NEurope
Kirkatronics

What Makes NE, NE?

What members make NE a pleasurable stay fo you, and who make it a tormenting journey?

For me there are a few members who posts i think 'oooo' to:

Dyson, Goaferboy, coolness, raining, caris (now), flinky, eenuh, J7, and proboboly others but my mind isnt fully functioning.

Rez is funny and I'm starting to see Goaferboys lolz too recently. Other than that the same people you've mentioned above, flinky, Dannyboy and jay are often good at sharing things and coming up with cool threads, coolness is ALWAYS HAPPY which is lovely, and yeah, just the other people you've mentioned plus a lot more.

People I am not such a fan of include people who go onto other boards and flame just to cause arguments (I'm thinking of Choze, dwarf [sometimes] and most recently the man with two accounts, Tissue Town). I wouldn't say that they're terrible people or anything, just that sometimes they take discussions away from important things in order to pursue arguments (or at least 'heated discussions') and I have never thought that NE is about that.

I'll tell you what makes NE what it is, and that's all the people. Everyone has something to add and contribute, whether its funny, insightful or just plain stupid/odd, everyone here makes this place what it is, and what it this is place is, is AWESOME.

its not like it use to be. i think they banned too many good people ... stuwii, solitanze, assofman

... also the new mods/staff are a bit "different" from the old ones.

... and don't mention the portugese! ;)

btw... i cant see this ending well if we just name the poeple we love and hate.

Edited by blender

its not like it use to be. i think they banned too many good people ... stuwii, solitanze, assofman

I didnt notice Stuwii had gone.

What else can I say? This forum is filled with great, friendly, memorable users. :) This is the only forum I frequent because of this.

I probably don't have the right to say so since I haven't been a member for long, but I have to agree with Nintendohnut.

I'll tell you what makes NE what it is, and that's all the people. Everyone has something to add and contribute, whether its funny, insightful or just plain stupid/odd, everyone here makes this place what it is, and what it this is place is, is AWESOME.

This is sooo true.

... also the new mods/staff are a bit "different" from the old ones.

:wtf:

Different in a good way, blender me old chum, right?

Different in the same way Jesus appeared different when he came back from the dead. I mean, even Peter did not recognise him until Jesus flashed him his wounds.

So anyway... the main difference nowadays is that no one cares about zelda's timeline anymore ... and there just isnt much heated nintendo debate ... I try and get involved in the general forum but it deals with too many real issues and people get hurt.

Thanks, Nintendohnut. :)

I have to agree, the thing that truly makes this place special is the members. There are so many awesome members in here: ReZ has a wonderful randomness to him, Supergrunch is intelligent as heck, and Coolness is the happiest guy I have ever "met". Raining_again is great to talk to, Jimbob's a terribly friendly guy, bluey's hyperactivity always cheers me up, and MoogleViper's dry wit never fails to make me laugh. Then there's Dyson, Ashley, jayseven, Pooki, Eenuh, Nintendohnut, Rummy, Tellyn, Cube, EEVIL ...

... and a whole bunch of other people! :D Too many to mention, to be fair. Even if I didn't mention you, you're probably awesome anyway! :D

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Different in the same way Jesus appeared different when he came back from the dead. I mean, even Peter did not recognise him until Jesus flashed him his wounds.

So anyway... the main difference nowadays is that no one cares about zelda's timeline anymore ... and there just isnt much heated nintendo debate ... I try and get involved in the general forum but it deals with too many real issues and people get hurt.

Aye, there used to be plenty of Zelda talk way back when because there was a Zelda specific board. Since that was done away with the Zelda chatter is mainly just about the individual games.

The Zelda timeline is a shambles anyway. :heh:

i only "know" ppl here by their avatars

so uhhh

Thats hpow i recognize a lot of people too.

Thats why i dont like it so much when people change theirs.

