NEurope
Kirkatronics

What Makes NE, NE?

Actually I think that's quite a select few threads, but it can be difficult.

I found it quite difficult to make the tranistion from the gaming boards to the social ones.

It took me a long time too really, but maybe Shorty's right... the (perhaps) sorry state of gaming at the moment (just go and watch the cartoon games video in the Retro Board... yes members, we have one of those, to be reminded of great games), maybe does mean less and less people visit the Nintendo board etc... and more people seem to be joining for General chat nowadays.

I felt like I had to make the move into General as that's where the community is now. I enjoy it and all, but it's not the reason you join a Nintendo forum in the first place.

Don't get me wrong though, our community's great.

Much change I have seen... ;)

Not really sure what keeps me coming back here. Just keeping an eye on it I guess :p

Generally, people here don't take themselves too seriously. This value has been lost a little bit over the years, but unfortuantely that's what happens when there's more than 10 frequent posters around I suppose :P I was never a big fan of the thread merges, it got to the stage where the only new threads you would see was someone having a sook about this, that, and everything. I guess I come here to have fun, not to read depressing stories lol. I remember back in the day someone would post something emo like that, and we'd lock the thread saying "thanks for the life story *locked*" hahaha.

I come here to have fun, so I stay well away from those threads.. There's still plenty of fun threads that get made, and plenty of fun-poking. The recent Rez photo shop thread was classic :D Great example of someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously, that's what makes this place fun for me :)

I love N-Europe...my second "main" forum, after a US one that ReZ, Chair and I all hail from originally (unless ReZ was here before he was on that site, dunno).

"Growing up" a lot over the last few years means that I just find a lot of the discussion over there...dull. I much prefer this European board to that US one. Less inane chatter.

I started my N-Europe (I think it was Revo-Europe then) in the Wii Board. Nowadays I rarely go there. I think gaming takes up a smaller part of my life now, though I'm still very interested in gaming and looking forward to the big releases. On N-E, though, I just love hanging out in General Chit Chat more than anything else. I love the fact that while this is a Nintendo forum, it's not restricted to Nintendo at all.

Much change I have seen... ;)
I find it sad that most people here, regulars even, won't really know who you are! And many people don't know things like jayseven used to be an admin, and he used to go by a different name. Or remember Sven or Svt4Him. Or have known the Uber Leets and watched the attempted (and hilarious) revolution (not) take place. Orrr... ever have taken part in a signature competition. Or have been part of "Am I the only female??" thread, which was basically the original "Meaningless Post of the Day" thread. Edited by Shorty

Was the revolution Harribo-gate? I was around for that, but missed the actual bulk of the thread/s in which the big action took place.

I loved that dubbed video though.

Its the members that make this place so good to me.

Rez has something about him that i still can't put my finger on, he's a true legend. Flink is plain awesome especially on MSN, same goes for Danny (still the best export since Carlsberg!!). EEVIL has something about him that is both weird and wonderful, especially the Arnie comments he produces randomly. All the staff, mods and admins are great, all up for a laugh anytime to be fair (too many to name all, but some that spring to mind include jayseven, Tellyn and Shorty).

Other members that make this place as good as it is to me include Raining, Coolfunkman and Moogleviper. There are too many great members to name, so i say to everyone "Thankyou" for making this place so great.

If it wasn't for the members, i don't know if N:E would be the same.

What makes NE, NE? The community obviously, but a discussion about the community....wouldn't that be Who makes NE, NE? It's rude to imply that the members are What's, perhaps we're Hey's and want to destroy everything, and our greatest weapon is a floating 8-ball.

I like this place because all the members are so varied, and generally there is a good discussion going on somewhere. I usually just lurk most threads with an occasional post though. I do know who most of the members are though, by looking at Avatars or Names. (I'm good with names) For the most part members are accepting of other opinions. The only forums I truly frequent are small communities with good members, NE included. I don't like the large places like SA or Gaia or GT. They're too large which inadvertnly invites in the all the trolls and dregs of internet society that I just can't stand to deal with.

I suppose its probably down to the pretty tight-knit community this place has had over the different incarnations and years. I'm not sure if it's as good as it was with all the different factions and characters there used to be. There doesn't seem to me anywhere near as many new or epic threads as in the days of C-E, and it does seem to have drifted to be more than just a Nintendo forum, but that's probably down to the shitness of the Wii more than anything. I do miss folks like Offerman and Blackbird and assorted others. I suppose there are some alright people here, maybe Ashley, Caris and Raining? Don't know they might be lame too.

I know I probably shouldn't say because I haven't been here long but, in my opinion, what makes NE, NE is the fact that most of the time, people can have an opinion and no-one takes the piss about it. Also, most of the users on here make some funny posts and threads and I'm always interested in reading them.

I think that users make NE for what it is today. Dannyboy, ReZ, Villan, Paj, Oxigen, Warandchaos, Haggis, Chairdriver, RetroLink, Eenuh...too many to mention but most users post interesting things and it's a pleasure to read :)

To be honest, I haven't disliked anyone on here and, this is me being honest, the only person I didn't really like was Rokhed....whatever happened to him?

