NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
killer kirby

Ys 7 (PSP)

I am surprised no one is really talking about it, especially since it's the newest one to the main series. And now it's coming out to the PSP, which the PSP truly needs more loving ^_^

All I can say is that I really can't wait for this game xD

Trailer

Screenshots

ys715.jpgys717.jpg

ys74.jpgys75.jpg

ys79.jpgys710.jpg

Source: RPGgamer

I'm pretty interested, but I don't have a PSP :P Is this getting an English release?

Don't know, perhaps we won't know until it comes out to Japan, I am placing a bet that Atlus will get it released in english.

I am surprised no one is really talking about it, especially since it's the newest one to the main series. And now it's coming out to the PSP, which the PSP truly needs more loving ^_^

All I can say is that I really can't wait for this game xD

I see you've been playing it so I was wondering what your impressions on the game are.

Ys is always one of those series I've always heard good things about and have meant to pick up one of the many different iterations/versions but never have done...perhaps I will sometime.

Shit, forgot to post my thoughts on the game...

Ehem...all the other PSP games can fuck off, this is one game that will most likely stay in my PSP until they bring it out in english (Yeah I am serious) and then continue staying in there.

This game is GOTY for the PSP this year even though it's all in japanese, if not for the fast action awesome gameplay, it's for the music.

The opening theme song is :o

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and boss music just for the heck of it.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'll keep you posted a bit more later on, I haven't had much time to play it, it's a game that I want to play from start to finish.

(Oh and a bit of history, Dragon Quest was the first game to make RPG's what it is today, but after Dragon Quest came out and before Final Fantasy came out, Ys came out, so the series is older then Final Fantasy :D )

Ys is always one of those series I've always heard good things about and have meant to pick up one of the many different iterations/versions but never have done...perhaps I will sometime.

Definitely get the VC one.

Looks like it's getting at least a US release, it was during Sony's conference in the PSP titles montage!

Seems Xseed is publishing the game, I assumed Atlus was. There's a limited Edition version for the US and a chance to get your name in the game:

XSEED Games Announces Ys SEVEN Limited Collector’s Edition and Chance for Players to get their Name in the Game

First Installment of the Popular Ys Series on the PSP system from Nihon Falcom Celebrates Upcoming Launch with Support of Premium Package and Chance for Fans to get Immortalized in the Game

Torrance, Calif., (June 2, 2010) – XSEED Games confirmed today that in addition to the standard retail edition of Ys SEVEN, a Limited Collector’s Edition will be available on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system in North America at launch this fall. In addition, everyone that joins the newly launched Ys page on Facebook by June 11th will be automatically entered for a random drawing to have an in-game character named after them. As previously announced, Ys SEVEN marks the first installment in the Ys series that XSEED Games will publish under the multi-title agreement with Falcom, one of the longest-running development studios in Japan, who have been a pioneer of the RPG genre since their first release in 1983. The Limited Collector’s Edition will provide the ultimate Ys SEVEN package for fans of the series and its long-awaited North American debut.

The Ys SEVEN Limited Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order at Amazon.com, GameStop, and other participating retail outlets for MSRP $49.99 and will include:

o Game soundtrack CD featuring more than 20 songs

o 60-page art book showcasing artwork from Ys SEVEN, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Ys I & II Chronicles

o 12.5” by 34” Cloth Map highlighting the world of the Ys series

The newly-announced “Name in Game” promotion will give players a chance to become permanently etched in the Ys series legacy by becoming one of the special quest-giving characters in Ys SEVEN. Everyone that joins the newly launched official Ys fanpage on Facebook by June 11th will be automatically entered for a chance at one of the 14 coveted spots. The link to the new official Ys fanpage along with more details on the promotion can be accessed from the general XSEED Games fanpage at http://www.facebook.com/xseedgames.

Ys SEVEN is the latest installment in the long-running Ys series, which first debuted on PC in 1987. Ys SEVEN is the first iteration to be built specifically for the PSP system, taking full advantage of the widescreen format and hardware for beautiful graphics and virtually no loadtimes. Our heroes Adol and Dogi set forth on another epic adventure to find and awaken the Five Dragons to summon their help for the final battle to determine the fate of the world. The battle system consists of a three-member battle party with enemies engaged on the field map in real-time for fast-paced combat. Fans of the series and new players alike will be immersed into the rich vibrant world containing over 30 hours of addictive gameplay.

