NEurope
ReZourceman

Wimbledon 2009

I don't think he's truely been tested yet.

Also omg does Andrew Castle kiss his ass! Never heard someone exagerate so much!

I don't think he's truely been tested yet.

Also omg does Andrew Castle kiss his ass! Never heard someone exagerate so much!

yes you have

He's really on a charge now!

Whilst watching Roddick's match earlier I decided to watch some youtube videos of him.

He's such an awesome guy, his impersonations of other players and also the video compilation of some of the stuff he says in his interviews.

Glad Murray went through, although I was nodding off near the end of the match and missed the winner.

Come on Troicki, you know the drill!

@stev2604, loving your snaps of the Fed! :grin:

Thanks, he looks even better when you watch him live. He just looked several levels above his opponent, and never seemed to play the wrong shot! Also his movement and anticipation are exemplified when you see him play in person.

I'm hoping he beats Roddick or Hewitt in the final. Having said that I'd like him to beat Murray in a slam again, so that the media will shut up about his record against him!

Haha, there's quite a bit of un-love for Murray out there. Are there any reasons?

I quite enjoy watching the guy play. He does seem to get a little better with each game, and he just seems to have that little bit of class which I think is missing from so many players out there. As it has been said, aside from the first match, the second and third games were relatively straight forward. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with a greater challenge, as I think that'll be a good test to see how far he has come.

But, as in any sport, you can only play against whats infront of you. Sometimes you won't be playing against the best player in the world, but you still need to go out there and do a professional job anyway. I think it is the "lesser" games or opponents that some players in any sport find more difficult.

Also, I'm glad to see the love for Hewitt. A very exciting player to watch. :)

Because everyone on here is a moron! :D

Murray is awesome and will destroy Fed in the final like he usually does....most of the time.....

I'm not totally against Murray getting to the final or even winning. He'll get there one day but I don't think it'll be this year, even with his improved performance yesterday which was really good. I just think the way that the likes of Federer and Hewitt are playing that he may not get to the final.

Thanks, he looks even better when you watch him live. He just looked several levels above his opponent, and never seemed to play the wrong shot! Also his movement and anticipation are exemplified when you see him play in person.

I'm hoping he beats Roddick or Hewitt in the final. Having said that I'd like him to beat Murray in a slam again, so that the media will shut up about his record against him!

Envy! :)

Yep, my picks from that half are Hewitt and Roddick too. I didn't like Hewitt much back when he was emerging, but now he's more of a seasoned campaigner I've come to not mind him- and even enjoy his "COME ON"'s. I think in the final Federer would obliterate Hewitt in his usual fashion. Against Roddick though it could be a tight affair due to Roddicks serve but you'd still think the Fed would beat him in four sets, tops.

Roger has a tough enough draw, so one game at a time- especially this second week.

As for Murray... I've never liked him. I've nothing against Brits (whether they be English, Welsh, Scottish... or Northern Irish! :hehe:), I just judge him on his tennis and his attitude- the way I do with every other tennis player. I watch tennis all year and Murray is one of the most boring players, seriously. One thing that has impressed me during Wimbledon has been his speed on the court- you can tell that he's in really great shape these days. I just find him so uninspirational as both a tennis player and a person... where as its the opposite with Roger Federer. :heh:

Envy! :)

Yep, my picks from that half are Hewitt and Roddick too. I didn't like Hewitt much back when he was emerging, but now he's more of a seasoned campaigner I've come to not mind him- and even enjoy his "COME ON"'s. I think in the final Federer would obliterate Hewitt in his usual fashion. Against Roddick though it could be a tight affair due to Roddicks serve but you'd still think the Fed would beat him in four sets, tops.

Roger has a tough enough draw, so one game at a time- especially this second week.

As for Murray... I've never liked him. I've nothing against Brits (whether they be English, Welsh, Scottish... or Northern Irish! :hehe:), I just judge him on his tennis and his attitude- the way I do with every other tennis player. I watch tennis all year and Murray is one of the most boring players, seriously. One thing that has impressed me during Wimbledon has been his speed on the court- you can tell that he's in really great shape these days. I just find him so uninspirational as both a tennis player and a person... where as its the opposite with Roger Federer. :heh:

Boring?

You What?

You obviously never saw his match yesterday, the range and syle of shots he had was amazing. You could see it the others guy's face, no matter what he tried Murray always had the answer. All this talk from people too about Murray not having a chance against Federer is truly bollocks. He's not lost too him since the US Open final (4 matches). Yes, he was shit in that but now he's got the experience of being in a slam final, I can't see him repeating the epic slaughtering. Federer is obviously amazing but he's no where near as invincible as he was a few years ago, not to mention having the toughest part of the draw.

I can't stand Federer, he's so arrogant and what a total nonce he looks like with his sodding suit and trousers. I'd like to see him beaten just so we can get a repeat of his Australian Open antics, crying like a baby. If we were going people who i'd like to win on anything beside being patriotic. I'd go for Andy Roddick. I've always been a big fan of his, he's just so refreshing, always up for a laugh and his interviews are awesome. He's gotten into a bit of a rut against the top players of late though, if he could just win one it would probably change his compete mindset against them.

