NEurope
MoogleViper

Pupils attacked by teacher

A science teacher has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a boy of 14 and two other pupils were hurt at a Nottinghamshire school.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8142428.stm

This school is a few miles away from me. It's quite a rough school (one of my friends used to take knives into school and has had a few knife fights). Seeing as everyone in the media and many people I know (I have friends and family who go to that school) have said that the teacher is an amazing guy I reckon that the kids were some absolute cunts and went way too far. We all know the type, the ones who don't really deserve to be alive.

Personally (if my assumptions are correct, if not then I'll retract this) I sympathise with the teacher. Teachers have very little that they can actually do to control kids and the pupils know this. That's why you'll always get these sorts of pricks who do what they want. I know the teacher has gone too far but I think that it's about time that something was done to give teacher's more control. I think it's about time they did something about the parents. Most of the parents don't care. They're usually benefit wasters who contribute nothing to society.

Yes I know there's a news thread but there's fuck all discussion in there so it's pretty pointless to post this in there.

All it needs is a few pictures of these kids involved...if they're chavs, then there's no way anyone should feel concerned. It really is that simple, these days. You see a stab victim in the papers and think 'gosh', but upon seeing the picture of a chav you think 'that's a relief. One less of those around'.

Never has life been so unequal.

(one of my friends used to take knives into school and has had a few knife fights)

Had a few knife fights? :indeed:

Guessing he has killed quite a few people then.

Its a sad story all round to be honest. The bare bones of it is that even if the kids were being little twats, it doesn't condone that sort of behavior from a teacher.

It's a problem with society today that the little bastards get away with doing basically what ever they want. You as much as look at a kid the wrong way nowadays and you're on the sex offenders list and stripped off your penis before you're had your morning shreddies.

Power to the teacher.

Without knowing the full story, no one can really pass judgement. Just because "everyone" says he's an amazing teacher, doesn't mean it's automatically okay to say it must have been all the kids fault and so on. The situation could be entirely different from what you all seem to be assuming.

Even if the kid was being a total fuckdick, "attempted murder" is no way to deal with your pupils is it?

Edited by Slaggis

From what I read the kid in the more serious condition was found in a pool of his own blood. No way will I be cheering for the teacher here.

Even if the kid was being a total fuckdick, "attempted murder" is no way to deal with your pupils is it?

I don't know about you, but if I attempted to murder a kid I'm pretty sure I'd actually be able to and therefore murder him. 'Attempted Murder' sounds a bit overblown.

Had a few knife fights? :indeed:

Well I didn't mean actual knife fights. But he used to threaten people with them.

Well I didn't mean actual knife fights. But he used to threaten people with them.

Now I getcha.

he sounds like a greeeeat friend O_O

whatever happened this guy's career is very likely over.

shame. i know how infuriating kids can get when they think they're too cool for school... they probably just pushed him over the edge.

he sounds like a greeeeat friend O_O

Friend = someone who played for the same football team.

I don't completely root for the teacher, I've had teachers who by 'everybody' being condone as fantastic, but in class are complete and utter tits.

Nobody can attack a kid like that and call it self defense, no matter how kids act, there's never a need to attack them, call for backup and all that.

I don't completely root for the teacher, I've had teachers who by 'everybody' being condone as fantastic, but in class are complete and utter tits.

Nobody can attack a kid like that and call it self defense, no matter how kids act, there's never a need to attack them, call for backup and all that.

backup? they're teachers - not MIB :heh:

you've obviously never tried to get a bunch of 13 year old boys interested in learning something.... if they didnt still employ the death sentence in japan my n-e location might read "on the run!" right now... >__>

glad the kid's ok, shame on the teacher and all - but from my experiences in the classroom, even as a student many-ish years ago (and i'm sure behavior issues have worsened since i was in school.) i imagine the teach just snapped and grabbed the nearest bunsen burner. :nono:

saying that! if you cant stand the kids - get out of the teaching profession. simples.

as someone who's actually actively pursuing this career it's really sad to see this kind of thing happening... sad and worrying...

*checks the school website for vacancies...*

shucks.. too soon...

Edited by bluey

More pupils deserve to be attacked by teachers these days.

backup? they're teachers - not MIB :heh:

you've obviously never tried to get a bunch of 13 year old boys interested in learning something.... if they didnt still employ the death sentence in japan my n-e location might read "on the run!" right now... >__>

glad the kid's ok, shame on the teacher and all - but from my experiences in the classroom, even as a student many-ish years ago (and i'm sure behavior issues have worsened since i was in school.) i imagine the teach just snapped and grabbed the nearest bunsen burner. :nono:

saying that! if you cant stand the kids - get out of the teaching profession. simples.

as someone who's actually actively pursuing this career it's really sad to see this kind of thing happening... sad and worrying...