For me its gotta be the guys here in ballymena (buttons, nando, darksnowman) that really make the forum! ^__^

(by the way that title makes no grammatical sense and burns my brain)

Edited by Raining_again

Different in a good way.:heart:

For me its gotta be the guys here in ballymena (buttons, nando, darksnowman) that really make the forum! ^__^

(by the way that title makes no grammatical sense and burns my brain)

I missed the S out, but didnt hink anyone noticed =[

try saying it really fast and your tongue goes in and out so fast - like a snake

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

"what make ne ne"

Seriously...try it out loud and report back when your brain explodes or yoou bite your tougue off

Hmmm.... what makes NE, NE? A question one might ask.

In all honesty, not one individual thing or person makes NE, at least for me. It's the collection of like and different minds and personalities that make it what it is: an enjoyable place to come and visit knowing you're in good company and converse on just about anything.

I haven't spoken to many NE-ers on a 1 to 1 basis but those I have spoken to are those that make me continue to come back. They know who they are, or at least should. But there are people who I haven't spoken to, really, that still make me want to come to the forums because of their personalities.

Edited by Ganepark32

Stuwii is not banned... Solitanze is a crazy person. I have never even heard of the last guy so he can't have been that good. And if you're going to list the people we banned, why not start with the actual cool people we wish we'd never had to ban? Y'know, the ones from that 'epic thread' who keep sneaking back in under new user names and thinking we haven't noticed. Oh and FYI, anyone who has been banned in the last year or so has broken a pretty lenient three strike rule that we laid out quite clearly. So give it a rest, yeah?

To me what made N-E what it is has changed a lot, it was a community of people I had gotten to know very well online, but then many of them left and I got a much busier 'real' life. I'm not really complaining, but my point is that for me the community is now (largely) a completely new group. For many of you guys, you're in the same position I once was, and hopefully that is still what makes NE, NE... for you guys.

OK, that didn't make a lot of sense, but my point is it's always the community. Even when the people change, they are the point of the forum, it wouldn't work if we were all anonymous, or if nobody stuck around. N-E is you guys, it's not Nintendo or forum layouts or news or the latest discussion, but the people behind it all.

Edited by Shorty

I suppose it's the community's ability to have a mature conversation. We can talk about sex, sexual orientation, politics, peadophilia, racism, homophobia... I just can't imagine many other forums where that could happen. The members would either be embarassed, close minded or immature.

Yeah was just gonna say, Stuwii hasn't been banned.

Personally I think there's been a bit too much of a shift away from gaming on this forum, there used to be far more Nintendo chatter than there is now and there are a lot of people who just use this forum for the general board, but hey... if we've got one it's gonna get used so...

But to me it does feel like the 'community' is more in the General chat now, which bothers me somewhat, but still.

People who make the board?...

The other staff and mods, generally anyone i've added as a friend, and a few others too, the colection of us that use the F1 thread, and a special mention for Eddage cos family matters!

Personally I think there's been a bit too much of a shift away from gaming on this forum, there used to be far more Nintendo chatter than there is now

That's not because we've changed... it's because Nintendo has changed. When I joined N(64)-E it was to talk about "Project Dolphin" and get excited about the incoming new console. I loved my GC and played it all the time. But personally the Wii has been an immense disappointment and I haven't been in the Wii boards for ages :/

i think its the general respect for each outher, as in, we dont call eachouther "gay" or "n00b" or "race horse molester". we actualy see to accept differing views, and be very tollerant.

that, and alot of you are clicky as hell. not in the dolphin way, as in msn each outher, hang out irl etc.

i think a good comparison is nintendo official magazine forum.. they really are the dark side or maybe just a younger crowd... they even have a separate pokemon forum

that, and alot of you are clicky as hell. not in the dolphin way, as in msn each outher, hang out irl etc.

I think you mean clique? :heh: yeah, I've noticed that, a lot of people tend to take over threads in groups of 2-4 and basically just have individual conversations that it's difficult to enter into, which I do worry puts off new users. But then I'm guilty of the "hang out irl" part of your post so I can't say much.

I think you mean clique? :heh: yeah, I've noticed that, a lot of people tend to take over threads in groups of 2-4 and basically just have individual conversations that it's difficult to enter into, which I do worry puts off new users.
Actually I think that's quite a select few threads, but it can be difficult.