NEurope

Different coloured schemes were suggested some while back (what's not to love about grey?) and I was on a creative bint last week so ladies and gentlemen I give you....

Pika!

1o4ppy.jpg

I am unashamedly on a Pokémon re-obsession at the moment and this combines that with my love of gaudy colours. Eevilmurray described it nicely as "like those websites which launched when Pokémon did" and that's kinda what I was going for. A bit over the top but in a fun childish way.

Header thanks to GCTonyHawk64

It's-A-Me, Mario!

rk0co2.jpg

A dark purpley scheme to counteract the Pokémon one. It has a starry background which I know at certain points doesn't look 'right' due to conflicting layers meaning it gets cut off mid-star but its the best we can do and I'm sure you'll agree overall it works quite nicely :)

Header thanks to RedShell

Now What?

Well that's two over and done with and for future ones I am open to suggestions. I have a few ideas for what I want to do but any specific colours or themes (obviously Nintendo related, no Halo :p) speak now or forever hold your peace.

If you have any issues with these schemes please let me know in this topic, and with a screenshot would be awesome.

Enjoy :D

Edited by Ashley

Ive just switched to the Mario one, looking good.

Now I want a Phoenix Wright one!

Holy crap Pika destroys my eyes. Also, The pokemon on the title bars obscure some writing occasionally. (eg the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" is lost beyond "Viewing")

Mario is too dark for me. Boring old Stretchable it will have to be.

A mii related one? I'm not sure of a theme but just thought you might come up with someting nice :) Looking good Ash..I mean the themes not you.

SHENMUE!!!

Not on a Nintendo console....yet :p

Ive just switched to the Mario one, looking good.

Now I want a Phoenix Wright one!

Holy crap Pika destroys my eyes. Also, The pokemon on the title bars obscure some writing occasionally. (eg the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" is lost beyond "Viewing")

Mario is too dark for me. Boring old Stretchable it will have to be.

Yeah the Pokemon one isn't for anyone with too sensitive eyes (and this is toned down from what it was before :heh:). And I'm aware about the extended writing but I figure most people will know what is is...or not particularly care no? If more people have a problem with this let me know anywho :)

Schemes in the future will be more of a middle ground.

A mii related one? I'm not sure of a theme but just thought you might come up with someting nice :) Looking good Ash..I mean the themes not you.

I do have an awesome idea regarding that actually. Stay tuned.

I've never once used a different theme but put up the super mario galaxy one and love it...its gorgeous kinda miss the awesome site banners though so not sure if I will stick with it and the grey is quite simple and none descipt makes it better for viewing at work...

Well I assume a Brawl one will be forthcoming obviously - any chance of some Starfox? Maybe in the style of the original for us grizzled SNES veterans? Y'know, when men were men, and I mean real men with faces that grew out of their beards.

Loving the Pokemon theme, BTW.

Can you make a green forum scheme so we don't have to read ReZ's posts? Maybe a Yoshi themed one?

Mhm raining did suggest one like that to me last night. Will get onto it after I sort out some real life stuff that kinda went on the backburner ^_^

I would really like a minimal mobile/iPhone/iPod Touch friendly theme like this.

Truth!

Mhm raining did suggest one like that to me last night. Will get onto it after I sort out some real life stuff that kinda went on the backburner ^_^

Anything to skive work ^^;

:D

That Pikachu theme is AWESOME.

And I find it highly contradicting after poking fun at my profile. On the plus side my profile merges perfectly with the new scheme :D

So unfortunately my eyes couldn't handle the Pokemon one for a day; and I've had to switch to the SMG one, and I've instantly found myself enjoying N-E about 20x more again as a result of not having to flinch :heh:

Problem spotted! On the SMG theme the red/green/blue names are way too bright. Could do with turning down a few tones, especially the staffer names :heh:

These are completely awesome. Now using the Mario Galaxy one after a few minutes of eye-pain inducing Pika theme. I wanted to keep it but I feel it would look a little too odd if a yellow glow was eminating from my laptop all the time. This is my first change for a long while, I've had the 'Cube Europe Black' theme for as long as I can remember.

I am excited about the prospect of the 'mobile/iPhone' theme that you're creating, hope it's funky!