NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

Bulletproof Banned Down Under; 50: "Shit ain't right"

50 Cent can encourage kids to buy his game all he wants, but children in the land down under have no chance to purchase the title, much less stare at the box art in their local brick-and-mortar stores. Australia’s Office of Film and Literature Classification refuses to give a rating to Bulletproof due to its ultra-violent presentation (including the ability to kill those who begged for their lives).

Tough luck, Fitty, but if you want to bypass censors, you could try online distribution. Bulletproof is currently available in the US for PS2 and Xbox, with the PSP version coming soon.

So, forumites, should the same apply here?

This title is the subject of much mocking at work. Just...hmm. Well. Can't fairly evaluate this game as I dislike the person oh so. But just wondering; anyone else think the box has a huuuge 18 cert. to show off?

I brought the game and yes it did suck but was uber violent some of the moves you could do i was shocked i think the 18 is there for a reason. I spose they have to put it there these days after that dumb ass parent that reaconed her kid got murdered cause of manhunt

Its rather funny to think that there is a special edition of this game. Yes, i am wondering why as well.

I [bought] the game...

So it was you!

In my experience, there are too many angry black people pointing guns at me when I'm browsing the shelves in GAME these days.

Although I suppose I should refrain from entering the store five minutes before it closes.

But it isn't my place to judge the game. After all, it "could revolutionise the entertainment industry."

Racial stereotypes are alive and well in videogames. Saints Row anyone? Thought not. It'd be fantastic if Bulletproof hardly sold a copy, but you just know it'll fly off the shelves because of all the chav kids who want to be gangsters/dealers/killers.

Racial stereotypes are alive and well in videogames. Saints Row anyone? Thought not. It'd be fantastic if Bulletproof hardly sold a copy, but you just know it'll fly off the shelves because of all the chav kids who want to be gangsters/dealers/killers.

Well, there are a lot of Fiddy Pence fans — although it's not yet topping the charts. It's sad that they'd buy it just for the name on the box, but there's no helping some people.

*Hides Crystal Chronicles*

On another note, Saint's Row is proven to make people more violent: every time I see it I want to punch the developer in the face.

I saw it sixth in the charts in Gamestation, with Pro Evo 5 number 1. Maybe there's hope for UK yet. :)

Sign in to follow this