NEurope
ReZourceman

Wimbledon 2009

What an absolutely AWESOME break of service game from Hewitt at the start of the fourth!!

COME ON!!

Haha, read the edits from my post above.

This is a brilliant game. :)

30-40 in favour of Hewitt, can he do it?

Shit, deuce. But, it's Stepanek's serve. I think Hewitt can break him again.

Ooo, lovely shot! Advantage Hewitt.

Ace. Deuce.

This is lovely.

OMG what an EPIC win!! Hewitt you absolute legend!!

Best game of the tournament so far!!

COME ON!!!!

Murray is playing poor right now, what's happening to him? I think maybe he is either complacent or he hasn't had much proper practise tournament.

Maybe he just isn't as good? See if he can pick it up in the second set.

Looks like he's picked his game up.

urgh, anyone else finding the Murray super-slow-mo's annoying?

And wtf at him throwing strops about slipping on the grass?... it's grass you fool!!... oh but when it's clay it's fine?!

Edited by Retro_Link

I can't understand, whats murray doing, he should be able to take guys like this apart in his sleep!

@ DomJcg, Wawrinka's good! h's been in the top 10 and he practices a lot with Murray, so they know each others games, which is partly why it's so tight.

Murray's in trouble as far as I see it. His services games keep running into multiple deuce's, where as more often than not Wawrinka manages to close his out at 40.

Meaning it's more likely Murrays gonna drop his serve and that's whats happening atm.

Murray is way too passive at times and plays for the errors made by the other players.

What's annoying is the constant 'Come on's' from Murray during his matches when the other player makes an error.

Wawrinka has had so many BP's not converted it's getting ridiculous, which is 3/13 currently.

Edited by The-Ironflame

This.Is.So.Tense.

OMG. Come on murray! How Warwrinka pulled out 3 games in a row after being 3-0 down is beyond me.

I had a feeling Stan would struggle to hold they're both losing concentration at times Stan (as in Wawrinka) even more so.

Edited by The-Ironflame

Can't believe it's still going. I've watched a football match in between!

EPIC to say the least.

EDIT: What a win! some great shots from both players!! great match.

Edited by Platty

Agreed, that was pretty thrilling.

Tennis n00b here, can someone tell me when the quarter finals / semis / final is? Going on holiday on thursday, wondering how much I'll miss

Tennis n00b here, can someone tell me when the quarter finals / semis / final is? Going on holiday on thursday, wondering how much I'll miss

They are all on during the rest of this week.

Looking forward to and yet dissapointed by the Hewitt-Roddick quarter final.

The are probably my two favourite players, so it's a shame one of them wont get any further.

But Hewitt's my favourite, so Hewitt ftw!!

for the Mens draw quarters are Wednesday, Semis Friday and Final on Sunday

Womens draw has the quarters tomorrow, Semis Thursday and Final on Saturday

Hewitt is awesome. SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! :grin: I want him to win!

I went out for Chinese and came back to find Murray was still playing. :p A great day of tennis.

for the Mens draw quarters are Wednesday, Semis Friday and Final on Sunday

Womens draw has the quarters tomorrow, Semis Thursday and Final on Saturday

Cheers

I'll have to find somewhere to watch the final on sunday then, shouldn't be too hard.

It was certainly one of the best games of the tournament. I was so happy I nearly cried at the end, just because you could see how badly he wanted it. It was so tense, the long rallies were the worst as I found myself biting my fist harder and harder as more shots were played.

And that drop shot in the final game from Murray - I could not believe that shot. Incredible.

Well, what are the chances? Two very awesome games in the same day. First, we were treated to a brilliant comeback by Lleyton Hewitt. Secondly, a brilliant game with Andy Murray.

Both games could really have gone either Murray. I wouldn't have been surprised if Murray had lost that match, as his opponent was more than a match for him. In the first set, no matter what Murray threw at him, the guy had an answer.

Both fought very well. I've enjoyed today.

You starting your own cockney? 'It could have gone either Murray'.

You starting your own cockney? 'It could have gone either Murray'.

Haha, that's what you get for doing or thinking five things at once. :D

I'm surprised it didn't say "it could have gone either Ozzy" since I'm talking to ViPeR/Joe about Black Sabbath.

The way the player runs, he's unbelievably roddick across the surface. It's a special attribute and the opponent just can't Hewitt.

The way the player runs, he's unbelievably roddick across the surface. It's a special attribute and the opponent just can't Hewitt.

Haha. You never know, it might take off. We're starting a craaaaaze.

Thing is I do it all the time in real life and it's a thing me and a friend do, it's quite infectious. Like in standard conversation Top Gear becomes Plop Smeer and it keeps the other person guessing what you're actually talking about.

It's better used for normal everyday words and guarentees laughs when you fall across a good one.

I recommend people try it. Although you kind of have to do it a lot or explain it for people to comprehend.

I remember a decent one that came up the other day, quite an easy guessable one; Ghandi McFlurry

Edited by dwarf