NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

ScrewAttack's Top 10 Cartoon Games!

This gem of a video brought back so many memories. These were good old days when developers actually cared when they got hold of a license, happy days.

The fact that every one of those games is so old shows how crap things are these days with licensed games. :(

GT are biased towards SNES games, aren't they? Not a single mention of World of Illusion or Tiny Toons for the Mega Drive. Their reviews in general also like to leave out the MD version.

At least they showed a small clip of that Pink Panther game I used to own, which wasn't half-bad, I suppose.

But yeah, I miss the good old times where cartoon-based games would have some decent polish behind them.

GT are biased towards SNES games, aren't they? Not a single mention of World of Illusion or Tiny Toons for the Mega Drive. Their reviews in general also like to leave out the MD version.

At least they showed a small clip of that Pink Panther game I used to own, which wasn't half-bad, I suppose.

But yeah, I miss the good old times where cartoon-based games would have some decent polish behind them.

Its ScrewAttack, not GT. :heh:

I think they are well balanced with the Video Game Vault stuff- they've covered stuff like Streets of Rage, Ristar and others so its always looked ok to me. Being a Snes child though, I'm always glad to see a Snes game I know or own get some limelight.

Their one game per franchise policy is probably why those games you say about got missed out on in this top ten. For example, Buster Busts Loose got a passing mention but they think the Nes Tiny Toons is better so thats why it made the list and any other Tiny Toons games didn't.

Awesome video!

I thought No.1 was gonna be Bart vs. the Space Mutants which I wouldn't agree with, but I'd forgotten the arcade game, damn that was awesome!!

Turtles arcade, awesome aswell!

lol at singing along to Chip and Dale, was a great cartoon! Bucky O'Hare aswell!

Its ScrewAttack, not GT. :heh:

Bah! Same difference :heh:

I think they are well balanced with the Video Game Vault stuff- they've covered stuff like Streets of Rage, Ristar and others so its always looked ok to me. Being a Snes child though, I'm always glad to see a Snes game I know or own get some limelight.

Their one game per franchise policy is probably why those games you say about got missed out on in this top ten. For example, Buster Busts Loose got a passing mention but they think the Nes Tiny Toons is better so thats why it made the list and any other Tiny Toons games didn't.

I suppose I can forgive them in this video because of that rule. And yes, they covered neat Mega Drive games in the past.

But when they cover games that came out in both systems, you notice it more.

For example, when covering an old Power Rangers game, they briefly said an MD version existed, but was inferior because it lacked the classic PR music (a valid complaint, really). But when covering Virtual Bart, they fail to mention the MD exists at all. And it was quite different than from what I've seen on those SNES clips.

They did have an exception in the Micro Machines review, though, so I suppose it's not all that bad.

I noticed a brief glimpse of Pink Panther goes to Hollywood, loved that game!

Also, where was Road Runner's Death Valley Rally?

Also, where was Road Runner's Death Valley Rally?

I remember that game - I remember it being really difficult too.

I remember playing the simpsons game for 20p per go in the arcade.

Spent pounds upon pounds. I bet it worked out to hundred including my brothers over a few years on that alone.

Edited by Kirkatronics

I've played just about all of those! And owned Duck Tales, which I was waiting to appear. Because it's fucking awesome.

*Plays Boss theme*

pr0.

Awesome video!

I thought No.1 was gonna be Bart vs. the Space Mutants which I wouldn't agree with, but I'd forgotten the arcade game, damn that was awesome!!

Turtles arcade, awesome aswell!

lol at singing along to Chip and Dale, was a great cartoon! Bucky O'Hare aswell!

Same here, which was both amazingly hard and shit.

Insanely hard!... not helped by the joystick I had!

THE SIMPSONS ARCADE GAME!

Oh my fuck, I just had a nostalgia attack! I remember everytime I went on holiday to Wales, everytime we went to the same club, we played that Simpsons arcade game. Me, and my two brothers. But we never, ever, completed it. I can't even remember how far we got. But then, one year, they took it away. :cry:

If we ever saw it again now, we would play it and we would fucking beat that son of a bastard! This nostalgia feels so good, it's like the greatest ever dump, wank and sneeze all rolled into one!

I heard the SNES (or was it NES?) version had severe control issues. I didn't feel any issues in the MD version, though (although it was still pretty hard and somewhat mediocre)

tis is very true.. especially when they talked about alladin at one stage im like fuck sake the MD version is way way better...!

tiny toons: busters hidden treasure is an underated gem as you mentioned above..

I do find that aspect of screwattack annoying.. Megadrive was easily as good as the snes if not better in some ways.

For example, Buster Busts Loose got a passing mention but they think the Nes Tiny Toons is better so thats why it made the list and any other Tiny Toons games didn't.

this is true.. but they mentioned the snes tiny toons game and the snes tiny toons games are terrible :)

this was where it was at :)

tis is very true.. especially when they talked about alladin at one stage im like fuck sake the MD version is way way better...!

tiny toons: busters hidden treasure is an underated gem as you mentioned above..

I do find that aspect of screwattack annoying.. Megadrive was easily as good as the snes if not better in some ways.

this is true.. but they mentioned the snes tiny toons game and the snes tiny toons games are terrible :)

this was where it was at :)

Ah-ha, you sure know what you're talking about :)

I had almost forgotten that Aladdin game. I checked out the supposed SNES version and I was quite surprised to see something so different from the great MD version. I also remember a PC version, similar to the Mega Drive version (although a bit weird. A few platforms were different sizes for no reason at all, for example)

And that Tiny Toons game...You sure brought back a lot of memories with that video. That game really was excellent, with so many levels, different paths, catchy music, amazing little touches and attention to detail... Watching the video, I also see plenty of similarities with the Sonic games. Good similarities, I mean.

I wish my Mega Drive was still working :(

Sign in to follow this