NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Marvelous Porting Wii Games To 360/PS3

image-thumb14.png

Marvelous Entertainment backed the Wii in a big way with new series like Little King’s Story, No More Heroes, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade. However, sales of these games in Japan (Little King’s Story excluded, of course, since it’s only out in Europe) haven’t been stellar.

In a financial presentation Marvelous has a new plan for their rich library of properties. First, is moving into multi-platform PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 development. I can confirm that Rainy Woods, Marvelous’ first title specifically made for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, is still in development. Their other strategy is porting some of their Wii titles to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

www.siliconera.com

Sounds like a lot of work to remake these games. And what if they still don't sell? Quite a risk.

They won't be remakes, they'll be ports. It's a great idea. I'd definitely consider downloading them off PSN.

Maybe Sony and Microsoft can get them bundled with their motion controllers.

Well surely since a good deal of the 360/PS3 population are graphics whores would they really sell much better?

Then again it's not really going to cost much to port anyway.

They won't be remakes, they'll be ports. It's a great idea. I'd definitely consider downloading them off PSN.

Maybe Sony and Microsoft can get them bundled with their motion controllers.

¬____¬. They wont be on XBLA/PSN because they want money.

So far, it's only one title and nothing more than that. That's what they have confirmed at the moment but perhaps more will follow.

Could well be interesting, seeing as I do rate a lot of Marvelllous/Rising Star's Wii output. Rather than straight ports I hope they decide to give the games a graphical bump as there is a slight danger that they'll get overlooked again (as stated by EE).

An HD version of Little Kings Story would be an instant purchase. :)

¬____¬. They wont be on XBLA/PSN because they want money.

Couldn't they do a dual release?

I don't think they'll sell any better, specially in Japan, then they already did. Good luck to them anyway.

Well it's not like with these games that the graphics are the most important aspect, it's the art syle, just look at NMH. A lot of that game was quite labouring though, mowing the lawn wtf.

Why don't MMV do something smarter, the 360/PS3 is not going to give them much of a profit, there is another system out there MMV, two of them as a matter of fact, a PS2 and PSP. And if Persona 4 taught people anything, PS2 games can still sell.

Certain wii games would do much better on PS3 no doubt. With Waggle too :p

Sign in to follow this