NEurope
flameboy

Car Boot Bargains!

Got these for £12 this morning.

SN853171_zps5d9b2778.jpg

Not sure if it was a good deal or not... £3 each, not bad I guess.

@Zechs Merquise, boxed Probotector with instructions, cartridge case & polystyrene block worth £3?

He had a wavebird as well but without the wireless adaptor. It was in a poor state so I told him to hold onto it until he had found the adaptor and he would get more for it.

It's worth it for Metal Gear Solid alone :heh:

Got these for £12 this morning.

SN853171_zps5d9b2778.jpg

Not sure if it was a good deal or not... £3 each, not bad I guess.

[MENTION=2344]Boxed Probotector with instructions, cartridge case & polystyrene block worth £3?

Are you kidding Lost? The last copy of Probotector that went on eBay in the same condition as yours went for over £30! :o

£12 for the lot is an absolute steal! : peace:

Out of interest did you buy Probotector to go in your collection or for its potential value? Just curious because I'd consider trading for it if you were interested. :)

If you've got a working NES around though I'd recommend giving it a play as it's a great retro title. :awesome:

Are you kidding Lost? The last copy of Probotector that went on eBay in the same condition as yours went for over £30! :o

£12 for the lot is an absolute steal! : peace:

Out of interest did you buy Probotector to go in your collection or for its potential value? Just curious because I'd consider trading for it if you were interested. :)

If you've got a working NES around though I'd recommend giving it a play as it's a great retro title. :awesome:

Nah, I wasn't kidding. I thought I might have paid too much for them.

Anyway, after I posted that, I tested Probotector and the arcade stick out.

Probotector works fine and looks great for a NES title and the arcade stick is awesome, tested it with Golden Axe. Brought back memories of playing it in the arcade back in the day that did.

I wasn't aware it was worth that much, he passed me it and the two PS games as I was having a look at the arcade stick. Very rare to find boxed NES games at car boots so I bought it and I've sold MGS & FF7 before but noticed their value has gone down a lot over the last year or so plus I don't like paying more than £1 for PS1 games.

Regarding trading, I have been building my NES games collection up over the last couple of years so I was planning on keeping it but it depends on what you have to trade for it.

Bit of damage to the bottom right hand corner of the box, looks like he squashed it while taking it to the car boot.

Nah, I wasn't kidding. I thought I might have paid too much for them.

I wasn't aware it was worth that much, he passed me it and the two PS games as I was having a look at the arcade stick. Very rare to find boxed NES games at car boots so I bought it and I've sold MGS & FF7 before but noticed their value has gone down a lot over the last year or so plus I don't like paying more than £1 for PS1 games.

Regarding trading, I have been building my NES games collection up over the last couple of years so I was planning on keeping it but it depends on what you have to trade for it.

Bit of damage to the bottom right hand corner of the box, looks like he squashed it while taking it to the car boot.

Ah fair enough, as a general rule near enough any boxed NES game is worth paying £3 for these days as they are rare to find, there were some Gameboy games which were boxed at my local charity shop recently but they were all £5 apart from one which was £10 for some odd reason :blank: so I just went with the boxed copy of Tetris 2 which was worth it just to have a boxed copy in my collection. :)

If you're building up a NES collection then definitely keep it, I was only asking in case you were thinking of selling it on or trading it. : peace:

I can completely understand you not wanting to take a gamble on PS1 games, loads of them aren't worth much more than a pound but there are a good few rarities plus MGS and FF are always staples which will always be worth £5 on a really bad bad or over £10 if they are on a high so I'd say you did really well, plus 'dat arcade stick!' :awesome:

Will be going down to my local car boot this week for sure, didn't pick up much last week but this time it'll be a good one, I can just feel it. :D

If you're building up a NES collection then definitely keep it, I was only asking in case you were thinking of selling it on or trading it. : peace:

If I decide to sell it, I'll let you know.

Going to keep an eye on where this one finishes.

Man I'd say that $12 is worth it for the arcade stick alone. Love that bloody thing!

I'm pretty pleased with this week...

jr4phf.jpg

Grandia II, Ratchet Gladiator and Ratchet & Clank 3

All complete, in fantastic condition for £6

I'm really happy because I've got a few more games for my PS2 collection and I was actually after Grandia II because I've never played it. :D

I hate you all...

Car boot sales aren't a thing in Germany :(

But I want sooooo many games....:blank:

Didn't do too bad at a car boot this morning, my first real bargain in over a year really.

SN853382_zpsgxjogitt.jpg

£2 for a N64 with no leads & PSU, Controller, Transfer Pak & Super Gameboy.

Not fussed about it missing the leads and PSU as I've been looking for one to keep as a spare.

Regarding the Transfer Pak, what games are compatible with it, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Perfect Dark?

Didn't do too bad at a car boot this morning, my first real bargain in over a year really.

SN853382_zpsgxjogitt.jpg

£2 for a N64 with no leads & PSU, Controller, Transfer Pak & Super Gameboy.

Not fussed about it missing the leads and PSU as I've been looking for one to keep as a spare.

Regarding the Transfer Pak, what games are compatible with it, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Perfect Dark?

Mario Golf and Mario Tennis are also compatible.

Mario Golf and Mario Tennis are also compatible.

If only I still owned those games!

Thanks to my brother going to the car boot today I now own one of these beauties...

Yes... a PaRappa the Rapper alarm clock! :D

I never even knew such a thing existed until today, apparently it was only released in Japan - wouldn't you know - :indeed: but it was complete, had only a couple of light scuffs on it after cleaning it up, battery compartment intact, clock mechanism and alarm all fine too unless you fiddle with the switches too much which sets the alarm off but once it's all set you just leave it and it's fine.

Cost only £3 at a car boot, seems it's worth a bit more than that but we worked out a good trade, so he's happy and so am I as I actually wanted to buy a new alarm clock but I never imagined I'd end up with something like this. :)

Also got a few PS1 games including Final Fantasy IX in good condition but no manual, paid him a fair price for those - we often end up finding stuff that either of us want so we work out a fair deal or a straight trade - plus he found a few things he was looking for as well.

I guess the car boot season is still very much on, if the weather is good next week I'll head up there as well I think as its been a little while now since I last went.

Edited by S.C.G

Thanks to my brother going to the car boot today I now own one of these beauties...

Yes... a PaRappa the Rapper alarm clock! :D

I never even knew such a thing existed until today, apparently it was only released in Japan - wouldn't you know - :indeed: but it was complete, had only a couple of light scuffs on it after cleaning it up, battery compartment intact, clock mechanism and alarm all fine too unless you fiddle with the switches too much which sets the alarm off but once it's all set you just leave it and it's fine.

Aw man.. I'm so jealous! That's awesome : peace:

My wife and I still regularly say 'I gotta believe!' to each other :grin:

My first bargain at a car boot in a long time.

WP_000236_zpsfffksrgz.jpg

Paid 50p for it. It was very dirty when I bought it but I've given it a good clean.

Screen has very minor scratches but has a lot of dust inside the screen so at some point I'm going to have to open it up and clean it.

Don't know what to do with it though as I don't collect handhelds.