Ys SEVEN is currently in production and scheduled for release in late summer. More information will become available at http://www.xseedgames.com.'>http://www.xseedgames.com.

About Nihon Falcom:

Nihon Falcom is an accomplished developer of original Japanese-style RPGs with worldwide appeal, having created such established series such as Ys and The Legend of Heroes, among others. With a sterling reputation for quality, Falcom is dedicated to continue meeting and surpassing the high expectations and discriminating tastes of core gamers. More information on Falcom can be found at http://www.falcom.co.jp.

About XSEED Games:

XSEED Games was formed in November 2004 by a small group of industry veterans led by president Jun Iwasaki with a common vision: to cross pollinate the avid gaming cultures of Japan and North America. Delivering unique, innovative titles across multiple platforms and genres, XSEED Games is dedicated to publishing products that appeal and enrich the North American market. More information on XSEED Games can be found at http://www.xseedgames.com

Question is, do I import or wait for a UK release?

Edit: They're releasing Ys I&II Chronicles as well!! And YsIII apparently.

Edited by Ike

*tumbleweed*

My LE set arrived yesterday!

Pics!

The box:

HNI_0008.JPG

Game, artbook and CD:

HNI_0009.JPG

Cloth map:

HNI_0010.JPG

Played under 2 hours of the game, but so far it's excellent.

Very surprised to see this got released on the Eu PSN today for £19.99, the day after Oath in Felghana is released in the US (my LE shipped today!)... Oh.

Still, sightly tempted to buy the digital version to support the series in Europe.

where the hell is that Limited Edition from it looks sweet!!! How much?!

I've been looking at getting a title in the Ys series for a while now since somebody did a community post on bitmob about how Ys was secretly better than Zelda and was an example of how the series should have progressed! I was looking into Ys 1+2 on the DS but whilst can probably pick it up cheap its not the best port from what I can tell!

So should I jump in and get 7?

where the hell is that Limited Edition from it looks sweet!!! How much?!

I've been looking at getting a title in the Ys series for a while now since somebody did a community post on bitmob about how Ys was secretly better than Zelda and was an example of how the series should have progressed! I was looking into Ys 1+2 on the DS but whilst can probably pick it up cheap its not the best port from what I can tell!

So should I jump in and get 7?

Ys 7 LE £31 + £4 p+p (worth it IMO).

Of course there's the digital version for £20 on PSN.

Ys Oath in Felghana LE £25 + £4 p+p (not sure why this is cheaper).

The DS port of I&II isn't the best, so I'd recommend my favorite version, the Turbo GFX version which is available on the VC, or wait for YS I&II Chronicles which I think should be out January/February. Nothing wrong with jumping in with YS 7 though.

Ys 7 LE £31 + £4 p+p (worth it IMO).

Of course there's the digital version for £20 on PSN.

Ys Oath in Felghana LE £25 + £4 p+p (not sure why this is cheaper).

The DS port of I&II isn't the best, so I'd recommend my favorite version, the Turbo GFX version which is available on the VC, or wait for YS I&II Chronicles which I think should be out January/February. Nothing wrong with jumping in with YS 7 though.

whats YS I&II Chronicles on PSP? May just pick up 7....is it like FF games are joined by theme/setting/genre rather than plot?

whats YS I&II Chronicles on PSP? May just pick up 7....is it like FF games are joined by theme/setting/genre rather than plot?

Ys Chronicles is a remake of Ys 1 and 2, hopefully better than the DS version.

Adol appears in all the games, they are all loosely joined by plot, part from Ys II starts directly from the end of I, Adol is the hero in all of the games is joined by Dogi after Ys II and that's all you need to know really. The locations and overall story changes for every game.

Ok cool thanks for the heads up. May pick up the virtual console versions see I actually like them before dropping money on new game!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

so I was looking at videogames.ca and noticed their store is in the next town from where my girlfriend lives in Canada so I'm going to pop to the store whilst I'm there rather than order it online! Gonna defintely pick up on of the Ys games and maybe a few other bits!

Oath in Felghana arrived today! Still haven't finished Ys Seven though. Might just jump straight into this though.

Sign in to follow this