*checks the school website for vacancies...*

shucks.. too soon...

Haha true I honestly couldn't think of a better word.

Yes I know there's a news thread but there's fuck all discussion in there so it's pretty pointless to post this in there.

Well said.

I heard about this on East Midlands Today, it pissed me off because they had/were giving fuck all information... Something happened, great, now some details. It could've been self defence! It doesn't seem the case now, but it could've been anything earlier on the amount of intel they were giving.

The website isn't even giving some specifics... Fucking BBC.

All it needs is a few pictures of these kids involved...if they're chavs, then there's no way anyone should feel concerned.

There is a pic of one kid on there. With a proper smug-twat face.

Not too a dissimilar expression from the picture of Shannon Matthews.

What the fuck? How can someone claim to stand up for the teacher? It's a God Damned 14 year old child! Leave your ridiculous stereotypes of what type of child it is; based on the area and school's reputation and look at the facts.

Jesus Christ, I hope some people on here aren't ever called for Jury duty.

Erm just so you know Haggis, attempted murder doesn't necessarily mean he tried to kill them and fail. I know that doesn't make much sense, but its not quite as straight forward as you think, and I'm way too tired to provide a real answer.

Some people here don't seem to understand how demanding a job teaching can be - yes what the teacher did was wrong, but while on a personal scale it is a tragedy (he will lose his job, I have no doubt about that, unless he is proven to be 100% innocent) and this kid prolly didn't enjoy the experience.

On a broader scale, I think this raises issues about the support and honour teachers receive from society.

Certainly in secondary schools, and increasingly even in primary schools, teachers are routinely abused by management, parents and pupils, and unless something is done to reverse this I imagine more teachers will begin to "snap".

Hopefully not though. I do hope that kid was one of the less pleasant ones - I'm sure we all had them in our schools. I also hope this incident has a positive effect on him - ie he thinks about the consequences of his actions - rather than negative ones trauma, withdrawing from society etc etc.)

As for the teacher, I hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

Overall I would say the one who needs to answer questions is the head, as he should have support set up for teachers so they don't get to this point, and he, imo is overall responsible for discipline of unruly kids (I presume unruly kids would be the root cause)

Also - to those claiming the poor kids innocent. If thats the case this teacher will be clinically insane. Otherwise I assure you, the good kids will not have been harmed by the teacher. This kid will have set himself up as a "bad'un" in the teachers mind, which would be the reason the teacher went for him. I presume the teacher snapped, the flight of fight mechanism kicked in, the teachers ability to reason was lost for a few moments, he fought, the kid was attacked.

What the fuck? How can someone claim to stand up for the teacher? It's a God Damned 14 year old child! Leave your ridiculous stereotypes of what type of child it is; based on the area and school's reputation and look at the facts.

No, but really. If it's a chav then I honestly couldn't care less. It all hinges on whether they were a chav or not. Harsh words, but with all the things to care about these days, probably chavvy kids getting slapped about isn't one of them.

If it was a chav, which it sounds like it probably was, I think I would side with the teacher on this one. Although, he probably did go a step too far. That probably sounds harsh, but TBH, I think most people who would disagree don't remember how chavs often treated teachers. But I don't really know enough about this, so I'll leave it at that.

It doesn't really matter if the kid was a chav, a goth or anything else for that matter. This type of behaviour from a teacher or a pupil is not right in the classroom.

The school is a place where education takes place. It's a place where you can learn, but it's also a safe haven for many, many kids. For some children, they might see a lot of violence within their own homes, or in their areas. For them, that's something they should not have to deal with in school, especially if it's by a teacher who is employed to look after the well-being of all children.

It is very tough being a teacher, and sometimes inside you do worry that one day you might crack up, say or do something foolish. That's something that got mentioned to us at University. But, putting things into perspective, you're still there to educate the children. That's what they are at the end of the day.

Nobody can tell what truly happened just by reading a newspaper, because a lot of facts don't get published, and it only really offers a brief insight into the event itself. But, I think somewhere along the line things have gone awry. Look at the first post in this thread for example: kids taking knives into school. I find that horrific. If children are taking weapons like that into schools, you have to assume that they are going to use these weapons. As a teacher (soon to be, if I ever get a bluddy job), I find that disturbing.

Nobody can tell what truly happened just by reading a newspaper, because a lot of facts don't get published, and it only really offers a brief insight into the event itself.

I couldn't endorse this statement more. Basically, the Jurys decision will be the most informed and therefore the "correct" one.

As for my oppinion on the whole charade: I don't care. I really don't. I have no personal connection to anyone involved, so in terms of my own personal interest, the whole story is no different from fictional programmes on TV.

Well this story totally beats out the one in America where a teacher gave her 5th graders a home sex tape.

In all seriousness though, I only skimmed the thread and don't know more than, crappy school with crappy students and a teacher attacked them.