NEurope
flameboy

Jellyfish...

They are 95% water ffs yet they amaze me!!! Here are some pics we took at the sea life centre today!

5380_224868610186_506080186_7867970_4068849_n.jpg

5380_224868625186_506080186_7867972_3051022_n.jpg

5380_224868635186_506080186_7867974_354898_n.jpg

They just look incredible and so amazing! If somebody told me that it turns out they were actually aliens I would probably believe them, they just look so plain out wierd.

Jellyfish are all nice in a tank, not so much when they sting your bloody leg when you're at the beach. :mad:

I've been stung several times by jellyfish, vicious bastards. When I went to Ibiza last year, the sea was swarming with lots of miniature ones... surprisingly, I didn't get stung at all. :heh: If you get a pair of snorkels, there's something quite graceful about the way they swim and move underwater. It's lovely to watch, until they make a beeline for you. ;)

It's odd that you would make such a thread as just a few days ago me and my mates were talking about how amazing jellyfish look and how they seem almost like aliens, it made me go and buy Endless Ocean!

a few years ago when I was in spain I saw one swimming for the first time (as opposed to the washed up ones that just look like big lumps of fat on the floor) and it looked beautiful with all of the colours and the way it moved, I was so shocked.

Hate the bastards. They make swimming in the sea a dangerous job. No brain or heart. Just water, floating water, with a bunch of nasty stings. Pointless. If I were Jesus, I'd ask God to get rid of the bastards, hopefully with little or no damage to the ecosystem.

Jellyfish are good creatures, just as long as you don't pose a threat.

They are graceful the way they move about.

I was in vancouver a few years ago, and managed to get a few pictures of them at the aquarium there. None of them turned out though.

jellies1.jpg

jellies2.jpg

jellies3.jpg

They are weird creatures, but there are weirder in the sea.

When I was in Miami last year I had my feat in the ocean on a beach and I looked down and saw one about a foot from my leg. I got out of the water rather fast, and I wasn't all that keen on going into it again for the rest of the trip.

Edit: For some reason the pictures don't seem to be loading.

Edited by Emasher

I was in vancouver a few years ago, and managed to get a few pictures of them at the aquarium there. None of them turned out though.

jellies1.jpg

jellies2.jpg

jellies3.jpg

They are weird creatures, but there are weirder in the sea.

When I was in Miami last year I had my feat in the ocean on a beach and I looked down and saw one about a foot from my leg. I got out of the water rather fast, and I wasn't all that keen on going into it again for the rest of the trip.

Edit: For some reason the pictures don't seem to be loading.

No pictures in the spoiler box mate =[

No pictures in the spoiler box mate =[

Read the edit, I can't seem to get them to work atm.

They're not good pictures anyway.

Read the edit, I can't seem to get them to work atm.

They're not good pictures anyway.

Sorry, i looked then came back later to tell you.

arent we like, 90% water or something...?

then again aren't 83% of all statistics bullshit...??

SQUISHY!! ^__^/

It seems like this thread is against pictures as none of them are working :P

And yeah although they do look beautiful they do make swimming in the sea rather scary, im lucky enough to have not been stung by one of the swines though :)

Serves me right for hotlinking.:)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_close.jpg/800px-Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_close.jpg

http://www.photopassjapan.com/images/img%206646%20osaka%20wan%20tenpozan%20kaiyukan%20takaashigani%20-%20osaka%20aquarium%20giant%20spider%20crab.jpg

War of the Worlds anyone? Their leg span can grow to up to 12ft and they have really tiny bodies.

I kind of have a phobia of swimming in the sea.. Rip tides are not nice to be caught in.

Edited by Pyxis

Serves me right for hotlinking.:)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_close.jpg/800px-Spider_crabs_at_the_Kaiyukan_Aquarium_in_Osaka_close.jpg

http://www.photopassjapan.com/images/img%206646%20osaka%20wan%20tenpozan%20kaiyukan%20takaashigani%20-%20osaka%20aquarium%20giant%20spider%20crab.jpg

War of the Worlds anyone? Their leg span can grow to up to 12ft and they have really tiny bodies.

I kind of have a phobia of swimming in the sea.. Rip tides are not nice to be caught in.

Those spider crabs make my arachnophobia tingle a bit.