I rather agree with Jon St there. Murray is many things, but a boring tennis player sure as hell ain't one of them. Although I rather like Federer too.

I can't stand Federer, he's so arrogant and what a total nonce he looks like with his sodding suit and trousers.
He does look like a world class penis.

But hey perhaps winning 14 Gland Slams buys him the right too!

Murray may produce some good tennis but omg is he uncharasmatic. Bulshit yourself and call it ruthlessness if you want, but I can't get behind and support someone that shows no personality or passion whilst playing.

Anyways Hewitt ftw!

Edited by Retro_Link

He does look like a world class penis.

But hey perhaps winning 14 Gland Slams buys him the right too!

Murray may produce some good tennis but omg is he uncharasmatic. Bulshit yourself and call it ruthlessness if you want, but I can't get behind and support someone that shows no personality or passion whilst playing.

Anyways Hewitt ftw!

Murray off a few years back was exactly like Hewitt, Arguing with umpires every two minutes and generally going mental on court. It was great to watch but it did have a tendency to distrupt his tennis. He has calmed down a lot more now but he does still have the odd outburst. he's no where near as boring as Federer, he has the personality of a dry sponge. Unless he looses in a grand slam final.

he's no where near as boring as Federer, he has the personality of a dry sponge.
Yeah agreed on Federer, though i find Murray just as bad. Even if he does have the occasional disagreement, it's delived in such an uncharimatic way.

I like my characters in tennis.

Don't get me wrong, I think Murray's a great player, and I'd like to see him win Wimbledon. It's just that the media always emphasise his positive head to head with Federer. The reality is, Federer won their only Grand Slam match, and in straight sets. He'd easily choose to lose to Murray at every non-slam event if he won their slam matches.

he's no where near as boring as Federer, he has the personality of a dry sponge

I think Murray's way more boring than Federer. His interviews are always "blah blah he's a great player, I'll have to play best etc". He never says anything different. At least Federer isn't afraid to speak his mind. E.g. regarding Djokovic:

You know I don't trust his injuries, no it's not funny,I mean I'm serious, and I think that he's a joke when he comes down to these injuries. The rules are there to be used but not abused and that's what he's been doing many times. That's why I wasn't happy to see him doing that and then running around like a rabbit again. Yeah it was a good handshake for me. I was happy to beat him.

You f**king c**t!

Murray's outburst aimed at the umpire in their Davis Cup clash with Serbia & Montenegro, a move that got team GB fined $2,500. (8/04/06)

haha, subtle!

Hmm, I really dislike that word.

Anyway, Federer, Murray and Nadal are all great players, and they're each very different to each other. I'd like to merge all 3 together...and call it Murfeddal. Add in the sexiness of Sharapova, and victory is ours.

In all seriousness, Federer has something about him, a certain class I think. Coming onto the court in that white suit, he looked very suave. It is class, I think, and he's got every right to walk around with a swagger.

:cry: I don't want Hewitt to go out! But he's loosing to Stepanek who seems pretty relentless right now.

Apparently Stepanek beat Federer not so long ago with the same strong serve volley tactics. Plus Hewitts just had an injury time out which isn't good!

"COME ON Hewitt!!"

Yeah shame about Ivanovic!

Williams sisters are so frickin boring!

Edited by Retro_Link

I cried when Sharapova went out. And, now Ivanovic.

But, who needs them?

We still have Mauresmo!

mauresmo.jpg

*shudders*

haha, gotta be a tucked up tackle in there somewhere!

Hewitt's such an awesome fighter, you can't keep him down!

Sure he's left it late, but he's just broken two service games in the third!!

"COME ON"

haha, gotta be a tucked up tackle in there somewhere!

Hewitt's such an awesome fighter, you can't keep him down!

Sure he's left it late, but he's just broken two service games in the third!!

"COME ON"

There has to be. Look at those arms...I would feel violated if she ever groped me with those.

Hewitt is brilliant. Although, I think his momentum may have been broken by the rain, as it's just stopped play.

The Roof!

The Roof!

The Roof is on Centre!

Edit: Two special moments for me.

Hewitt and Stepanek just come back onto the court, and begin to hit some balls to each other to warm up. The legion of Hewitt's fans begin to make noises which resemble tennis grunts. A male grunt every time Hewitt hit a ball, and a girlie grunt for Stepanek.

"OOOOOOOOOH!"

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOH!"

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

I laughed my head off.

Brilliant moment at the start of the Fourth Set. Hewitt was 30-15 up with Stepanek's serve. Hewitt lobs the ball back to Stepanek, and waits on the base line. Stepanek volleys the ball right back to him, and Hewitt returns the ball to the other side of the court, out of reach, to take him to 4-15. Brilliant.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

What an absolutely AWESOME break of service game from Hewitt at the start of the fourth!!

COME ON!!

EDIT: Get In!! Up two breaks of serve now!! Some amazing shots being played! Never a dull moment when Hewitts around!

Suuuuuuuper, Super Lley,

Suuuuuuuper, Super Lley,

Suuuuuuuper, Super Lley,

Super Lleyton Hewitt!!

Edited by Retro_Link