one post has a lot of thank you's.

Also the drop down profile thing stretches the borders if the username is long, like with rainings above.

I agree with all of this actually. Definitely.

Also thanks for changing my name back. :yay:

Also the blackbar profile field under are names is too wide.

Also the blackbar profile field under are names.

Aye, that's the one I meant Dante! :heh:

Urgh, I hate the profile field box thing >_< But nice job on the Thanks.

Haha, just noticed as well, apparently my motherboard is a Gameboy Advance SP and my processor a Dreamcast...

:heh:

I have a feeling this is going to get spammed on particular posts and be particularly annoying. (Yes I do want some early Thank points).

What does the "Thanks" button do exactly?

Thank you for your useful post Caris.

Well that just inched the chances of this feature lasting closer to the "less than a week" line.

Well I don't think it really adds anything. OK this might be me being negative but I've happily lived without it and it'll just mean unneccessary finger-hurt from scrolling past non-important thanks messages.

Sorry.

You should change the word "Thanks" to "Likes this" as seen on Facebook. Also have a dislike button.

Changed both. Although with the latter there is always going to be that issue if people have long usernames. No two ways about it really.

You should change the word "Thanks" to "Likes this" as seen on Facebook. Also have a dislike button.

As if I'm going to change the graphics (read: get RedShell to) to a synonym :p Although "like" and "thanks" are different issues essentially, and I think "thanks" (if used correctly) is more appropriate.

And no dislike because people would just dislike anything they don't agree with. It would make the music thread worse.

Changed both. Although with the latter there is always going to be that issue if people have long usernames. No two ways about it really.

Does it have to be there though? I mean can't you have the thanks feature without the new profile thing?

Yes (presumably, not checked). May remove it actually. Evidentally people don't use profile fields.. Yes I can.

And for people complaining about the thanks button existing I was simply meeting a request. We'd get nowhere if we never listened to you, and it would only annoy you all. So things like this are on a trial. If people place nicely then it'll stay. If not it'll go.

Edited by Ashley

I wanted to thank everything except for Ashley but to no avail!

As much as I'm enjoying Ashley's attempts to improve the forum, I don't believe this is needed really, I personally don't see it being used too much.

Prove me wrong Knee!

This is a pretty cool feature.

Its nice to know who appreciates things :)

Thanks very much!