NEurope
ReZourceman

Michael Jackson Dead

Wasn't he working with one of the Black Eyed Peas? I think tha could've worked.

After hearing the Black Eyed Peas latest single, pretty much anything would have worked, but yeah, working with Michael Jackson would have done quite a bit for their rep, but not much for his tbh as what he did for music was in a different league to the BEP's.

I quite like BEP so personally I would've liked to see something come off. I saw it in one of the interviews and he looked like he was enjoying some of the stuff he was coming out with.

I quite like BEP so personally I would've liked to see something come off. I saw it in one of the interviews and he looked like he was enjoying some of the stuff he was coming out with.

Fair enough, tbf I used to 'like' them too... their music was at least entertaining for a while Imo but their latest single lacks everything for me personally.

Anyway this isn't the music thread :P I was just making the point that what Michael Jackson achieved musically in his lifetime was phenomenal and it's good that he was finally due to return to the spotlight, it's just a shame that this will now never happen. :(

Well here is the lame joke doing the rounds in the office:

Given that Michael Jackson was recently reported to be suffering from skin cancer, the coroner is not sure yet if the real cause of death should be blamed on the sunshine.....or the moonlight, the good times or the boogie, but at this time he suspects it was the boogie.

Los Angeles police have now been round to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch following his death. It is being reported that they found Class A drugs in his kitchen, Class B drugs in his bathroom and Class 4C in his bedroom.

Police suspect a smooth criminal was responsible. He was not alone. There was apparently a man in the mirror who was very dangerous and wanted to be startin something even though MJ told him to beat it and was heard to say leave me alone. Nobody knows if the suspect was black or white.

Whacko Jacko .. now believed to have died from from food poisoning ... he choked on some 12yr old nuts .

Jacko died of a heart attack this morning shocked when he discovered that boyz II men was a band, not a delivery service

Michael Jackson's last wish was to be melted down and made into carrier bags so that he could still be a danger to small children.

The difference between Michael Jackson and Alex Ferguson? Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August!

Some of those are funny because they are not subtle in the slightest.

There's something really fishy about the whole thing to me.

Not that I think there's a conspiracy and he's not really dead, like all the Elvis rumours, but something's not quite right.

They announce 50 dates in the same city and arena (who else does that?) which are all sell outs, and then he dies a few months later with the insurance company picking up a $300m bill for the cancelled concerts.

Something doesn't sit right.

I think he was already dying of AIDS (he was continually deteriorating) and wanted to solve his financial problems for his childrens' sake before he went

That's really bad :( I can't believe that loads of people still think he abused those kids, well I can actually because a lot of people are painfully predictable and believe pretty much everything they read in the papers... :indeed:

He was a nice guy who was just tragically misunderstood Imo... anyone ever hear the story of when he went to London and wanted to meet homeless people because he didn't believe that there were people living on the streets? after he saw that it was true, he secretly ordered a load of Pizzas which were then delivered to loads of homeless people, it's a pretty odd thing to do really but well-meaning. :)

Yeah its true...I think he was just very naive and his way of trying to display his love for children was very genuine. I think in our current paranoid media frenzied world it has been inevitable that a man who was perhaps odd and eccentric (and who can blame him) was labelled as such. Remember all the crap it was alledged they found in neverland etc...

The latest joke:

"NEWS FLASH: Farrah Fawcett had but 1 wish when entering heaven 'Please look after the children'. So God took Michael Jackson. Gary Glitter is shitting himself!"

I began my vocal tribute to MJ earlier on with Earth Song. And i did feel some emotion coming on, but not a lot. It is a beutiful song with some pretty powerful lyrics.

I'm going to go off now and play "Beat It" on Guitar Hero:WT as a tribute.

On all 4 instruments!

I'm going to go off now and play "Beat It" on Guitar Hero:WT as a tribute.

On all 4 instruments!

Sounds a worthy tribute my friend, have fun

This is truly sad. I've never felt touched about a celebrity's death before, but this really hit me.

I never knew what to make of the paedophilia accusations, but I want do believe he was simply a man who loved children, but who had trouble expressing it. He always seemed like a guy who wanted to do good in the world, but who didn't always know how to go about with it. I will always remember him for his good sides and his amazing talent.

Sounds a worthy tribute my friend, have fun

'Tis indeed a great idea. I shall follow his example.

I'll be hitting donkey konga when I get home for some I want you back Jammin

I was actually interviewed on the radio in Leeds today about Michael Jackson's death.

I'm neutral on this. I was never really a big Jackson fan, and I'd be far more devastated if someone, say, Alexandra Burke, were to die. So I'll have to put myself in that situation, and sympathise with fans that way. On the one hand, people die every day, and just because it was someone fortunate enough to be as rich and famous like Michael Jackson was, it doesn't make it any more tragedic. But on the other hand, he defined his music genre, and in that sense, the world has lost a truly great artist.

And here is the next one:

The United States Government has stepped in to deny Michael Jackson’s request of a cremation. They stated that because Michael is 70% plastic he will need to be recycled!

Apparently Michael Jackson died picking his nose, doctors said they are not blaming it on the sunshine, they are not blaming the moonlight, they are blaming the boogey!

For people saying "oh he wasn't a paedophile, he just genuinely loved children..." - I think there's a social stereotype that a paedo is a dirty old man in the bushes who just wants to bugger some small child for pervy, lustrous reasons. I'm trying to say that paedophiles by definition love children, and while I still sit on the fence about the allegations against Jackson, I don't think that's a valid defense for going too far.

Its gets more interesting:

Police in Los Angeles are reportedly hunting for Michael Jackson's doctor following allegations that the singer was given a potentially fatal painkiller dose.

Unconfirmed reports have suggested that the 'Thriller' star collapsed at his LA home after being given an injection of Demerol, which can trigger cardiac arrest.

According to TMZ, who broke the news of Jackson's death last night, police officials have not been able to locate the unnamed doctor.

"We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home - and the doctor is nowhere to be found," said the website in a posting. "The cops want to interview the doc."

An LAPD spokesperson has said that she cannot confirm the reports.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a162269/lapd-searching-for-jackson-doctor.html

TMZ.com reporting:

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death

A close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM. Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Guess we'll know in the next few days. The autopsy has now begun.

From whats being said on the news it looks like he has a long series of drug addiction problems and was given a fatal dose.

I can't believe it. I got home about 30 minutes ago, flipped the news on, and it's just hit me. God I can't believe it. A nice, brilliant man who was an absolute GENIUS. He'll ALWAYS be remembered I'm sure, and he'll continue to inspire. Sky news just showed him performing I Want You back and i couldn't help it, there I went, crying.

This is truly sad. I've never felt touched about a celebrity's death before, but this really hit me.

I never knew what to make of the paedophilia accusations, but I want do believe he was simply a man who loved children, but who had trouble expressing it. He always seemed like a guy who wanted to do good in the world, but who didn't always know how to go about with it. I will always remember him for his good sides and his amazing talent.

What you said there mate pretty much sums up what Ive been thinking as well. R.I.P. MJ.

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Man Utd?

Man Utd will play Giggs this summer.