NEurope
ReZourceman

Wimbledon 2009

Watched it from after 5pm when I got home. Roddick was clearly the better player. Murray had an easy draw with Nadal not showing up, then he came up against Roddick who was the best player he met during the whole tournament and couldn't cope.

Makes a nice break from the nine month wankathon over football.

True, but people geniunely give a shit about football. A lot of these people at tennis are only there for a good day out and switch allegiences like their underpants.

Really hope Roddick wins on Sunday, he deserve a Wimbledon title.

I think Murrays gonna have to wait some time for this title with Federer still around and Nadal back next year.

Really hope Roddick wins on Sunday, he deserve a Wimbledon title.

I'm gonna stick with Federer. 15th Grand Slam coming up. :grin:

Anyone else always find it hard to take a match between the Williams sisters seriously?

I'm sure it's not the case, but you can't help but think they're give each other points here and there to make it as close as possible; or even that before the match they've already decided who's gonna win this year and then just go out and give and give people something to watch.

IMO a match between the Williams sisters is possibly the most boring match imaginable!

I used to think Venus v Serena was a farce but as they've gotten used to playing each other professionally, I think their matches have produced some of the best tennis you can see on the women's tour.

I'm rooting for Serena right now. She's playing the best of the two, and besides, she's the most attractive, however shallow that sounds.

I'm rooting for Serena right now. She's playing the best of the two, and besides, she's the most attractive, however shallow that sounds.

You still wouldn't though, right?

It's a sad day for women, when Serena is the nicest on show.

Man, Safina must of been rubbish!

The way Venus totally dominated her, it looked like Venus was in ultimate form, but she wasn't a match for Serena today (who had looked the weaker of the two this year up until now), and her apparent form was probably just a result of never being truely challenged in the draw.

Damn, if only Dementieva had beaten Serena! The fact she took Serena all the way meant she probably would have had a decent chance against Venus.

It was a rather lacklustre end to the Woman's tennis. The Dementieva/Serena match was far better than that. I wouldn't say Venus was s**t but she performed badly against her sister. Her serving was and is very poor and needs a hell of a lot of work given the serves that are coming from some of the younger players. But the match in general was just boring. It felt like I was watching a training match between the two. No real excitement.

Oh well, hopefully the men's final tomorrow will be better than that.

Likewise. I really hope Roddick can win but it's going to be a long match. Won't finish anything under 4 sets, probably go to 5 in the end. Gonna be close the whole way though. Nice to see Sampras there though.

Fucking hell. That was...tense.

Common Roger!!!!!

Go on Tim!

:heh:

On a more serious note, I dislike Federer (I find him cocky and smug), and I miss Nadal. I'm backing Roddick - the match he had against Hewitt was exceptionally good to watch, so he deserves it.

I can't believe I nearly didn't watch this match, its been awesome.

Come on Roddick!

Edit: Gah, soooooo close!

Edited by Eddage

Well Federer just came across as an ABSOLUTE DICK in his inteview; all that crap about the hurt at not winning, he's got no fucking clue what Andy's going through (having already won 5 as Andy shouted to him). Didn't seem to me like the crowd liked it much too.

I think Roddick was the better player on the day; being able to break Federer, but fitness won through in the end.

Gutted for Roddick, he deserved it so much more and I really hope he gets a Wimbledon title one of these days!

Edited by Retro_Link

So unlucky Andy. I thought on the whole he deserved to win. Held serve like 10 times to stay in the match and just played exceptionally well. I didn't think Federer played his greatest but that's why he's such a legend. Roddick did start to tire in the end, which was always a risk having played so much Tennis this week. Federer backed up my belief that he is a total douchebag in his interview, what a dick.

If anything I just hope it makes Andy realize he belongs right at the top of the game.

..hmm, yeh, I don't think Federer came across too graciously after the match and am really disappointed that Roddick didn't manage to win it in the end as I feel he deserved it :hmm:

Feel sorry for Roddick as he put up one hell of a fight for the title. Just such a shame that he couldn't get there in the end. But when you look at how much tennis Roddick has had to come through over the last few days, with Hewitt and Murray, compared with Federer I think it was inevitable that he wouldn't get to the end. Federer had the easiest of the draws which is a bit disgusting really.

But at the end of the day, Roddick played the best tennis he's ever played and with Steffanki as his coach, he's definitely on his way back up to the top and hopefully, he'll be able to win that second grand slam because he really does deserve it.

Not got much to say on Federer and the 15 grand slams other than congrats.