Fresh. Fresh makes NE, NE.

Aside from that I don't really have anything else to add aside from what most other people have said. Community... Blah..... People.... Blah.....

I think it has something to do with the size of the community, not too big or too small, just the way I like. But to be honest I don't think I have that much left in comon with most of the current members, there was a more tangible reason for me to join it back when I lurked C-E and the first year of R-E/N-E.

I think it has something to do with the size of the community, not too big or too small, just the way I like.

That's a good point, there are enough people to keep things interesting but not so many as to be unable to remember who's who. There are plenty of personalities who you can laugh and joke with in threads but also those who you can build friendships with easily as well.

I've been here just over a year now and I must say that on the whole, it's a great place. Sure, some members annoy me, but then I don't believe for a second that I've not done the same to someone else.

Whilst I've only ever met one forum member in person, I've a couple on my msn list, some of whom I've gotten to know, and let them me also, quite well - more so than some of my friends in real life. In fact one of those individuals is in some ways quite responsible for the change in my character over the last year - something for which I'm very grateful.

This is a good place to be, and probably a lot better than other gaming forums out there. There are some right hell holes out there! So, thankfully we've got a nicer bunch of people and plenty of threads for people to post in.

The good thing about the forum is the liberation, I think. The freedom to post what you want without somebody asking for the thread to be locked, or for the topic to quickly turn into spam. If we lose that freedom, then I think the forum will lost a piece of its "heart."

But, that's no means to say everyone posts crap, or anything like that! It seems like there is a lot of mutual respect here. There's good atmosphere, it's not too over-policied, so the posters back that up with good posts. The only thing I would like to see is the forum and main-site attract more people. I don't think the site has the same pull as it did in the C-E days. Since the jump over to R-E, it's been at a stand-still, I think.

What makes NE, NE?

The fact that we're a damn family. For real. Everyone here has something special about them, truely. Just look at the freaking meet today. We must have had about 25 members, including ex-members! All these people coming together and having a fantastic day.

Apart from that, everyone has a unique personality and it is just great. You'll have laughs with people, and you'll have arguments with people, but I bet no one would change a single aspect of this site.

I won't mention specific names cos' you're all totally fucking sweet. All of you.

Tis a very good place indeed, there's usually something you get to discuss that you wouldn't have thought you would've discussed on that day, plus you learn a lot be it what's going on in the world, whats going to be on TV or even learning a bit about writing techniques etc. Plus having the occasional fart in the Wii board is also a good laugh.

It's actually amazing because I have been here since the C-E days which was x many years ago but it really is strange with how I've stuck to the place. No-one ever leaves! I don't remember when I found the site, but it was around the time that Prime released.

I like it here cause threads usually have a decent lifespan and people here are USUALLY open-minded to different opinions. That and i cant be bothered to make an account elsewhere.

I make N-E what it is. Awesome.

You are the foreskin to N-Europe's penis. To some, you are quite funny. To others, you just get in the way. To most, we could live without you.

I joke! You're cool. Plus, you're named after a hooooover.

You are the foreskin to N-Europe's penis. To some, you are quite funny. To others, you just get in the way. To most, we could live without you.

Today I have been called/described as a foreskin, a legend, a cunt and a main character in an RPG. I'm not sure which is the most accurate :heh:

Nah, but really this place is what it is because of the people, as I said in my 10k thread the other day basically. Love y'all.

I do miss folks like Offerman and Blackbird and assorted others.

Blackbird was pr0.

Offerman was also good, but the moment he got a girlfriend he suddenly became tame and eventually dissolved from the forums, but not from our memories.

I thought the site was Jewish?

and a special mention for Eddage cos family matters!

Only way I'm gonna get a mention :cry:

Nah, I jest. With regards to the whole "there's not enough game chat" thing, I actually like it because of this. I know I can come here and talk about life, anything from the good times to the bad, but of course if I want to talk about games then I can do that as well!

I really think you'll be pushed to find another forum on the net where people get a long so well (I know there are a few people who don't get on great) and I think the meet this weekend proved that. About 25 people turned up in the end and I'm pretty sure everyone got on with everyone and I think I would be saying the same thing if there were another 10/15 people there.

Rez is funny and I'm starting to see Goaferboys lolz too recently.

For me there are a few members who posts i think 'oooo' to:

Dyson, Goaferboy, coolness, raining, caris (now), flinky, eenuh, J7, and proboboly others but my mind isnt fully functioning.

Bit late to this, but cheers guys. Always good to feel welcome, especially since I still feel kind of new here.

The meet made me realise people here are pretty rockin. I didn't meet a single person I didn't like. It was a proper hippy love fest.

i think its the general respect for each outher, as in, we dont call eachouther "gay" or "n00b" or "race horse molester".

Actually, drop the "race" and I think someone was called each of those at the meet.