NEurope
flameboy

Car Boot Bargains!

I need to start going to car boots. I really want a PS1 and a Gamecube and the computer shops around me are selling them for £20 but I know I can get them cheaper. When I do go to a car boot, I'll come back and tell you my finds.

Yeah definitely will got for cheaper at car boots I saw someone selling a Gamecube 2 controllers, Billy Hatcher and another game for £8 at a recent car boot. I didn't buy anything there was the worst carboot I've been to for a while.

I'll be going to my local car boot sale early(ish) tomorrow, will report back if I get any decent finds.

Nothing much to report... sometimes it's just the way it goes. :hmm:

I want to know which car boot sale @yesteryeargames goes to but I suspect he won't tell me as we'd probably be competing for the best finds if we ever turned up on the same day, it'd be like a Cornish edition of Bargain Hunt. ;)

Didn't do too bad this morning

all these for £4.50

oh nice final fantasy, metal gear solid and silent hill. They are all easily worth over £4.50 each. Well done on your buy.

all these for £4.50

SN852737.jpg

This is one thing I really miss with me importing all my games. I can't just pick up bargains like this! :cry:

Bloody amazing find there! : peace:

all these for £4.50

SN852737.jpg

Jealous that you have Grand Theft Auto and Silent Hill in black-label edition! Well done with getting that lot for under a fiver!

Does the EyeToy 3 game include the camera?

Does the EyeToy 3 game include the camera?

Yeah, all for 50p. :D

Edited by lostmario

Yesterday at my local car boot I got this...

ezgear-you-rock-guitar1.jpg

And this...

Mad-Catz-Ships-MIDI-Pro-Adapter-For-Rock-Band-3.jpg

With one of these...

midi.gif

For £12...

... to say that I'm happy would be a gross understatement. :D

Not many bargains last weekend, picked up:

- Battlefield 3 on the 360 for £4

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on PS2 for 50p unfortunately I can't get it to work even though it hardly has any scratches.

Roll on this sunday.

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on PS2 for 50p unfortunately I can't get it to work even though it hardly has any scratches.

Roll on this sunday.

Ah, CEX or Gamestation can help with disc cleaning woes! Although, may not be worth it from a cost perspective!

Probably my best morning at a car boot.

Got all this for a total of £29

SN852790.jpg

Lost Series 1 to 4 £3

5 x Games £12

Megadrive:

Space Harrier 2

NBA Jam

World of Illusion

Toe, Jam & Earl

SNES:

Donkey Kong Country

SNES Nintendo Super Scope - Boxed £9

Mario DS Holder figurine £4

Original XBOX Controller £1 (I bought an XBOX without a controller few weeks back)

Edited by lostmario

Nice haul @lostmario :) World of Illusion is a classic game so a bargain at that price, liking the Mario DS holder too.

I shall probably be attending my local car boot this Wednesday - same one I got the Midi Guitar from - if the weather is good, I'll report back if I find anything decent.

Nice haul @lostmario :) World of Illusion is a classic game so a bargain at that price, liking the Mario DS holder too.

I shall probably be attending my local car boot this Wednesday - same one I got the Midi Guitar from - if the weather is good, I'll report back if I find anything decent.

Car Boots on Wednesdays? Get a lot of sellers there? Unusual day for a car boot.

Car Boots on Wednesdays? Get a lot of sellers there? Unusual day for a car boot.

Unusual yes but this is Cornwall :p and yes it's a pretty busy car boot when the weather is nice. :)

An update on this, lent it my brother after I finished the single player and he tried the online pass and it hadn't been used.

Boo rival booter :( lol

there are already so many traders too, big fat and bald bastards who hog all the games then go stick them on their stalls, you know the ones im talking about if you go to the same boot as me.

I really need to get myself to a carboot sale, probably take @LukeLee along with me, but again, we would probably end up going for the same things :(

Best bargains i've had are in Gamestation, DK Bongo's for 99p and a boxed Gameboy Player for £1.99 come to mind. Shortly after the launch of the GBA I managed to get one from a second hand dealer for just £15 unboxed, it was still around £90 boxed at the time. I had the biggest smile on my face that day!

Just sold my original playstation, Master System + games and a car boot full (couldn't fit any more in!) this weekend.

Made £65.... ahh yeah.

Just sold my original playstation, Master System + games and a car boot full (couldn't fit any more in!) this weekend.

Made £65.... ahh yeah.

Ah man.. did you make a thread here about selling anything? Depending on what Master System games you had going, I may of been interested :p

Made £65.... ahh yeah.

Was it a Master System 1 or 2?

I would of bought the MS1....

Picked up a wavebird for £4 today

I think thats me done for this year, car boot season pretty much over.

Big bump for this thread

Just picked up a gameboy player with startup disc for £2 and got a mint condition boxed Jet Force Gemini for £4. I will hopefully finally finish it.

Big bump for this thread

Just picked up a gameboy player with startup disc for £2 and got a mint condition boxed Jet Force Gemini for £4. I will hopefully finally finish it.

Good luck with that. I tried playing it again this year and it has aged horribly. The controls of the game have made it downright unplayable.