NEurope
ReZourceman

Wimbledon 2009

Yeah I saw his fourth round match, but one game does not suddenly alter my opinion of him. It was a step in the right direction, but I'm far from warming to him yet.

Plus a lot of the atmosphere was built from it being the first indoor night time match at Wimbledon, something very different!

Who I'd like to win...

Womens: Dementieva

Mens: Roddick

Edited by Retro_Link

I can't see Roddick winning it, he has awful records against both Murray and Federer if my memory serves me correctly. Plus Murray's game is perfectly suited to counter Roddicks.

I'd say we're heading for a Murray - Federer final unless Murray chokes ;)

I can't see Roddick winning either, I'd just prefer him to!

Can't see Federer loosing, I think he'd probably 3 set Murray in the final aswell!

Say Federer and Murray did get to the final, I think it's tough to call. Murray has a good record against Feds but Feds has been looking invincible. Plus going for the record will spur him on.

Williams is slow not just against mean but women too. Look at any of her matches earlier in the year especially. If her opponents are knocking it into the corners, she struggles to chase it down. Funnily enough Azarenka beat her that way earlier in the year.

:laughing:

Did you see Serena against Azarenka yesterday?

Also she was heavily injured in her match against Azarenka in Miami. Almost any other player would have pulled out in that match.

Well what do you know... a good game of womens tennis!!... knew I could count on Dementieva!

Yeah watched the tie break, it's refreshing to see a non-Williams returning the ball with power and meaning from the base-line. Serena didn't like it!

And I retain my earlier comment that Safina could be attractive behind all that anger.

And I retain my earlier comment that Safina could be attractive behind all that anger.

In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

dinarasafina.jpg

dinara-safina.jpg

dinara-safina-berlin08.jpg

dinara-safina.jpg

Just...nooooo! :shakehead

It was painfully predictable before Wimbledon even started that it would be a Murray Federer final; and probably another Williams sisters final...

Anyone who thinks Murray is a boring tennis player (Snowman) must have been dropped on their head as a baby!! Don't like him? Fair enough, bit of a dick; but he's an incredible tennis player.

And Roddick isn't that interesting to watch; he's all serve and I like my rallies. Murray will annihilate him!

In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

dinarasafina.jpg

dinara-safina.jpg

dinara-safina-berlin08.jpg

dinara-safina.jpg

Just...nooooo! :shakehead

Okay maybe not, but she looked good during her warm-up from today.

Stupid Williams sisters!!

Serena was so unattractive to watch today, grunting and shouting her head off, was really pissing me off!

Dementieva on the other hand was lovely to watch, played fantastic against Serena, it really could have gone either way... and I'd really love to see her win Wimbledon one day!

And yeah, Roddick is pretty boring to watch, I think Hewitt really brought the best out of him because of his style of play and because he was a match for his serve; where as with other players he just stands there firing serve one after the other... boring!

But on the other hand he's a really nice guy.

Stupid Williams sisters!!

Serena was so unattractive to watch today, grunting and shouting her head off, was really pissing me off!

Dementieva on the other hand was lovely to watch, played fantastic against Serena, it really could have gone either way... and I'd really love to see her win Wimbledon one day!

And yeah, Roddick is pretty boring to watch, I think Hewitt really brought the best out of him because of his style of play and because he was a match for his serve; where as with other players he just stands there firing serve one after the other... boring!

But on the other hand he's a really nice guy.

I'm the opposite. I find Hewitt so boring too watch. He has no big weapons and his game is all about being a fighter and counter puncher. After firing 40 odd aces down against him, i wouldn't really call Hewitt a match for Roddick's serve.

So you'd rather watch Roddick stand their firing ace after ace, than having to change his game and run around and actually play tennis?... how strange!

The fact that Hewitt took the match as far as it could go proves exactly that he's a match for Roddicks serve.

And big weapons ruin games.

Edited by Retro_Link

So you'd rather watch Roddick stand their firing ace after ace, than having to change his game and run around and actually play tennis?... how strange!

The fact that Hewitt took the match as far as it could go proves exactly that he's a match for Roddicks serve.

And big weapons ruin games.

Unless I was watching another match, Roddick was more than a match for Hewitt when it came to trading ground strokes. The guy has the best serve in Tennis but it's not all he's about. It obviously helps but you can't overlook the fact that anyone who got as many first serves in and served as little double faults as he did will always have advantage, especially if they can serve anywhere near the speed Andy can.

I'd say Karlovic has a better serve, but Roddick has a far superior game to him ;)

oh well a walkover for Federer now, at least Murray would have provided a bit of a challenge for him

Fantastic match from Roddick some Henman esque serve and volleying and awesome serving as per usual.

Hopefully the nation can return to normal, the national two week wankathon over tennis can end.

Exactly. Regardless of who was going up against Federer, no one is going to beat him. But really, given how much Roddick has improved with his new coach, he'll probably give a much better challenge to Federer than Murray would have given.

Hopefully the nation can return to normal, the national two week wankathon over tennis can end.

Makes a nice break from the nine month wankathon over football.

If Murray can't challenge Roddick how would he have challenged Federer?

Bullshit.

Did you even watch the match? It essentially came down too 2 tie-breaks that were very close. Yes, Roddick was slightly better on the whole but I wouldn't have begrudged either from winning.

I'm not bothered that Murray lost, as I said before I'm a big Roddick fan and i really hope he get one over on that arrogant cock on Sunday.