NEurope
flameboy

Car Boot Bargains!

Ok so I posted a while back about my bargain Dreamcast and realised then a few other people do it...So started this thread to see if we can get people posting their bargains, pics included...today gaming related bargains were;

Moonwalker (Sega Master System version) £1

Gameboy Colour Console and Zool Game £2

Atari Arcade plug in and play stick with 20 odd games £1.50

Thats it for today, nearly bought a PS2 but looked dodgy condition and then another one was way over priced......Could have spent more were a few other things but didn't.

Also plenty of non gaming stuff...

I love car boots. I need to go to some more really, but night shifts make it a bit tricky.

Some highlights of my finds:

FF8 on PS1 (non platinum): 50p

Playstation console (big one) with 2 controllers and leads: £3

Also managed to get a PS2 in a good condition box (with the cardboard inserts, original bags and everything!) with a few games, multitap, stand and 4 pads for a decent price. Can't remember how much though, might have been £30.

There's something more fun about looking round car boot sales and shops like Gamestation. It's easy to find what you want on ebay, but at car boot sales you end up finding stuff you'd forgotten about or that you didn't expect to buy.

I need to go to more car boots badly...

Yeah I'm defintely gonna start going more! Need to get a master system now to play moonwalker on lol! Thinking next thing I'm gonna get is the megadrive, mega cd and 32X set up, may just get a master system converter as well...

Here is a pic of my purchases only games related ones are mentioned before others are all books;

SANY0059.jpg

That atari thing is fucking shite! Even the ports of Asteroids and Breakout are shit. Wish we had filmed me playing it, because we were just pissing ourselves making stupid comments...

I wish there were flea markets in the end of the city I'm in, there are 2 in the city, but they're both in the north east and I'm at the very south end. One day this summer I'm going to have to go to one. I went to yard sales a week or so ago, but the only game related thing I could find at all the ones I went to were a few PS2 sports games, I don't even own a PS2 (and I'm not really a big fan of sports games either) so that wasn't much use.

Still, its the only reasonable way to build up a retro collection these days. Sure, you can go on eBay, or go to a retro game store, these can be good if you're looking for something specific, but they usually charge $20 for something you could get at a flea market/car boot/yard sale for $1-$5.

Yeah I'm defintely gonna start going more! Need to get a master system now to play moonwalker on lol! Thinking next thing I'm gonna get is the megadrive, mega cd and 32X set up, may just get a master system converter as well...

flameboy, if you have a working gamegear, I have a master system converter for sale for that.

I also have a unboxed megadrive with 5-6 games (can't remember), official 3 button pad & 6 button pad.

Edited by lostmario

flameboy, if you have a working gamegear, I have a master system converter for sale for that.

I also have a unboxed megadrive with 5-6 games (can't remember), official 3 button pad & 6 button pad.

Nah no game gear....would be interested in seeing pics of the megadrive etc...

More bargains tenner for the megadrive, 50p for Broken Sword and Tazmania cost £1... the nice lord of the rings, hobbit and smillarion (sp) hardbacks cost £5...my friend bought a trombone.

SANY0277.jpg

I need to start going to car boot sales but I never seem to know when or where they are happening.

I need to start going to car boot sales but I never seem to know when or where they are happening.

Same here.

You got some more great bargains there, flameboy. :hehe:

Yep loving my latest set of bargains! Got quite hooked to Car Boots gonna miss them for the month I'm in South Africa.

Same here.

You got some more great bargains there, flameboy. :hehe:

The next one we hear of or can find, we're going : peace:

When I was younger, I used to go to a car boot sale around five minutes from my house, which was held at the local cattle market. I'm not sure if the place was an actual cattle market, or a dis-used, one. But, every Saturday they would have a market where you buy fruit, veg and other stuff, and then Sundays were Car Boot Sale days.

I used to pick up loaaaaads of second hand games there. SNES and Megadrive games in particular. I haven't been for a good load of years now, but I did pick up some sweet games. The last one I ever picked up was Super Mario World for the SNES for 2.50. :)

Here's a tip for any bargain hunters - get friendly with your local charity shops. They can't sell electrical goods because of insurance purposes so just bin them, I managed to get a NES with all leads, a US SNES minus a power cord and a sega saturn for a £5 'donation'. Oh and games don't sell very often so they get rid of them quick too - so pop in and ask, maybe leave your number in case they get some in.

Here's a tip for any bargain hunters - get friendly with your local charity shops. They can't sell electrical goods because of insurance purposes so just bin them, I managed to get a NES with all leads, a US SNES minus a power cord and a sega saturn for a £5 'donation'. Oh and games don't sell very often so they get rid of them quick too - so pop in and ask, maybe leave your number in case they get some in.

I've been thinking about looking for games at charity shops. Do you know if the insurance thing is just in the UK or elsewhere as-well?

Not from a car boot and I've already posted this in the Purchases thread, but I need to tell more people. It was a total wintastic bargain.

Got the Gamecube Broadband Adapter, in a good condition box, for £2 from Gamestation. WIN!

Can't get PSO working on the Schthack servers for love nor money though...

Not from a car boot and I've already posted this in the Purchases thread, but I need to tell more people. It was a total wintastic bargain.

Got the Gamecube Broadband Adapter, in a good condition box, for £2 from Gamestation. WIN!

Can't get PSO working on the Schthack servers for love nor money though...

I'll let that pass as it is a bargain of car boot proportions...

On my travels, Gamestation is the only place other than car boots that you can find insane bargains. Especially on more obscure things. If I'm in another town, I always try to check the local Gamestation.

Dreamcast Keyboard: £2

Secret of Mana: £19.99

Phantasy Star (Master System): £15

Phantasy Star 2 and 3 (MD): £10 for both

Steel Battalion, Expansion and Controller: £40

Game Genie Game Boy: 99p

Don't think my gamestation does any retro stuff at all :(

Neither does the one in Derby.

They pulped all their retro game stock (got that confirmed by a mate who works there) so they don't always have a lot these days. They had the odd bits and bobs. Rare games like Secret of Mana. But in my experience they're quite expensive.

Gamestation aren't bad for bargains - I picked up Banjo Tooie for a fiver in the Oxford store. It was only the cart but I still think thats a good price!